Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have Lifetime Gold with AC. Will I have the 10 Priority Rewards benefit from 1 March 2017?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Hit another issue.

Booked YYZ-ORD-NRT in J/F, without using IKK.
Booked NRT-ORD-YYZ in J/J (no F available), but I needed IKK for ORD-YYZ.

Well now I can get NRT-IAH-YYZ in F/J, but the AC flight needs IKK.

So I can pay $90 and reduce my counter by 1 to change the flight. Or I can cancel the return for $180 (change 22 days out then cancel), and pay another $90 to change the outbound to a round trip, but not use the IKK.

Given that I'm already down to 8, I'm not eager to reduce it to 7.

But I'm also not eager to spend $270 to avoid reducing it.

Oh and it's for two, so double all those numbers.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
About the number of priority rewards, I don't think so?

(At least if my memory is correct.)
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
About the number of priority rewards, I don't think so?

(At least if my memory is correct.)
Sorry, I meant the dollar figures
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Hit another issue.

Booked YYZ-ORD-NRT in J/F, without using IKK.
Booked NRT-ORD-YYZ in J/J (no F available), but I needed IKK for ORD-YYZ.

Well now I can get NRT-IAH-YYZ in F/J, but the AC flight needs IKK.

So I can pay $90 and reduce my counter by 1 to change the flight. Or I can cancel the return for $180 (change 22 days out then cancel), and pay another $90 to change the outbound to a round trip, but not use the IKK.

Given that I'm already down to 8, I'm not eager to reduce it to 7.

But I'm also not eager to spend $270 to avoid reducing it.

Why does it matter? Isn't this counter going to reset either January 1 or March 1, 2016?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by yvr76
Why does it matter? Isn't this counter going to reset either January 1 or March 1, 2016?
No, it seems to reset when you select your privileges.

Which I've already done.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
No, it seems to reset when you select your privileges.

Which I've already done.
Ugh. So:

- Altitude benefits kick in March 1
- Flight Pass activities (Select bundle 3) privileges are calendar year
- Aeroplan mile bonuses (Select bundle 1) are calendar year
- Priority rewards are when you select your privileges (December-ish)
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
So has anyone seen it reset?

Has anyone yet seen confirmation one way or another if the counter does actually reset when you select your privileges? Have not selected (and have not been offered to select, crossed late in the game) and curious if I can squeeze one in to last years count.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: Irrelevant
2016 counter reset yet?

Does anyone have any insight as to when the counter is supposed to reset?

I booked a few last minute flights in late 2015 figuring the counter would reset around Jan 1 2016. The reset didn't happen, so I figured the reset would happen around Mar. 1st 2016. With the Mar 1st date in mind I booked a few more last minute trips last week for travel later this month. Still no reset, and now I'm down to two remaining priority rewards.

I wish there was more clarity as to when the reset is supposed to happen, I would have planned who I give my rewards to a little better.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by jaysona

I booked a few last minute flights in late 2015 figuring the counter would reset around Jan 1 2016. The reset didn't happen, so I figured the reset would happen around Mar. 1st 2016. With the Mar 1st date in mind I booked a few more last minute trips last week for travel later this month. Still no reset, and now I'm down to two remaining priority rewards.

I wish there was more clarity as to when the reset is supposed to happen, I would have planned who I give my rewards to a little better.
Mine reset as soon as I selected my 2016 benefits. Perhaps you selected benefits in early December, got the reset, and had your 'late 2015' bookings count against your 2016 allotment?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
So I had to book a priority reward for my wife. I could not find a way to add family members and I can only book priority on-line if I am one of the pax. So AE charged me $30 to call and book. Is this $30 fee correct ? I do not care at this point just curious.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:16 pm

It resets when you select your privileges, as was mentioned three posts above yours.

Edit: The official phrasing is "it will be reset during our annual requalification activities beginning in December 2016, and when your status is updated for the 2017 benefit period." But mine was literally when I choose my privileges.

Last edited by canadiancow; Mar 4, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur

Mine reset as soon as I selected my 2016 benefits. Perhaps you selected benefits in early December, got the reset, and had your 'late 2015' bookings count against your 2016 allotment?
I booked the first set of priority rewards in late November/early December, which was before I selected my 2016 benefits. I selected my 2016 benefits on Dec 30th.

I guess I'll be calling in on this issue. :-/
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Why on Earth didn't AC adopt a March 1 reset date, with anyone who goes up a status level within a year getting the new maximum immediately but without the year to date being reset? This isn't like e-upgrade credits which post once you have made your selection because you LOSE last years extra capacity as soon as your counter resets whereas old e-upgrades are available until year end.

Edit: Better yet, AC should have carried over "old" capacity until the end of the benefit year while still allowing you to dip into next years capacity once you have requalified. No one would be complaining about the system mechanics.

SG
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Why on Earth didn't AC adopt a March 1 reset date, with anyone who goes up a status level within a year getting the new maximum immediately but without the year to date being reset? This isn't like e-upgrade credits which post once you have made your selection because you LOSE last years extra capacity as soon as your counter resets whereas old e-upgrades are available until year end.

Edit: Better yet, AC should have carried over "old" capacity until the end of the benefit year while still allowing you to dip into next years capacity once you have requalified. No one would be complaining about the system mechanics.

SG
That would require them to just copy the eUpgrade implementation with grants and expiry dates.

Why on earth would they do that when they could write an entirely new system to do things in a worse way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.