Wiki Posts
Search

Rouge exit row 19 warning

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

Just boarded rouge 1848 out of Yvr heading to sfo.

Already in a bad mood - raced home at end of long weekend, late to airport, valet park the car because plane is on time. Through us immigration and security in record time, Run to the gate - no plane at t-20mins! In this day and age there is no excuse not to publish incoming flight info so at least we can figure it out. Painful AC.

Anyways - Go to sit in 19a - preferred exit row with no seat in front. On this particular fin (was it swapped or is the seat map just wrong!!) that is row 18. 19 isn't even a preferred seat. Stuck in a rouge standard seat.

Looks like some rouge fins have different exit row numbers. Flight attendant confirmed that too.

Be careful with that seat selection.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This is happening because AC is swapping J on the rouge 319s with proper 2x2 (from the former 3x3 with the middle seat blocked). Row 4 is becoming 12 and everything is shifting back.

My wife and her Mom were seated together in row 4 and just got reassigned to different seats on their flight. I called in and agent said they can't do anything since all the preferred seats are gone.

Good news is that once they finish the conversion, this problem will be gone.

Bad news is that AC is not being proactive in communicating these changes in advance and letting their system automatically (and incorrectly from these two examples) do the reassignments.

Last edited by yvr76; May 24, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Old May 18, 2015, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvr76

My wife and her Mom were seating together in row 4 and just got reassigned to different seats on their flight. I called in and agent said they can't do anything since all the preferred seats are gone.
If they sold you something you have every right to get it. Basic contract law. Equipment change is no excuse. (Merely their own internal cooking. If they are not sure they will be able to deliver then they should simply not sell.)

It is ample time that someone take them to court and put a check on their arrogance.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Stranger
If they sold you something you have every right to get it. Basic contract law. Equipment change is no excuse. (Merely their own internal cooking. If they are not sure they will be able to deliver then they should simply not sell.)

It is ample time that someone take them to court and put a check on their arrogance.
To be clear, they're still in preferred seats, just not seated together. Agent offer to refund preferred seats, which I declined.

Not sure this is a reason to take to court, nor would I call this arrogance.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by yvr76
This is happening because AC is swapping J on the rouge 319s with proper 2x2 (from the former 3x3 with the middle seat blocked). Row 4 is becoming 12 and everything is shifting back.

My wife and her Mom were seating together in row 4 and just got reassigned to different seats on their flight. I called in and agent said they can't do anything since all the preferred seats are gone.

Good news is that once they finish the conversion, this problem will be gone.

Bad news is that AC is not being proactive in communicating these changes in advance and letting their system automatically (and incorrectly from these two examples) do the reassignments.
Interesting info - thanks. In this case the "J" cabin was still 3x3 so not sure why it would have been screwed up by 1 row?
Old May 19, 2015, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yvr_amm
Interesting info - thanks. In this case the "J" cabin was still 3x3 so not sure why it would have been screwed up by 1 row?
For 2x2, I'm guessing because what used to be row 4 is now row 12 or something? What I do know if row 4 which used to be Rouge plus is now not row 4 and emergency rows are now 18 and 19 on the planes with 2x2 seating on the 319. This info is from an AC employee.

Also to the OP:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...e_A319_new.php

Row 19 isn't a preferred seat
Old May 19, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum

Row 12 is still row 12 but is now Rouge +. Row 4 was removed to make room for 2+2 seating. However, if you are booked in Row 4 and AC changes the seatmap, you are not automatically moved to row 12 but rather put in random seats.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 172pilot
Row 12 is still row 12 but is now Rouge +. Row 4 was removed to make room for 2+2 seating. However, if you are booked in Row 4 and AC changes the seatmap, you are not automatically moved to row 12 but rather put in random seats.
If this is the case, then the other thread about J being 35" may in fact be an incorrect guess. If row 4 was truly removed (and I don't doubt you at all) then surely there is increased pitch in J (if I was a betting man, which I'm not)
Old May 19, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum

Sorry my mistake. Row 12 is the old row 4. The row numbers were changed so the exit row number moved. Row 18 used to have the extra leg room. Now it's row 19.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Had this issue come up the past week as well. Was initially delighted that me and my dad's upgrades were into the new Rogue 2x2 config. Not so impressed that my brother's preferred seat in row 4 didn't exist and he was bounced back to the second to last row (31 I believe).

Also during boarding, overheard someone else have an issue with a duplicate seat in the row behind. He said he paid for his seat but when the FA got a new BP from the gate agent, he was stuck back in row 24. From what I heard, his complaint was about not getting a window seat and being reassigned an aisle. I doubt he realized that aisle/window would be the least of his complaints once he discovered his lack of leg room.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Same issue here. My spouse and I had Row 4. At the gate I had been op upped and she was now in 18A (different PNRs). In the event they were able to move her up with me, which I appreciated, but two comments: the pitch in the new "J" did not seem to to be as it is on mainline; and I now wonder if row 4 (to 12 now) still has the 35" pitch as it did previously. It was the only row I would fly on if I had to be on rouge.

And as an aside on rouge as a LCC, why is it that although it as marketed as being for the leisure traveller the fares all map directly onto the standard AC fare structure?
Old May 19, 2015, 7:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Academic
And as an aside on rouge as a LCC, why is it that although it as marketed as being for the leisure traveller the fares all map directly onto the standard AC fare structure?
Funny how you pay AC prices (or greater) for an LCC product, eh?
Old May 20, 2015, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by yvr_amm
We have also been affected by this.

It appears that rouge has three layouts for the A319.

Layout 2 is all 3x3 and the rows are numbered 1-4 and 12-31. Preferred seats are rows 1-4 and seats 18AF (all 3x3). There is no 17AF.

Layout 3 has the same row numbering (1-4 and 12-31), but rows 1-3 are Premium rouge (2x2) as noted above. Preferred seats are row 4 and seats 18AF. There is no 17AF.

Layout 1 is set out the same as layout 3, except the rows are (more logically) numbered 1-3 and 12-32. Preferred seats are row 12 and seats 19AF. There is no 18AF.

AC1848 must have been layout 2.

We had booked Preferred seats on layout 3. When our flight was changed to layout 1, the seats were not automatically reassigned and there was no communication from AC. I had to call in to reclaim our Preferred seats.

Update: only layout 1 is now online

Last edited by bpmsmith; May 22, 2015 at 2:10 pm Reason: added update
Old May 20, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by pewpew
Funny how you pay AC prices (or greater) for an LCC product, eh?
It is LCC for AC's cost. It is not LCC for customer's ticket price. Same with point redemption, they take the same number of points as mainline, but give you LCC seats.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Whoever flies Rouge deserves anything that's coming to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.