Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:12 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I was interacting with a YYT lounge agent last week about a likely misconnect. A gentleman comes through the door and says that he has a "quick question".

He wants to guest in his entire party of 9 pax into the MLL. Agent says No. Gentleman says the he "read somewhere" that his Visa Infinite Privilege card gives him the ability to have up to 8 guests in the MLL. Agent again says No.

He's clearly not happy and pushes the point, again. Agent finally asks if they are all on the same "reservation". He says that he paid for tix but that his family members booked their own flights. So, she says No again, and says that they all have to be on the same PNR to guest in 8 pax.

He goes away unhappy.

Truly, his was incorrect. But her explanation was wrong too.

I kept my mouth shut since I clearly do not work at the airport.

(A pox on CC lounge access.)
This is why the MLLs have become like zoos
Symmetre likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:11 pm

I had a good one with the AE call center a few days ago.

Needed to book a DEL-YEG one way and was getting the usual nonsense options from the web search. I look through various connection points and build an itinerary that will work and likely price around half what's showing online.

Called in, got through to an agent and walked him through what I wanted to do.
"I can't do that"
"Sorry, what can't you do"
"I can't construct any itineraries. I can only book whatever comes up when I search DEL-YEG, it's the same as what you see online"
"I'm sure that you can, that's how I've booked my last 5 flights"
"No, we're not allowed to do that"
"Right, please transfer me back to the call queue"

Next agent took forever to do it but got it done. The AE agents have been a disaster lately with pricing itineraries. With the few good ones, I'll give them an itinerary and they'll have a price for me two minutes later. With the rest, they spend hours with the ticketing department and have to call me back. Is it too much to ask that they're trained on their own system? If all the call center could book is what's available online, why would anyone ever call them to book and pay the extortion fee?
HermantheHermit likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
There is a uniformed Spirit Airlines pilot aboard this 220 out of YUL (to DEN) arguing with the AC SD about his comically oversized crew bag not fitting in the overhead.
expert7700, C-FMWQ, D582 and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by RangerNS
There is a uniformed Spirit Airlines pilot aboard this 220 out of YUL (to DEN) arguing with the AC SD about his comically oversized crew bag not fitting in the overhead.
I'm sure the SD knows the starboard side bins are bigger than the port side ones on the 220. Does the Spirit pilot though? Or is it just that oversized? :-)
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I was interacting with a YYT lounge agent last week about a likely misconnect. A gentleman comes through the door and says that he has a "quick question".

He wants to guest in his entire party of 9 pax into the MLL. Agent says No. Gentleman says the he "read somewhere" that his Visa Infinite Privilege card gives him the ability to have up to 8 guests in the MLL. Agent again says No.

He's clearly not happy and pushes the point, again. Agent finally asks if they are all on the same "reservation". He says that he paid for tix but that his family members booked their own flights. So, she says No again, and says that they all have to be on the same PNR to guest in 8 pax.

He goes away unhappy.

Truly, his was incorrect. But her explanation was wrong too.

I kept my mouth shut since I clearly do not work at the airport.

(A pox on CC lounge access.)
The worst people always start with openings like "quick question"
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I'm sure the SD knows the starboard side bins are bigger than the port side ones on the 220. Does the Spirit pilot though? Or is it just that oversized? :-)
NK has a grand total of three aircraft types so its pilots may be excused for not being familiar with a BCS.
TheViperOne likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Johnny199r
The worst people always start with openings like "quick question"
He did get a relatively quick answer.

Certainly not satisfying, and inaccurate in detail, but quick.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Rebooking on Westjet (IRROPS)

Agent at Nanaimo airport says she cannot rebook us on the only option out on Westjet after AC flight cancelled due to mechanical. I said that I am sure it’s possible and agent said that she cannot and only the rebooking line can. Called the rebooking line to be told in front of the agent that ONLY the airport can rebook onto WS in IRROPS. I asked that she call her help desk as she was getting error codes. Finally she did and we got rebooked. Should not be this hard!!
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Agent at Nanaimo airport says she cannot rebook us on the only option out on Westjet after AC flight cancelled due to mechanical. I said that I am sure it’s possible and agent said that she cannot and only the rebooking line can. Called the rebooking line to be told in front of the agent that ONLY the airport can rebook onto WS in IRROPS. I asked that she call her help desk as she was getting error codes. Finally she did and we got rebooked. Should not be this hard!!
As the author of this thread, I'm actually kinda sympathetic with the agents here.

Rebooking on an airline you don't have an interline agreement is as close to impossible as it gets.

My expectation, as a seasoned AC flyer, is that WS is just not worth mentioning in IRROPS. I'm more surprised that you got it done at all than that you had any initial pushback.
monkai and YOWgary like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I was very nice, not angry but did insist she call her help desk as it is possible to do as they have a protection agreement with Westjet. In this case it was WS or nothing Sunday and Monday was not necessarily going to be easy to rebook on the YVR-YEG segment.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
As the author of this thread, I'm actually kinda sympathetic with the agents here.

Rebooking on an airline you don't have an interline agreement is as close to impossible as it gets.

My expectation, as a seasoned AC flyer, is that WS is just not worth mentioning in IRROPS. I'm more surprised that you got it done at all than that you had any initial pushback.
Having gone through something similar, I'm sympathetic to the plight of the agents but not AC. The APPR states if your carrier can't get you to your destination within 9h of the original arrival, airlines must rebook on any airline, regardless of whether they have an interline agreement or not. It's not my problem that they don't have an agreement.
Symmetre and flyingcrooked like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
But it's not necessarily their problem either. There are airlines in this world (and continent) that simply refuse.
Old May 1, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: AC SE
Just boarded 1721 YYZ-PHX
According to the GA during boarding
“have to have your passport when traveling with nexus and that by not having it will cause me problems”
Old May 1, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: AC 75K
Not sure the best thread to put this one.

Had a very lengthy discussion with an Aeroplan rep & supervisor who were both adamant that awards that are 100% partner airlines are dynamically priced and that the mileage quoted in the chart is just the starting point.
Old May 1, 2023, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Not sure the best thread to put this one.

Had a very lengthy discussion with an Aeroplan rep & supervisor who were both adamant that awards that are 100% partner airlines are dynamically priced and that the mileage quoted in the chart is just the starting point.
I think Emirates is dynamically priced now so not entirely wrong….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.