Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jaysona
Update: 14-Jan 2016, 00:50

The old website is in the process of being "retired"
Leaving the below here for now for the sake of posterity and reference.
Accessing the "old" website.

At the moment (09-Sep-2016) accessing the old and functional website is still possible.

The procedure to access the old website requires a few steps.

1. Clear all aircanada.com related cookies and browser cache.
2. Go to this URL. https://www.aircanada.com/en/go-beta.html
3. Click on book travel Button at the top left of the screen.

Alternatively for some clicking on one the following links will work for some as well.

https://www.aircanada.com/aco/flights.do or;
https://www.aircanada.com/en/home.ht...ialSignon=true

"A digital transformation underway at Air Canada is reshaping the customer experience in almost every way"
Most of the old website URLs now redirect to the new "beta" website.
Print Wikipost

New Air Canada Website!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: SE MM
I'm struggling with the new site as well. Not an improvement at all.

When booking, is the 'Fares eligible for upgrade' option still available? I just can't see it.
I like it as it provides the option to buy into a higher FLEX fare (to save eupgrades) and also provides a preview of whether you will be upgraded (especially if buying a latitude fare).
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I was looking at the bottom part of the website and under the line "General Conditions of Carriage and Tariffs", I saw this.

Interesting reading.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...vice-plan.html

Attached Images  
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by traacs
Making a booking for 5 people and

The itinerary you selected doesn't allow for searches with more than 4 passengers.

Why not?
Your itinerary includes a flight with another airline:
- Other airlines only provide availability for a maximum of 4 passengers at a time.

Or
The flights in your itinerary are operated by Air Canada, but there are not enough seats available at the same price.

What can I do?
You can view our flight schedule to get an idea of the price.
To do so, start a new search for 4 passengers or less. Please note that the price may be different at time of booking because the number of seats at a given fare is limited.
Modify my search

When you're ready to complete your booking:
Call Air Canada Reservations at the number below. Our agents will be happy to help you find and book your flight.

In Canada and the U.S.: 1-855-831-1435
Other countries Opens in a new window

So if only 4 people are traveling I have many more options to fly to my USA destination PSP with air canada and united, as soon as I put in 5 passengers I only get the Air Canada flights to that destination PSP which means overnight stays in vancouver to take rouge the next day. I have never had this before or is this new? Is this a way for Air Canada to discourage people from flying partner air lines? West Jet will take us there now.
Pretty sure that's not new.

What's new though are airplanes flying infinitely in circles until you give up on booking
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Last spring I tried to book 5 tickets on an itinerary that included an SN codeshare. Couldn't even do it on the phone with an agent. Ended up taking a different route.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Has anyone noticed schedule oddities on website?

Looking at CDG-YYZ in June. Flight has always left around 10:30 or 11 am in summer and 11:30 in winter. YUL flight has always left around 1 pm or 1:30 (seasonal variation). From middle of June onwards, website lists opposite (ie, YYZ departs around 1 pm and YUL at 11 am).

Glitch or real schedule change?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Has anyone noticed schedule oddities on website?

Looking at CDG-YYZ in June. Flight has always left around 10:30 or 11 am in summer and 11:30 in winter. YUL flight has always left around 1 pm or 1:30 (seasonal variation). From middle of June onwards, website lists opposite (ie, YYZ departs around 1 pm and YUL at 11 am).

Glitch or real schedule change?

I haven't looked in a long time, but IIRC, that 77W that completed the YULCDG pairing does it quite a few times back to back until it gets swapped out, spending what seemed to me an inordinate amount of time on the ground.

I think the flight from YYZ used to arrive after the YUL flight but departed before.

I wonder if they may have changed something in the aircraft schedule to allow for a better rotation...
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:00 am

So dumb. Apparently my browser (mozilla android) isn't supported and may experience getzkee speeds.

can't even do late night shopping anyway. When I click a day on the calendar, it switches to that same day but a month later. Jeez.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question issues with new site

I have # issues with the new site:
- takes longer to load;
- the flexible dates icon has disappeared;
- does not allow for 4+ passengers;
- no longer lets me revert to old site.
Did AC say why "exactly" it was upgrading the site?
I also note that other Alliance carriers (e.g. TK) simultaneously introduced similar "Upgrades". Was this a Star Alliance mandate?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Site currently has a warning at the top. Due to technical issue it is not possible to book a flight online or with our call center. Check in online and other features may also not be fully functional.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by vernonc
Site currently has a warning at the top. Due to technical issue it is not possible to book a flight online or with our call center. Check in online and other features may also not be fully functional.
Just when you thought the level of incompetence on display could not increase, AC manages to take their entire direct sales channel out of commission. Brilliant.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
Just when you thought the level of incompetence on display could not increase, AC manages to take their entire direct sales channel out of commission. Brilliant.
I was told in Vancouver that Air Canada system was down across the country. They were unable to check passengers in at the airport etc. Checked in on line and waiting in MLL for flight to calgary. The board does not show delays so maybe up and running now
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Same pig, just lots of new lipstick and a new dress. ;)

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I have # issues with the new site:
- takes longer to load;
- the flexible dates icon has disappeared;
- does not allow for 4+ passengers;
- no longer lets me revert to old site.
Did AC say why "exactly" it was upgrading the site?
I also note that other Alliance carriers (e.g. TK) simultaneously introduced similar "Upgrades". Was this a Star Alliance mandate?
After some digging around it seems that not much of the backed has changed. This means that any enterprising individuals that happened to save to old website locally can still use most of those web pages to book flights.

Just sayin'.....

Last edited by jaysona; Jan 19, 2017 at 5:05 pm Reason: Spelling correction
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Exciting news, the "new" website is an "Offer" on AC.com.

Attached Images   
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Still have periodic issues logging in with Chrome, where I just get the spinning flight indefinitely. Not sure why they can't just keep you logged in if you click "remember my Aeroplan".

Anyway, clearing cookings for just 'aircanada' resolves the login issues:
chrome://settings/cookies
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yvr76
Still have periodic issues logging in with Chrome, where I just get the spinning flight indefinitely. Not sure why they can't just keep you logged in if you click "remember my Aeroplan".

Anyway, clearing cookings for just 'aircanada' resolves the login issues:
chrome://settings/cookies
As I've said before, I just use incognito whenever I need to use AC. Solves all those problems

On another matter, the new site's customer relations form does not support Chrome autofill.

I am not typing my email, email, name, address, and phone number manually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.