Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:25 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by acysb87
I would rather AC take the time and provide "chilled Drappier" ,cleaner pods, more and better wine selection. A limo ride is 5 minutes or less. My flight is 8 hours
^ Could not agree more.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
....they go down the list and offer it to us plebeian SEs.
It would cheapen the product. Just saying.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by jsfrSE
^ Could not agree more.
This initiative, while likely fun for the first few times, is more of a marketing initiative than anything having to do with real customer service.

Just wait for the ads.

Average folk will think they're buying Tango fares and getting a limo ride. LOL.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Five people on my YOW-YYZ flight making tightish international connections.

Seems like a reasonable use for a "limo".

But nope
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
This initiative, while likely fun for the first few times, is more of a marketing initiative than anything having to do with real customer service.

Just wait for the ads.

Average folk will think they're buying Tango fares and getting a limo ride. LOL.
As the government is likely to be replaced in November, want to bet that the service is being lavished on any MP that flies through YYZ, regardless of party? Can't have enough friends in high places.

Having said that, acysb87's point wins the thread. Nothing else needs to be said, really.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
YVR-YYZ-EZE July 7, 2015.

Concierge waiting at gate with my last name on ipad. Arriving from ac 1136 connecting to ac 92. Really nice touch, albeit it was raining outside.

Was told only 5 cars so far and service is afternoon. And it is random. Too many SEs in J to get this service all the time.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by acysb87
You worry about a limo ride to gate? I could not care less. Headed to MUC soon and will pass on limo ride if offered

I would rather AC take the time and provide "chilled Drappier" ,cleaner pods, more and better wine selection. A limo ride is 5 minutes or less. My flight is 8 hours
And then complain if the whole bottle is not personalized
Other than that I agree.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hello again
And then complain if the whole bottle is not personalized
Other than that I agree.
On a YYZ/MUC flight next week. J cabin looks wide open. I would think the service will be very personalized
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I had no idea AC was running this program since I'm not an AC elite (US based UA 1K). However, I've been flying AC a ton lately as UA just doesn't have the schedule I need for where I'm going. I'm in the middle of my 8th international trip on AC for this year -- all paid "J".

This trip is SEA-YVR-YYZ-South America and I was shocked when I walked off the plane in YYZ and a concierge holding an iPad with my name on it was standing there. She walked with me to the bowels of YYZ, I got in a BMW 750 and got driven to the E gates and brought to the lounge as I still had 2 hours before boarding my flight to South America. When we entered the lounge I went fishing for my BP to show the agent and the concierge said not to worry, that she would take care of it and to go find a seat and she'd come find me. I gave a quick thanks and off I went. I never saw the concierge again. I don't know if she meant she would come find me right away or come find me when it was time to board my plane. I waited until the last possible minute for the concierge to come back and she never did so I wasn't able to give her a proper thanks. I was one of the last to board my flight to South America.

A few notes:
1. She told me this is for YYZ only. Of the 8 trips so far this is the only one I've connected in YYZ on. All the others touched YVR only. On my way home next week I go via YYZ again so we'll see if I get the concierge service.
2. This ticket is only on "P" and "Z" class. I normally get discounted business as I buy early enough. I don't think AC tracks my travel on them since I'm a United elite? I wonder if they do. Otherwise, I was a totally random pick for the service.
3. I don't get the point of concierge service unless I'm running very late. I have no problem walking through an airport and the time it takes to get through the bowels, into the car, to the other side, out of the car and to the lounge is probably just the same as me walking it. Still, a nice touch and I don't knock that.
4. There were quite a few FIFA officials on my flight who originated YVR after the US Women won the world cup the day before. Several of them were in "J" and going to the same S.A. destination as me. Not sure why I got picked over them.

Just my observation. She did confirm there are still only 2 BMWs in the fleet at the moment. Go to FRA where LH has a ton of BMWs for this service and I have flown full "J" class on them and still have never gotten the service.

-RM
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Go to FRA where LH has a ton of BMWs for this service and I have flown full "J" class on them and still have never gotten the service.

-RM
And you probably never will since LH only offers the service to F pax and HONs (and usually only if either your arrival gate or departure gate are a bus gate; and of course if you're using the FCT).
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI

4. There were quite a few FIFA officials on my flight who originated YVR after the US Women won the world cup the day before. Several of them were in "J" and going to the same S.A. destination as me. Not sure why I got picked over them.
They'll probably end up in jail next. Maybe that's why?

Anyway, sounds like you were going to Brazil... Some of the Brazilians may end up in jail there too. hopefully in particular those of them who previously got away with murders committed during the military regime.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: EB Silver, Finnair silver, BA, Flying blue
Limo to lounge surprise

Wow, with a tight transfer made worse by a slight mechanical issue before leaving Halifax for Toronto I was researching my route to gate as soon as we got the info, however was met on arrival by a nice lady with an even nicer surprise: a BMW limo to directly below the appropriate lounge where I managed a soup and glass of wine :-D :-D
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This sounds like AC is copying LH, DL, and UA with the luxury vehicle transfer across the tarmac for HVCs. Do you have *A status? Business class (or other expensive) ticket?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:04 pm
alc

Yes, it is indeed a very nice feature.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 5, 2015 at 8:42 pm Reason: housekeeping after thread merge
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This sounds like AC is copying LH, DL, and UA with the luxury vehicle transfer across the tarmac for HVCs. Do you have *A status? Business class (or other expensive) ticket?
It's intended for AC*VIP, but they won't let the cars sit around doing nothing as long as there are people making domestic to international connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.