Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K 1MM
SE 100K Priority Rewards

Just logged onto Altitude and noticed that my 10 priority SE 100K priority rewards did not reset. I was under the impression that they would reset to 10 after Feb 28. Does anyone know what the policy on the priority rewards are?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 11:45 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Calendar year for priority rewards, not Altitude benefits year. Stupid, yes.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Calendar year for priority rewards, not Altitude benefits year. Stupid, yes.
Not quite. Mine reset when I selected my benefits in early December.

I was down to 8 by mid December, and I'm still at 8.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC 2MM, ALT 75 k
same with me no reset

i have the same experience as cow - down to 8 at end of last year, still 8!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.2639 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Oddly enough, they were warning me about the 10 limit t the end of Feb (which didn't matter as I lost status). The whole split of some things being calendar year vs status year is a pain.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.2639 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Oddly enough, they were warning me about the 10 limit t the end of Feb (which didn't matter as I lost status). The whole split of some things being calendar year vs status year is a pain.
And this is neither.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I am also at 8 left. However the ironic part being, that is probably the most number of priority rewards I have ever used in a year.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
10 Priority AE Bookings

I can't seem to find this detail anywhere... the '?' on the website only says the following "Priority Rewards are limited to ten (10) reservations per Altitude member."

Is it:
- 10 Bookings per calendar year
- 10 Bookings per status year (Mar 1 - Feb 28)
- 10 Bookings for that specific calendar year (i.e. you can have 10 priority bookings for 2016, regardless of if they were booked in '15 or '16)
- 10 Bookings for that specific status year

Basically trying to answer:
- If I book a trip for '17 today, does it count towards my 10 Priority Awards or no.
- On January 1, do I get 10 more bookings?

Already used 5, but they were all in '16 for flights in '16, so trying to figure out how to optimize.

Thanks,

T.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:45 am

All that matters is when you make the booking. If you book it today, your counter for 2016 decrements.

My counter reset last year the day I selected my privileges, and the site says it resets "in December" (the exact phrasing is in a recent post I believe).
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC -SE, SPG-PLT, HH-G, Natl XcElite
10 Limit of IKK seems to be achilles heel on whether SE has any value

It's practically April, but I have only been flying for one month in 2016 and I have just 6 IKK left. (I use them to fly my spouse to accompany my revenue trips).

Assuming I burn 2 of these priority rewards per month, I will run out by.... July.... Then my status and aeroplan miles are no better than any other lower rev customer for the rest of the year??

I e-upgraded my last HKG - YYZ one way, so I have 52 credits left, good for 2 more tpac upgrades....

2016... Where's the "super" in SE????
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
The question really is whether or not you will be SE100K in 2017. Will you? After how you feel you've been treated, will you continue to show the loyalty required?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:40 pm

I was just wondering, is it possible for someone to earn status twice with 2 different Aeroplan memberships? I mean, if you make SE100k in the first, say, 6 months of a year, would it not make sense to work on a second SE100k membership and essentially double your IKK?

Anyone ever worked out the numbers to determine whether it was better to do that, instead of taking threshold bonuses and gifts?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:45 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Use some"non" priority rewards for your spouse.
Personally, I think 10 is fair
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pitz
I was just wondering, is it possible for someone to earn status twice with 2 different Aeroplan memberships? I mean, if you make SE100k in the first, say, 6 months of a year, would it not make sense to work on a second SE100k membership and essentially double your IKK?

Anyone ever worked out the numbers to determine whether it was better to do that, instead of taking threshold bonuses and gifts?
Post of the year. Holy jeez, this never even crossed my mind!!!
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DistressedAssetInvestor
It's practically April, but I have only been flying for one month in 2016 and I have just 6 IKK left. (I use them to fly my spouse to accompany my revenue trips).

Assuming I burn 2 of these priority rewards per month, I will run out by.... July.... Then my status and aeroplan miles are no better than any other lower rev customer for the rest of the year??

I e-upgraded my last HKG - YYZ one way, so I have 52 credits left, good for 2 more tpac upgrades....
Seems to me the numbers don't add up? Only been flying for one month, spouse accompanying, two trips per month should mean only two IKKs should have been used?

Further, if you spouse flies 12 times/year on Aeroplan miles, either you accumulate lots of miles, or her flights take relatively few miles? The former case might make sense admittedly.

I do more or less the same, but I never accumulate enough miles to cover all of my wife's trips. She typically flies three to four times a year overseas, in front, either Aeroplan or when I run out of miles, revenue, upgraded or paid P/Z. Plus typically a couple of NA trips. Something like 150 k miles for Asia, 3 times 95 k to Europe, and 100k NA. Adds up to 535 k miles/year. I never accumulate much more than 400k so typically one overseas trip will need to be revenue.

But anyway, even if occasionally booking two one way, I have never used anywhere near 10 IKKs per year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.