Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by paulcotton
I rushed to make several Priority Bookings before March 1 and made a mistake on one of them. When I called after March 1 to correct the error the agent suggested I cancel and re-book since they said imposition of the limit of Priority Bookings had been delayed.

Does anyone know when the limit will come into affect, if indeed, the start was delayed?

/paulc
I spoke to an Aeroplan agent earlier today. He stated that the restriction of 10 priority (ie IKK) awards per benefit year, for SEs - has not been implemented yet.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If it's that hard to implement, I think they're going to end up canceling that restriction and doing something else.

It really doesn't make much sense anyway. 1 passenger on 10 one way Y domestic flights is very different than a family on 10 round trip international J flights, but they're both counted the same.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If it's that hard to implement, I think they're going to end up canceling that restriction and doing something else.

It really doesn't make much sense anyway. 1 passenger on 10 one way Y domestic flights is very different than a family on 10 round trip international J flights, but they're both counted the same.

10000%

Implementing a rule to curb a few dozen people. Way too costly.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Until I read it was delayed I have been reluctant to use any IKK for one person one way domestic rewards (which can be quite valuable). I wanted to save some of my redemptions for round trip business class tickets for 2+. Now I've been able to book one flight without that fear.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: AC100,DLSilver,ALMVP,Fairmont Platinum
New Bar on Altitude dashboard

Does anyone know what the new bar on the altitude dashboard is for. It says Priority Rewards available I'm at maybe 10 maybe just shy of 10. when I click the question box it says it refers to AQD's. I'm not sure what I've spent but its a lot more than 10,0000 dollars if that's what its referring to.

Does anyone have any insight on this?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I believe it's to clarify that we're only allowed 10 Priority AE bookings (rather than the 10 Priority J AE Bookings SE's had) going forward.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
It's obvious, it has a handy '?' information popup window:

"This chart shows your Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) earned since January 1 on eligible flights. AQD represent the monetary value associated with an eligible ticket and, when combined with the number of Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) you fly, will determine your Altitude status."

#ITfail
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:08 am
alc

That is the new "Only 10 Priority Rewards" bookings allow per member started this year.

The said they were going to add this feature to the dashboard last week (or the week before), I guess AC IT finally get that to work.... almost.. as you stated, when you click on the ? it state:

This chart shows your Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) earned since January 1 on eligible flights. AQD represent the monetary value associated with an eligible ticket and, when combined with the number of Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) you fly, will determine your Altitude status.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
This was announced last year as part of the changes to Altitude, and the story was posted again on AC.Com recently

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/151127.html
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:20 pm

Can someone post a screenshot of this? Because once again, it's not showing up for me, and there's nothing in the page source either.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
It's gone now. It was there earlier.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Can someone post a screenshot of this? Because once again, it's not showing up for me, and there's nothing in the page source either.
Not showing for me either...
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
It's gone now. It was there earlier.
Just LOLed... Ah AC IT
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Geoflying
That is not a screenshot of a counter on the Altitude dashboard, which is what we're discussing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.