Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is not new actually. We have been discussing the issue for a while.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:22 pm

Seat Preview/Details

I am trying to find out who to contact regarding this issue for a flight I'm looking at:
The Details link-prebooking stage: says aircraft is a 777-300 which shows a row 1 & a row 8.
When I click the preview link to see which seats are still available there is no row 1 or row 8. The seating plan is not for either one of the layouts described for a 777-300.
I have called air canada and asked on air canada's facebook page and told them this. They assure me the flight I'm looking at has a row one.
Three days later the seating plan is still incorrect.
Is their anyone I can report this to and get it corrected?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seat maps for widebodies have been messed up for at least a few weeks. At least for some browsers. It is like that on firefox at least. And indeed row 1 and row 8 seem to be missing on the picture. But they exist allright.
chiaro likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by chiaro
....Three days later the seating plan is still incorrect.
Is their anyone I can report this to and get it corrected?

I posted about the missing rows here on Feb 17, and again on Mar 27 and I reported it to an AC res agent.

Today is April 7.

Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:45 pm

So who do you report it to ?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So who do you report it to ?
Does not really matter. Nothing gets done anyway. Goes to /dev/null.

Don't you know, they are smarter than us.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Just thought I'd check again. This is AC 15 on 2 random dates in June. You'll recognize the missing rows and seats.

Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
This seat numbering thing seems to be quite prevalent that I think it deserves its own shaming thread so AC can give it a good read.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:38 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I suspect you are wrong here.

Those aren't missing seats, they are part of the new "Business Class Basic" fare they are rolling out. No seat to deflate, Y class meals, Zone 5 boarding and no AQM.
ffsim and jc94 like this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1

Those aren't missing seats, they are part of the new "Business Class Basic" fare they are rolling out. No seat to deflate, Y class meals, Zone 5 boarding and no AQM.
They are indeed missing seats on my two flights on a 777-300 aircraft: I've paid for a business class lie flat seat and am assigned row 1 seat A on both my flights. Now these seating plans say the aircraft is still a 777-300 but the seating plan is missing a row 1.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

I be down if they are selling them at 3X Tango. No need for them aero pesos on a non-se account anyways
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

They are indeed missing seats on my two flights on a 777-300 aircraft: I've paid for a business class lie flat seat and am assigned row 1 seat A on both my flights. Now these seating plans say the aircraft is still a 777-300 but the seating plan is missing a row 1.
@chiaro
No one is disagreeing with you and I have posted screen shots of missing seats on various seat maps.

I think @Bohemian1 just forgot to include emoji with his post.

BTW, if you want to confirm the seats you paid for are there, you can go to Manage Bookings and look at the Details of your reservation. Or, you can call AC and have them confirm and email you an updated itinerary.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:39 pm
F 1

I have a question regarding Avis bookings through aircanada.com.

Immediately after booking a flight, I booked an Avis rental directly through aircanada.com. Confirmation page received and saved as a PDF. That being said, no email confirmation was received, nor can I see the booking through my Avis app, even though I inputted my Wizard number at the time of booking. Normally, any bookings made through Avis.com show up in my app instantly.

Kind of frustrating that Avis (via the app) doesn't seem to have record of my booking nor did I receive any email confirmation.

Is this normal?

--edit-- problem solved. The confirmation email ended up in my spam folder. And eventually the app did update to reflect the booking. So my fault this time around.

Last edited by F 1; Apr 9, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Ooooh, exciting. The missing rows are back

Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Ooooh, exciting. The missing rows are back

Just for the 2-J-cabin 777s?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.