Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sulfur
10 reservations is plenty for the average Joe like me who doesn't have millions of miles or a ton of vacation days.
Unless you typically book one way flights and live far from home. Then it's quite low.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: down to Zone 5
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Unless you typically book one way flights and live far from home. Then it's quite low.
LOL yeah but that's not an average Joe in my books...
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by adam.smith
It has gotten ridiculously hard to get regular Aeroplan rewards unless you're booking a very long way out, meaning that the priority rewards are actually a useful benefit. I'm sure it's true that the cut to a yearly max of 10 didn't affect a lot of people, but it substantially diminishes our ability to max use of all those bloody Aeroplan miles we accumulate.
Even though agree with general challenge A.S. raises for use of AE points, really depends on the route and timing.

My spouse has no status whatsoever, but she booked AE for my daughter YUL-YVR on Nov 21 for travel yesterday Dec 9. I noticed when I went to book on my account that non-priority awards were available for the non-stop, so had spouse book flight instead and worked just fine.

Hit and miss I suppose, but yes J even with IKK is challenging as I'm finding for our Spring Break trip to South America
Old Dec 10, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've used 2, but my counter shows 10. Also, is this counter reset on January 1st, or March 1st. i.e. is it benefit year or calendar year?

I wonder if their tracker is smart enough to restore canceled tickets.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
I've used 2, but my counter shows 10. Also, is this counter reset on January 1st, or March 1st. i.e. is it benefit year or calendar year?

I wonder if their tracker is smart enough to restore canceled tickets.
I'm more worried about when I book SFO-YYZ-CPH in AC J then switch to SFO-MUC in LH F and MUC-CPH in SK Y+.

It was a priority booking, but now has no AC segments.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
Priority Rewards Countdown

Just booked one this evening. Right after I refreshed the screen it went to 9 from 10. When does this reset?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by IC Expert
Just booked one this evening. Right after I refreshed the screen it went to 9 from 10. When does this reset?
My dashboard says that 10 priority awards are available. So I too am wondering the same thing - does the 12 months start from when one used the first priority award, or does it start/re-set from the beginning of the calendar year (?2016), or does it start/re-set at the beginning of the benefit year (from Mar 1, 2016).
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My dashboard says that 10 priority awards are available. So I too am wondering the same thing - does the 12 months start from when one used the first priority award, or does it start/re-set from the beginning of the calendar year (?2016), or does it start/re-set at the beginning of the benefit year (from Mar 1, 2016).
In the event that Aeroplan® Fixed Mileage Flight RewardsTM seats are completely booked, Priority Rewards offer eligible Altitude members access to additional seats on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge. As announced in October 2014, Priority Rewards will be limited to a total of ten (10) reservations per eligible Altitude member, per year. The Priority Rewards tracker will be in place in the coming weeks.

How it will work

The number of Priority Rewards available to you will be reset every time your Altitude status changes. For instance, if you are an Elite 50K member in 2016 and have completed 5 Priority Rewards, and you then reach Elite 75K through Early Recognition, the number of Priority Rewards available to you will be reset to ten (10), once your status is updated. Alternatively, if your Altitude status does not change throughout the year, your counter will not change either – it will be reset during our annual requalification activities beginning in December 2016, and when your status is updated for the 2017 benefit period.

Keep track of the Priority Rewards available to you by visiting your Dashboard at altitude.aircanada.com. You will also see this information when completing a booking using your Aeroplan miles through aeroplan.com.
So it sounds like in December, presumably when you choose your select privileges.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So it sounds like in December, presumably when you choose your select privileges.

it will be reset during our annual requalification activities beginning in December 2016, and when your status is updated for the 2017 benefit period.

The statement is still ambiguous. Does it mean that when I re-qualify for the next status (in my case, I will re-qualify for SE in 2 weeks or so), or when I choose my select privileges, or Jan 1, 2016.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:51 pm

Angry

Just got off the phone with Aeroplan as they called me back regarding my inquiry about this topic. Being a 100k member, I asked if the 10 priority rewards will be reset effective March 1, 2016. Their response was NO and that the allocation of 10 provided will last the entire 2016 year.
Personally, I think this is complete ........ as there are Altitude Members which have not qualified for next year and they will have the privilege of the full 10 priority rewards until February 29, 2016. Air Canada really needs to create some clarity around this program as I have already used one reward since it became enforced on Thursday.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
I called aeroplan and got a complete different answer. She said it was when I select my new privileges in 2016 it will be reset. She did not seem that confident. I challenged her on it and she was a bit wishy washy and would not take it further. Can someone from Air Canada please clarify.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:03 pm

I'm down to 8.

YOW-YYZ-YVR-YYZ-YOW is 1, but YYZ-YVR-YYZ-YOW-YYZ is 2. Same flights.

Sigh.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
As an Altitude benefit, it makes no sense to me to have the benefit tied to the calendar year with the re-set happening in December when they process the "requalification activities." I'm no tech guy, but surely it'd be something simple to automatically re-set the counter every March 1st which is the start of the (benefit) year.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by somedude3210
As an Altitude benefit, it makes no sense to me to have the benefit tied to the calendar year with the re-set happening in December when they process the "requalification activities." I'm no tech guy, but surely it'd be something simple to automatically re-set the counter every March 1st which is the start of the (benefit) year.
I don't even care if it's March 1 or January 1.

December is just dumb.

December also happens to be when I book a bunch of flights
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
I read it to mean it has already reset now that they're showing 10 if you've already hit early re-qualification... so this is it until Dec 2017...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.