FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1626878-ac-rouge-a319s-getting-2-2-j-seating.html)

CloudsBelow Nov 7, 2014 6:39 am

[*Rumour*] AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating

Just saw a post from a guy who is keyed into AC news that Domestic J seating (2*2) will replace the blocked seat situation in the front cabin on Rouge A319s

HometoYYZ Nov 7, 2014 6:50 am

Interesting if so. Perhaps they miscalculated, and ripped more old narrowbody J seats from the planes leaving mainline than they'll need for the Rouge 767s?

If it happens, it will go a long way to making the front cabin on the 319s something worthy of being called J.

Now if they'd just add a couple more rows of Rouge Plus/Preferred Seats to the front of the 319s, the rouge 319 misery factor would decrease dramatically.

peano Nov 7, 2014 7:17 am

Is someone at AC listening? Perhaps so. More rouge Plus seats are badly needed as well as noted above.

How about adding a closet and denying the FA's all the overhead bin space up front while we are at it?

Stiff Nov 7, 2014 7:41 am

A step in the right direction. Closet and overhead space would be huge additions. I hate being that guy who stands at the front of the priority boarding line, 15 mins pre-boarding just to be sure to have my roll-aboard in the same cabin. Those 'don't sit here' pillows were nothing but a nuisance too. I think AC is listening...

flybit Nov 7, 2014 7:45 am

really is AC listening?
They tried Tango then ZIP both failed, huge waste of money.
Now they ripped out the J seats and next they put them back in.:confused:

I am not impressed.

rankourabu Nov 7, 2014 7:52 am

The market has spoken ;)

kwflyer Nov 7, 2014 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Stiff (Post 23806122)
Those 'don't sit here' pillows were nothing but a nuisance too. I think AC is listening...

Those 'don't sit here pillows' were necessary since GA/FA's would op up employees into the 'j' middle seats early on in Rouge's existence. ;)

Standard J seats would take care of that issue permanently.

Although that would spell the end of no more (poor person's) lie flat beds in j when the loads are light.

arf04 Nov 7, 2014 8:00 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 23806171)
The market has spoken ;)

I'm sure we've been hearing--repeatedly--that the market wanted 3 x 3 J. Maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe nobody has ever said the market has been demanding such a product and finally got it. lol

ACYYZ/SD Nov 7, 2014 8:12 am

Originally Posted by arf04 (Post 23806220)
I'm sure we've been hearing--repeatedly--that the market wanted 3 x 3 J. Maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe nobody has ever said the market has been demanding such a product and finally got it. lol

IMO, the European Style 3 X 3 seating largely addressed markets I (AC Mainline) have previously flown which were dead for premium travel (KIN, Resort Destinations in CUBA & D.R, etc) and thus why Rouge was installed in key markets in the first place. In any event, should this be accurate information, it's good news.

172pilot Nov 7, 2014 8:16 am

Originally Posted by peano (Post 23806018)
Is someone at AC listening? Perhaps so. More rouge Plus seats are badly needed as well as noted above.

+1 If Rouge Plus were available in higher quantities, it would make them easier to get. The 6 that are available go so fast that if you need to book late (ie. Typical business trip) they are gone. I would probably fly Rouge vs. UA with a connection in that case.

YEG_SE4Life Nov 7, 2014 8:18 am

Ben Smith posted, a while back, that the agreement with the pilots prevented them from putting J seating on Rouge. Perhaps the new agreement allows for this.

winnipegrev Nov 7, 2014 9:45 am

Maybe *rumour* should have been posted as part of the title. This is suspect because if AC was planning Rouge interior changes it would have made sense to announce them alongside the other interior changes yesterday. On top of that, it is too late this year to implement them before Rouge flying really picks up in the winter leaving no time for retrofit.

yvr76 Nov 7, 2014 9:56 am

Originally Posted by flybit (Post 23806136)
really is AC listening?
They tried Tango then ZIP both failed, huge waste of money.
Now they ripped out the J seats and next they put them back in.:confused:

I am not impressed.

Did you not hear the earnings report from yesterday? rouge in particular has done very well for AC.

yvr76 Nov 7, 2014 10:17 am

If this is happening, hopefully they can figure out how to add a couple more rows of preferred seats, and give us 30" slimline for the rest of Y.

CloudsBelow Nov 7, 2014 10:35 am

Originally Posted by YEG2MM (Post 23806275)
Ben Smith posted, a while back, that the agreement with the pilots prevented them from putting J seating on Rouge. Perhaps the new agreement allows for this.

It does, indeed.

Originally Posted by winnipegrev (Post 23806717)
Maybe *rumour* should have been posted as part of the title. This is suspect because if AC was planning Rouge interior changes it would have made sense to announce them alongside the other interior changes yesterday. On top of that, it is too late this year to implement them before Rouge flying really picks up in the winter leaving no time for retrofit.

I'm pretty sure this is a done deal.
Though, things can (and often do) change .... I will add [Rumour] until confirmed