Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by montrealer
Anyone else experienced this yet?

As usual, got off in YYZ from YOW, ready to schlep over to the intl gates. Found a (fairly new) concierge waiting for me with a sign with my name on it, that as a SE MM was "randomly selected" for a new valet car service dom-intl. Got driven in a car on the tarmac straight to the Intl MLL lounge, skipping the long walk, the doorways, and the various ticket checks en route. Took about 5 mins total.

Concierge said they would be ramping it up over time, and that SE (or maybe SE MMs, not sure) would be "randomly selected" for it, i.e. sometimes one might find a concierge waiting for you to make it happen, but not something you can ask for.

Seems to be taking a page out of Lufthansa's book. Vaguely pleasant, and saved a bit of time. However to be worthwhile or affect my loyalty would have to become regular and fairly dependable, or at least available on demand when one has a tight connection.

Nevertheless an indication that AC is experimenting with various things to make SEs feel special.
LH only does it for HON/F when the aircraft is not at a gate position and everyone else piles onto a bus. Very different here.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:30 pm
Original Member

I don't want a limo to take me to the plane.

I want the limo to bring the plane to me.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KenHamer
I don't want a limo to take me to the plane.

I want the limo to bring the plane to me.
let me know when your next light is and I will see what I can do.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Very nice. Just walked off a flight from YVR en route to Havana. The SE and his wife walking out just in front of my wife and I were selected for BMW service to the International terminal and we were left to walk! I'm SEMM. Strange that they would choose one SE from a particular flight over another.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by ac/elite
Very nice. Just walked off a flight from YVR en route to Havana. The SE and his wife walking out just in front of my wife and I were selected for BMW service to the International terminal and we were left to walk! I'm SEMM. Strange that they would choose one SE from a particular flight over another.
Might they have been going somewhere more expensive than Cuba?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: aeroplan
SEMM 4 out of 6 trips through YYZ got limo service.
Last time had called in to conc line to get buggy for wife who had recently had foot op and wasn't mobile. Sat 6pm.
Came off Jazz and there was Conc with Ipad ! she said they thought it would be nice for wife rather than buggy.
There was SE behind who wasn't impressed.
Conc said they have 4 BMW 750 and during week at busy times the chances of getting it are much less than when quiet,
Next trip no limo wife was disappointed :-)
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Might they have been going somewhere more expensive than Cuba?
Turns out they were on my flight to Havana!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by ac/elite
Turns out they were on my flight to Havana!
Well I guess they had to pick someone. Unless they get more cars and people, it's never going to be for every SE.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Limo service YYZ

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well I guess they had to pick someone. Unless they get more cars and people, it's never going to be for every SE.
Experienced the limo service today, nice treat, beats the long walk to international MLL
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by traacs
Experienced the limo service today, nice treat, beats the long walk to international MLL
Must be nice.

AC hates me.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
SE MM flying in paid J last few trips...never had the ride
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Wings100
SE MM flying in paid J last few trips...never had the ride
Ok, I feel better now.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:00 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I had the ride in December and it was wonderful, but frankly I had more time to make the flight than I needed. Great service. No sales talk either.

This is only made available to top tier members traveling on a paid buz fare, mine was a z or p fare.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
This is only made available to top tier members traveling on a paid buz fare, mine was a z or p fare.
What was your source of this?

If you look through this thread, what you state is not necessarily in line with those who received it.

As a 2MM I had a paid J cabin fare domestic -> International at YYZ and I never got a ride...
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What was your source of this?

If you look through this thread, what you state is not necessarily in line with those who received it.

As a 2MM I had a paid J cabin fare domestic -> International at YYZ and I never got a ride...
[Hey everybody, say it with me:]

They were busy taking care of other SEs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.