Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by adam.smith
What's the cover like though?

I have the standard Apple one and it fits nicely on the dinner tray when in stand mode.
The cover on the AC provided iPad Airs are the Smartcase (not cover), which is good because I'm sure many pax drop them.
Old May 30, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
I had to travel in rouge a couple of weeks ago and sat in the new seats. They weren't too bad, similar to the 3** J seats, but they did feel a feel a little cramped in terms of pitch. Does anyone know how this new arrangement affects row 4? That was the only row behind the curtain that had any leg room other than the exit rows.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Academic
I had to travel in rouge a couple of weeks ago and sat in the new seats. They weren't too bad, similar to the 3** J seats, but they did feel a feel a little cramped in terms of pitch. Does anyone know how this new arrangement affects row 4? That was the only row behind the curtain that had any leg room other than the exit rows.
Row 4 is now row 12. Flew in this row a few weeks ago. Very good legroom (about 35 inches) but 2 new problems have popped up for me now. First, nowhere to hang my iPad. Second, the armrests now house the trays so you can no longer raise the armrest.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by adam.smith
Aren't they free in J?
Yes but I have own, without a way to hang them PITA as you have to hold or pull tray out and when eating no place to put them

1st world problem, but still a design/layout over sight by AC, put plastic card slot at top of seat for evac card, barf bag, magazine that lets you slide iPad cover in to hang.

Instead of the oversized pocket down below that mouth breathers fill with their garbage. Solves cleaning / grooming issues by not having that lower pocket, you can't fill the upper plastic type with junk
Old May 30, 2015, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by xLuther
1st world problem, but still a design/layout over sight by AC, put plastic card slot at top of seat for evac card, barf bag, magazine that lets you slide iPad cover in to hang.
Be careful - some here will rolleyes at you for even merely mentioning your discontent about the design/layout. How dare you!
Old May 30, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: AC SE
I flew the new rouge 2x2 from LAX to YVR on thursday night. Also was pleasantly surprised as I wasn't sure which layout we were going to have.

I didn't notice any power - I didn't even really look - just assumed rouge=no power I'll look harder next time.

iPad - kind of funny it was mentioned up thread, i struggled the whole flight to get the iPad to sit properly on the cover. It kept falling flat.

All in all it's definitely an improvement and I would fly it again up/down the coast.

Mentioned this in another thread; Right beside me was an NBA all star player. He didn't say anything about it but his assistant was definitely not pleased with the "Business Class" setup. They had no idea what Rouge was, just thought it was an AC regular J cabin. He didn't care, which was kind of refreshing!
Old May 31, 2015, 8:03 pm
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Rather frustrating side-effect of this seating change: row 4 ceases to exist, and all row numbers bump up one. Most passengers unaffected, but who's got two thumbs and bought seat 4C?

This guy!

They put me in the exit row but my preferred seat, larger legroom, and proximity to the front have all been lost. Unimpressed at $50 for little benefit. Planning to complain in hopes of a refund.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by c_9
Rather frustrating side-effect of this seating change: row 4 ceases to exist, and all row numbers bump up one. Most passengers unaffected, but who's got two thumbs and bought seat 4C?

This guy!

They put me in the exit row but my preferred seat, larger legroom, and proximity to the front have all been lost. Unimpressed at $50 for little benefit. Planning to complain in hopes of a refund.
Read this for more insight into this and my own experiences:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...9-warning.html

In short:
- 19A and 19F in the revised config are still preferred seats
- if you're not in a preferred seat, you can call in and get a refund
- if you get a really good agent, they will move the pax who do not belong in row 12 to row 13 and put you in your previous seat (i.e. 4A -> 12A etc.)
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:51 am
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Originally Posted by yvr76
Read this for more insight into this and my own experiences:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...9-warning.html

In short:
- 19A and 19F in the revised config are still preferred seats
- if you're not in a preferred seat, you can call in and get a refund
- if you get a really good agent, they will move the pax who do not belong in row 12 to row 13 and put you in your previous seat (i.e. 4A -> 12A etc.)
Thanks. I did not get a really good agent.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AP*SE SPG-PLAT
Originally Posted by yvr_amm
I flew the new rouge 2x2 from LAX to YVR on thursday night. Also was pleasantly surprised as I wasn't sure which layout we were going to have.

I didn't notice any power - I didn't even really look - just assumed rouge=no power I'll look harder next time.

iPad - kind of funny it was mentioned up thread, i struggled the whole flight to get the iPad to sit properly on the cover. It kept falling flat.

All in all it's definitely an improvement and I would fly it again up/down the coast.

Mentioned this in another thread; Right beside me was an NBA all star player. He didn't say anything about it but his assistant was definitely not pleased with the "Business Class" setup. They had no idea what Rouge was, just thought it was an AC regular J cabin. He didn't care, which was kind of refreshing!
I too just flew the 319 with the new seating and I had a positive experience. Being on premium rouge in J is the same experience as mainline in my opinion. plus the FAs are usually nicer. plus there was power

I cant say the same for Y
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: 35 K
Does anyone know if the Business seating has been change to 2x2 on the LAS to YYC (1896/1897) Rouge. I am flying this weekend and I know in Jan I had 2 pillows stropped in between the wife and I.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Medhatter
Does anyone know if the Business seating has been change to 2x2 on the LAS to YYC (1896/1897) Rouge. I am flying this weekend and I know in Jan I had 2 pillows stropped in between the wife and I.
Odds are definitely in your favour. I've been watching the Rouge 319's flight plans into Mirabel for conversion. By my count, the last one went in yesterday and if the pattern holds will return to service tomorrow or Tuesday.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Was talking with 3 rouge FA's outside YVR last week. They said all but 1 fin have been switched over, and the last one should be done within a week or so.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Was talking with 3 rouge FA's outside YVR last week. They said all but 1 fin have been switched over, and the last one should be done within a week or so.
It looks like they are all done. This morning (Jun 16) a Rouge 319 flew from Mirabel to YYZ and for the first time since this started in late April, there was no inbound 319 right before it. If anyone is looking for the conversion history, you can look up the flights out of YMX on flightaware as flight ROU7093. The inbounds were ROU7092 (most of the time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.