Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC2MM SE Fairmont Presidents club
One word. Terrible!!!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: Aeropolan Super Elite SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Thumbs down Air Canada Website - Login using Chrome

Is anyone else able to login to aircanada.com using Chrome? I simply get the spinning plane of death. If i launch another tab it tells me to login...... Anyone remember how to get to the old site?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by gbeaumont
Is anyone else able to login to aircanada.com using Chrome? I simply get the spinning plane of death. If i launch another tab it tells me to login...... Anyone remember how to get to the old site?
It's fine here. Try incognito mode. The old site is gone afaik.

[Edit]
Fine being a relative term. This being AC IT I refer to fine as "loading", whether or not it lets one book a flight, upgrade a segment, or undertake any other non-standard and highly complex task is another story.

Last edited by jc94; Feb 3, 2017 at 3:58 pm Reason: Defining fine.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
No problem here logging in and I hate the new AC site. Chrome has been funny lately including with FT. Try clearing your cookies first. That helped me.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Cookies should not cause an issue.
I'd suggest clearing your cache (cached images and files) or using incognito mode at least before removing something that may have dozens of passwords and logins saved.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by gbeaumont
I have the same issue - simply close the tab and go back to the site and you will be somehow logged in... weird.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:26 pm

This is all I can get right now using Microsoft Edge...

Our services aren't available right now
We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.
Ref A: AE4C34B890F143E585FDC6EB50FCBB4B Ref B: HK2SCHEDGE0216 Ref C: Fri Feb 3 19:24:47 2017 PST

Firefox says the "Connection isn't Secure"

Last edited by SurveyHand; Feb 3, 2017 at 8:26 pm Reason: Added Firefox
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:30 pm

On Chrome I can open the site but when I try to check my booking I get either error 8104 or error 9102.

Either way I can't access my bookings.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
So I thought AC's new website is horrible... that is until I tried the new TK website. Wow, they really make AC look 10 times better in comparison!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
A new one for me: because this flight *is* operated by Air Canada (which it is), you cannot select seats.

Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauricio23
A new one for me: because this flight *is* operated by Air Canada (which it is), you cannot select seats.
I have seen it before too.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:34 am

So has anyone been able to book Google flights itineraries via AC with this new website? It just seems to redirect to the home page for me.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: 35 K
I have been trying to see what Movies are on the YVR to HKG flight but when I check the AC website it gives me a preliminary view of 16 movies of all genres but when I select Hollywood I get no returns just a copy of Enroute. I have used Chrome, Edge and IE with the same results. Does AC have new releases or have they moved to older content?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Flights booked on Air Canada mobile do not show up on Air Canada website!

I purchased two tickets on mobile app, logged in and all. Go to website, does not show them. Pull up using booking ref, shows them but says as not purchased on aircanada.com there are things I can not do and must call in! They have to be kidding!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by visitor
I purchased two tickets on mobile app, logged in and all. Go to website, does not show them. Pull up using booking ref, shows them but says as not purchased on aircanada.com there are things I can not do and must call in! They have to be kidding!
Yeah welcome to the AC IT nonsense. The only positive of late has been how all my website bookings appear in the app now. But that is only one fix, you've proven yet another serious flaw.

Got to say I am surprised anyone would book via the app given its current workflow (no flight passes) and limited information (all flight options, aircraft type, e-up). Would do all my bookings here if fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.