Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
Re-designed aircanada.com Website Offers Modern Digital Customer Experience and Enhanced Functionality

MONTREAL, Jan. 23, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada has launched its new, completely re-designed website www.aircanada.com which now offers a simple, intuitive user experience that is fully accessible across all devices and screen sizes, enhanced functionality and an easier-than-ever booking process.

"Thank you to the thousands of customers and Air Canada employees whose feedback drove our redesign efforts," said Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer. "The site's new features include an easier flight shopping experience by eliminating about half of the steps required to make a booking, enhanced accessibility for customers with special needs, and streamlined, simple and easier-to-find information. This also serves as a new foundation for improving Air Canada's digital experience: over the coming year, we'll be rolling-out many new website and mobile app features based on customer requests."

In addition to having the most current, real-time operational information such as flight status and travel updates, aircanada.com also provides a range of online tools where customers can quickly and easily check-in, or access a self-service re-booking tool when bad weather is forecasted to disrupt flights.

Aircanada.com is offered in seven languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, German, Japanese, and Italian, as well as in 24 countries around the world. Future enhancements including new features and additional languages and editions are being planned to ensure aircanada.com remains a best-in-class digital experience for our customers worldwide.

About Air Canada

Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving more than 200 airports on six continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2016 served approximately 45 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 64 airports in Canada, 54 in the United States and 90 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,330 airports in 192 countries. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax. For more information, please visit: www.aircanada.com, follow @AirCanada on Twitter and join Air Canada on Facebook.

SOURCE Air Canada

http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1099

A new Thread needs to be started so that the new web site may be rated according to ease of use , browser compatibility etc. A chart should be made up with questions and FF can then rate each category of the web site That way Air Canada will see how they are doing.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by traacs
A new Thread needs to be started so that the new web site may be rated according to ease of use , browser compatibility etc. A chart should be made up with questions and FF can then rate each category of the web site That way Air Canada will see how they are doing.
LOL. I thought that after 62 pages and 915 posts, it was pretty clear.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
All my revenue and reward flights tied to my Aeroplan number on a single page please.

Please.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by yvr76
All my revenue and reward flights tied to my Aeroplan number on a single page please.

Please.
All my revenue flights booked on 014 stock with an AC PNR available in one location please? please? instead of having to go all over the place for FP bookings, ac.com bookings and TA bookings.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
On mobile, so I'm not going to multi-quote a bunch of different posts...

Agreed with Peever that we need to make it clear where stuff goes. I suggest this thread be closed and future complaints go in the regular thread.

Trying to use the new website on mobile for the first time. Holy Jesus is it useless! I'm annoyed at having to use it in the first place - I need to cancel two bookings (1 FP, 1 revenue). Neither can be done through the app.

I managed to sign in, but was never able to actually access my bookings because the menu kept snapping back any time I hit My Bookings. Had to access bookings manually through the PNR.

AND SO SLOW! I'm on a Galaxy S7 with the latest Android etc. Everything is lightning fast on this phone. Except the new AC website.

What can go wrong? Clearly, everything.

Also, those commenting about features that could be added etc, believe it or not, I started a thread on just that shortly before AC launched the beta site. A quick phone Googling didn't find it, but I'm sure our resident Master of Search will post the link pretty quick

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 23, 2017 at 6:41 pm
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
.....Also, those commenting aboit features that could be added etc, believe it or not, I started a thread on just that shortly before AC launched the beta site. A quick phone Googling didn't find it, but I'm sure our resident Master of Search will post the link pretty quick

You rang?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...c-website.html

And you started this thread Jan 21, 2016
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
All my revenue flights booked on 014 stock with an AC PNR available in one location please? please? instead of having to go all over the place for FP bookings, ac.com bookings and TA bookings.
Could you imagine a serialized union of all 4 queries? AE, AC, FP, TA? (perhaps AE and TA are the same, so 3)... each one taking 3+ seconds in my experience... The page would take like 10 seconds to render. My phone would probably timeout before then.

The new site isn't worse than the old site in this regard, no?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Can someone explain why is it so difficult for AC to add my booking into my profile when I added my AE number into the booking after payment
(Which is only happening because of AC's garbage IT I wasnt able to log in or input my AE during booking)

And also, mobile friendly my bottom LMAFO. Have these guys tried to use it on their iphones or S7s?

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Jan 23, 2017 at 10:06 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:22 pm

trying to cancel a flight pass booking and

An error has occurred while processing the cancellation of your credit booking. Additional cancellation attempts may result in multiple fee collection. Please contact Air Canada Reservations to complete your cancellation.

You may return to the previous page and your current information by selecting your browser's 'Back' button.

You may require this code if reporting a problem to Website Assistance.
RC=812 component=def

Return to aircanada.com

Last edited by traacs; Jan 24, 2017 at 7:27 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:26 pm
Suspended

I wonder if we need a rating system for these things

We can call them a glitch, a bug, a feature or a benefit.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by 24left

and now cannot even get on

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later or contact Air Canada Reservations.(6000)
AEROPLAN NUMBER
PASSWORD
REMEMBER MY AEROPLAN NUMBER
Need help with your password?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:21 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Also, those commenting about features that could be added etc, believe it or not, I started a thread on just that shortly before AC launched the beta site.
So it's your fault?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:22 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by 24left

I'm fairly certain this one is a hard landing.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Remember back in the day there was the MS Blue Wheel of Doom that would spin and spin or the annoying Apple Rainbow Spinning Pinwheel of Death? Well, Air Canada gives us the red airplane going in circles, and circles, and circles and circles and circles and circles such that I was swearing at my monitor today as I was trying to change a ticket online.

What an exasperating experience. The biz fare ticket I am on requires that the entire ticket be cancelled and that I rebook again even though I just want to add a flight segment. There are 4 segments and I just want to add anothe segment while keeping everything else as is. AC website says I have to cancel everything and rebook those 4 flights at a higher fare class plus pay pay for the additional segment. I understand the paying for the additional segment, but charging me more for the other seats already booked? And all this for the glorious delight of waiting several minutes for each permutation. What a waste of time. Meanwhile over at AF/KLM where I can change my same type of fare flights and just pay the extra cost for the different flight with no wasted time waiting for a spinning red airplane.

2 words to AC: You suck. And to you Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, maybe you should take your IT genius skills and share them with airlines equally as bad as AC like Air China and you can marvel at your awesomeness.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 9:04 pm

This is a good one. I'm trying to price out a YQR-YYZ-YYT-LHR flight mostly just to see what it will come up with for a fare. I have flown to LHR this route before and it was actually lots of fun and there's no risk of missing the YYT-LHR leg. But you'd have to be able to book it first...
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.