Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:01 pm

When do my 1KK Priority "10" rewards expire

Any way to figure out the date when they expire?

Also, since I'll hit SE, what date would the new next 10 (presuming they keep it) kick in?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Any way to figure out the date when they expire?

Also, since I'll hit SE, what date would the new next 10 (presuming they keep it) kick in?

Priority Rewards for
Altitude Super Elite 100K members

In the event that Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward seats are completely booked, members have access to unsold seats in Economy Class – and exclusive access to additional seats in Business Class – when redeeming their Aeroplan Miles. Priority Reward reservations will require the same amount of Aeroplan Miles as for a regular Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward, and are only available on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge. Note that availability for seats in Business Class may be subject to capacity controls for flights where demand is high.

Priority Rewards are limited to a combined total of ten (10) reservations in both Economy and Business Class, per Super Elite 100K member, per year. Your counter will be reset when we proceed to our annual requalification activities beginning in December and your status is updated for the following benefit period. Keep track of the Priority Rewards available to you by visiting your Dashboard. You will also see this information when completing a booking using your Aeroplan miles through aeroplan.com.

However, note that for international* itineraries booked in Business Class, your Privilege may only be extended to immediate family members** when you are not traveling with them on the same flight reward reservation. In order to designate your immediate family members, as well as to book a Priority Reward on their behalf, you must call the Aeroplan Contact Centre. Please note that your list of designated family members may only be provided once during the course of your benefit year.

Additionally, when you hold a purchased ticket booked in Business Class (J, C, D, Z or P booking classes), this Privilege can be extended to any other travelers as long as they travel with you on the same date on at least one international flight operated by Air Canada. This is not valid with purchased Economy Class tickets that are upgraded. These Priority Reward reservations must be completed through the Aeroplan Contact Centre.

Priority Rewards for
Altitude Elite 35K, Elite 50K & Elite 75K members

also in the same link

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/priority-rewards
Old Nov 9, 2016, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
First, it's IKK, not 1KK. The I stands for "instant".

Second, if it works the same as last year, the counter will reset when you select your privileges.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:32 am
alc

My Priority Rewards Counter got reset as the 2017 Benefits release... I did have 2 left. We had been thinking it will get reset only when you select your 2017 benefits. If I knew it will be when it announce, I would have make sure I use these 2 before hand since I will be loosing my SE next year.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by alc
My Priority Rewards Counter got reset as the 2017 Benefits release... I did have 2 left. We had been thinking it will get reset only when you select your 2017 benefits. If I knew it will be when it announce, I would have make sure I use these 2 before hand since I will be loosing my SE next year.
Isn't this good, it gives you more to use before your SE expires Feb 28, 2017
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:44 am
alc

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Isn't this good, it gives you more to use before your SE expires Feb 28, 2017
it is, but it will even be better if I knew it will reset on its own and not on a date that AC/AP selected So, I can use the last 2 + the new 10 before Feb 28 .... I know, I know, 1st world problem
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by alc
it is, but it will even be better if I knew it will reset on its own and not on a date that AC/AP selected So, I can use the last 2 + the new 10 before Feb 28 .... I know, I know, 1st world problem
You were deprived of 2. I was "robbed" of 8.

I imagine many others who don't post here or don't know about FT or even their Priority Rewards have no idea what they lost. Ya, FWP.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by 24left

I imagine many others who don't post here or don't know about FT or even their Priority Rewards have no idea what they lost. Ya, FWP.
I was robbed of "9." Yes I'm very profitable to AC. :-p
Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by alc
Mine reset to 10 a couple of days ago (had 2 left).
I did not yet qualify for 100K (did on AQM, not AQD though).
Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:40 pm
alc

Originally Posted by mendy7511
Mine reset to 10 a couple of days ago (had 2 left).
I did not yet qualify for 100K (did on AQM, not AQD though).
hmm... it may have been reset a couple days ago that I just didn't noticed until today.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: AP*SE SPG-PLAT
Originally Posted by 24left

Has anyone spoken to AC or Aeroplan about this? I intended to use one of the 3 I had left now I see the counter reset.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: *G
Just checked my counter and it still shows 6 available. Maybe because they have already congratulated me on my E50 for 2017 as my SE runs out.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:39 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I emailed AC SE concierge. They said they can't contact Aeroplan on my behalf.

At this time, I'm not interested in pursuing the " circle of doom" .... AC- Aeroplan -AC- aeroplan ....
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: AC -SE, SPG-PLT, HH-G, Natl XcElite
I ran out earlier this year, and if I did have any spares, I'd be pretty upset about losing the leftovers if I were planning on using them....

Originally Posted by RZR
I emailed AC SE concierge. They said they can't contact Aeroplan on my behalf.

At this time, I'm not interested in pursuing the " circle of doom" .... AC- Aeroplan -AC- aeroplan ....
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
They nuked 4 of mine when the email went out congratulating me on E75.
As I will make SE on Dec.30 on AQM and AQD, and I book 3 priority rewards before this, will my counter reset again?

While on the phone with AE, supervisor commented this was an AC problem with many SE accounts. The usual AE/AC finger pointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.