Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Update: B&O headphone

Went to the FedEx office today to pick up the package. Was surprised to see how large the box was. Got home and unpacked them. Lo and behold, they had "upgraded" me to the H6 (over the ear version, looks to sell on Amazon for 450-500) with a nice note that this was in recognition of the delay. I'm impressed and BMW may have secured a new customer when I am on the market in the spring.

Funnily enough, I almost declined the limo ride from AC in August, as my wife was on the same flight as me to YYZ and continuing on to YVR. I had planned to accompany her to her gate before going to International departures, but when the concierge met us on deplaning, Mrs. Livyer insisted I take the ride. I guess she'll be getting extensive use of the new headphones.

Originally Posted by Livyer
I took the test drive on September 22. The earphones were sent by FedEx yesterday (but I wasn't home to pick them up and now have to got to the FedEx office on Monday). The action happened after I emailed the BMW Canada customer service address last week.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: AC SE100k, MT Ambassador, HH Diamond, Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Emerald Club
BMW chauffeur service

Saw a few air canada logod BMW 7 series with chauffeur service on the side.

Who are these cars for?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:23 am
alc

Originally Posted by Aker
Saw a few air canada logod BMW 7 series with chauffeur service on the side.

Who are these cars for?
My guess is they are those BMW that FT members talk about at the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rvice-yyz.html

I still wonder how can I get on one of these, especially if I am traveling with my family, just so I can say "see what Daddy be able to pull off for you"
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
...wonder if I should post photos of my recent "ride" from the LH FCT FRA to my 380.....nah

(yup, still waiting for the day when I am worthy of the AC BMW)
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: SE100K, AEROPLAN 3MM, QANTAS CC, AMEX BLACK, FAIRMONT PLATINUM
To clear up any confusion as there seems to be some

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Currently at YYZ int'l lounge and ran into another FTer, B24H. He just flew from YXU-YYZ and was picked up in a BMW to be brought to the int'l lounge (on his way to LHR I believe). He is a MM and SE. I did a quick search and could not find any mention of this service. B24H thought it started on Apr 1. Guess that's a first step to being the premium airline that AC aspires to be.
I pass through YYZ on way to South America quite often and get offered this service about half the time. It isn't a huge perk as the transfer walk isn't bad (no further security etc) but the chocolate in the little room in the domestic area is nice. The car is a 7 series and trunk is huge for anyone worried about carry on. Wisk up from car to lounge and then flight.

It is not something that is to put on a bucket list for anyone wondering but isn't horrible either.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Can someone take a picture of the seats so that I can post it on my cubicle wall and desktop wallpaper? Please and thank you!

Oh... Please make sure you capture the grainy texture of the seat material. I want to live in the moment! Woot!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Can someone take a picture of the seats so that I can post it on my cubicle wall and desktop wallpaper? Please and thank you!

Oh... Please make sure you capture the grainy texture of the seat material. I want to live in the moment! Woot!
Why not just to go your local BMW dealership and ask to take a 750 out for a test drive? I'm sure if you flash your AC SE100K and 2MM cards, they will bow down to you.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver
Why not just to go your local BMW dealership and ask to take a 750 out for a test drive? I'm sure if you flash your AC SE100K and 2MM cards, they will bow down to you.
Million millur?!?!?!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Million millur?!?!?!
More like Meeleonne Mylurre!!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
the ride is so short, I chuckled when I got out. ( but I did take lots of pictures and sent to friends.)

But, really is this all AC can come up with?
Seems like a colossal waste of effort/money.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flybit
Seems like a colossal waste of effort/money.
Ah, but who's paying for it?

You'd be surprised.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Can someone take a picture of the seats so that I can post it on my cubicle wall and desktop wallpaper? Please and thank you.
You have a cubicle?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow

You'd be surprised.
Do tell.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow

You'd be surprised.
BMW has been figured prominently in alongside AC for years. I'd be very surprised if the limo isn't funded by BMW's marketing organization.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bimmerdriver
Chances are you ride in a BMW more than he does and he will just have to accept that fact

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.