Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyquiet
[Hey everybody, say it with me:]

They were busy taking care of other SEs.
I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

(I knew it)
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:24 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What was your source of this?

If you look through this thread, what you state is not necessarily in line with those who received it.

As a 2MM I had a paid J cabin fare domestic -> International at YYZ and I never got a ride...
What the Conceirge told me ....guess it is a lottery. Your number has just not come up yet. Frankly it is nice but nothing to get bent out of shape over.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
I had the ride in December and it was wonderful, but frankly I had more time to make the flight than I needed. Great service. No sales talk either.

This is only made available to top tier members traveling on a paid buz fare, mine was a z or p fare.
The anecdotes in this thread would contradict that completely. There have been people with no status transported by limo, and people on upgrades.

I was told it was for VIPs, and if there are no VIPs, they'll give other people rides, time permitting.

No mention of fare classes or SEs.

And no one has given an example that contradicts that
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The anecdotes in this thread would contradict that completely. There have been people with no status transported by limo, and people on upgrades.

I was told it was for VIPs, and if there are no VIPs, they'll give other people rides, time permitting.

No mention of fare classes or SEs.

And no one has given an example that contradicts that
+1
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
FWIW, I have no status at all and was given the service on my yow-yyz-pek J award ticket.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by tryinginvain
FWIW, I have no status at all and was given the service on my yow-yyz-pek J award ticket.
SE MMs will rip AC apart after hearing this lmao.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by tryinginvain
Next will be a Tango fare with a 6 hour connection.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dorian
Yep. But not for the 50 million miler yearly $100,000 AQD S100K on a full J fare.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Dorian
Yep. But not for the 50 million miler S100K on a full J fare.
YEP. Didn't take long LOL

What kind of potentate is a SE MM?
Powerful, pitiless and armed to the teeth. He/She's a kind of king/queen the world has never known before. His/Her realm is raw capital, his/her conquests emerging markets, his/her prayers profits, his/her borders limitless, his/her weapons nuclear. To even try and imagine an SE, is to hold the whole in your field of vision, is to situate yourself at the very edge of sanity, to offer yourself up for ridicule.SE was courted and fawned over by the genuflecting representatives of this ancient civilisation with a fervour that can only be described as indecent. Whole cities were superficially spruced up. Thepoor were herded away, hidden from the presidential gaze. Streets were soaped and scrubbed and festooned with balloons and welcome banners.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Yep. But not for the 50 million miler yearly $100,000 AQD S100K on a full J fare.
Yup, maybe we should have a wiki with a list of all SEs/ J tix purchasers who have never been invited into that Bimmer.

I'm happy tryinginvain - s/he of no status and on an award ticket got the ride.

Maybe I'll get one when I no longer have status and fly on an award ticket.

OMG, you're awake. Falling down laughing

Originally Posted by Jack Jia
YEP. Didn't take long LOL

Powerful, pitiless and armed to the teeth. He/She's a kind of king/queen the world has never known before. His/Her realm is raw capital, his/her conquests emerging markets, his/her prayers profits, his/her borders limitless, his/her weapons nuclear. To even try and imagine an SE, is to hold the whole in your field of vision, is to situate yourself at the very edge of sanity, to offer yourself up for ridicule.SE was courted and fawned over by the genuflecting representatives of this ancient civilisation with a fervour that can only be described as indecent. Whole cities were superficially spruced up. Thepoor were herded away, hidden from the presidential gaze. Streets were soaped and scrubbed and festooned with balloons and welcome banners.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Yup, maybe we should have a wiki with a list of all SEs/ J tix purchasers who have never been invited into that Bimmer.

I'm happy tryinginvain - s/he of no status and on an award ticket got the ride.

Maybe I'll get one when I no longer have status and fly on an award ticket.

OMG, you're awake. Falling down laughing
Its 8:24PM PST, for an UNI student 1AM is considered to be "early"
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:28 pm
Suspended

I wasn't referring to the clock.

I was referring to your energetic prose and writing style.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
I wasn't referring to the clock.

I was referring to your energetic prose and writing style.
Was studying for my upcoming ECON midterm, came across the poem of Rumpelstiltskin and its relation to globalization in 21st century, decided to edit it slightly(inputted a few words here and there) for the enjoyment of others.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
Suspended

And for a Montrealer, 1am is the start of the evening.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC S100K
I see there's hope for higher education yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.