Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That is not a screenshot of a counter on the Altitude dashboard, which is what we're discussing.
Sorry - your comment appeared to be in response to a posting (YOWCDNFF's post #39) containing the link whence that screenshot was obtained. I imagine the counter will not appear until they have actually implemented that policy They do say "The Priority Rewards tracker will be in place in the coming weeks. " which leaves things pretty open as to an actual implementation date.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Sorry - your comment appeared to be in response to a posting containing the link whence that screenshot was obtained. I imagine the counter will not appear until they have actually implemented that policy They do say "The Priority Rewards tracker will be in place in the coming weeks. " which leaves things pretty open as to an actual implementation date.
But according to others, it showed up earlier today, and has now disappeared.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
But according to others, it showed up earlier today, and has now disappeared.
Imagination is a powerful emotion
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC100,DLSilver,ALMVP,Fairmont Platinum
Weird earlier today my altitude dash board had a bar chart that showed 10 priority awards left and now the graph is gone.
did anyone else see this?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by flydentmnode
Weird earlier today my altitude dash board had a bar chart that showed 10 priority awards left and now the graph is gone.
did anyone else see this?
Same. Though the bar looked pretty ugly, took the entire space underneath both the threshold eUp bar and threshold gift bar.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
The bar is back on the page - and I agree that it is indeed quite ugly...
Old Dec 10, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
The priority reward counter is also showing up on Aeroplan. It is on the Your Aeroplan - Overview page.

Mine shows 10 available (both on Altitude and on Aeroplan). Even though I have used at least one, maybe two this year.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I guess testing in the production environment is the new norm nowadays.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
The priority reward counter is also showing up on Aeroplan. It is on the Your Aeroplan - Overview page.

Mine shows 10 available (both on Altitude and on Aeroplan). Even though I have used at least one, maybe two this year.
Also shows 10 for me despite using a few this year. I guess the counter starts counting today. Took 14 months to implement (announced in Oct 2014) but they made it happen

If you click on the question mark (?), the pop up window is still about AQD though...
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: AC E50K; *G; VIPorter Priority; HHonors Gold; Fairmont President's Club Premier; Nexus
Priority Rewards

On the overview page in my Aeroplan account, there is a not that I have 10 Priority Rewards available. What are Priority Rewards? Are they only of use if booking tickets using Aeroplan points?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Avis President's Club
access to seats for rewards when people without status have none

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/priority-rewards

And yes, only for reward (points) bookings

Last edited by bluenose77; Dec 10, 2015 at 7:22 am Reason: added last line
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:59 am
alc

And they still having fix the info when you click the ?, it is still talking about AQD
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:09 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've got the priority rewards counter on both the Altitude and Aeroplan pages this morning.

Still disappointing that they haven't found a more sensible way to limit this.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:53 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLovehall
On the overview page in my Aeroplan account, there is a not that I have 10 Priority Rewards available. What are Priority Rewards? Are they only of use if booking tickets using Aeroplan points?
Priority awards are only available Altitude members; when you search for an award you will generally see the flights available to everyone, but as an Altitude member you can click on a 'Show Priority Awards" button, and additional flights will appear.

For SE100K, we have access to Priority Awards at the same cost as basic awards; for E35/50/75 it's double the points as a basic award.

These are tagged with a black "Priority" bar in the listing, and you can select them (in theory) up to 10 times in a single year. That's not 10 flights, but 10 redemptions that have even a single Priority award.

The other (older) term used for these are IKK's.

Also, it appears that your limit of 10 Priority Awards is reset every time you gain a higher level of status.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: down to Zone 5
10 reservations is plenty for the average Joe like me who doesn't have millions of miles or a ton of vacation days.

BTW this perk is probably the most useful thing I've used on AP redemption for awhile. Last Dec it got me 2 direct Y flights to Asia, this Dec 2 direct J flights to South America. Both times shoulder/peak season & only booked 1.5 months in advance.

Now if only AP can fix their site so I don't have to call in to get an agent to issues my tix. I always have stopover & open jaw on my award flights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.