Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Hadn't seen this posted but seems WS is upping their Premium game, bigtime.

WestJet Airlines Ltd. will remove the middle seat in its premium economy cabin and charge more for the extra room as Canada’s second-largest carrier bids to boost revenue.

“It’s a completely different product,” chief executive officer Gregg Saretsky said on a conference call Tuesday. “Today we have three abreast, tomorrow we have two abreast.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle24258154/
Well then, this changes my strategy all together. Thanks for sharing. It's like Rouge plus domestically! Or a preferred seat up front on the narrowbodies with the middle seat blocked! Going on westjet.ca now...
Old May 5, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by hearna
I was thinking about that... on a 319 320 that doesn't seem impossible; but think about a 321.... certain PAX have a hard time getting through those very STUPID narrow opening to the J cabin... I can only imagine what it takes to move the seats in and out.
OT for rouge, but 321s have been reconfigured like the 319/320 so not sure if the narrow aisle is still there. Also keep in mind 321s have 4 doors on each side so the seats can be taken in or out out of 2L/2R.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
so they're unrouging rouge??? WHty don't they just merge back because now a days I don't see any difference anymore!
Old May 5, 2015, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
so they're unrouging rouge??? WHty don't they just merge back because now a days I don't see any difference anymore!
Huh??

Seating is still different
Different union agreements

Etc etc.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
All they are doing is putting in a hard product that matches what they are actually selling (which is 2*2 seating in J). If you don't notice a difference, then you are AC's ideal customer on rouge then
Old May 5, 2015, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just look behind, in the back.

(This is just a bit more of an exercise in having it both ways. Sardine class in the back, while trying to keep premium customers happy. Even seems like it's working for them. People apparently *are* masochists.)
Old May 10, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Layout 3 seat map now online
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-100rouge.html

I suspect that Layout 1 and 3 will be merged once all the fleet is retrofitted.

Seat pitch is only 35", but there simply isn't any more room if the new seats aren't slimline.

Also, per the seat map, no power ports in J. Disappointing - some of the flights on this aircraft are ~4 hours.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yvr76
Layout 3 seat map now online
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-100rouge.html

I suspect that Layout 1 and 3 will be merged once all the fleet is retrofitted.

Seat pitch is only 35", but there simply isn't any more room if the new seats aren't slimline.

Also, per the seat map, no power ports in J. Disappointing - some of the flights on this aircraft are ~4 hours.
I'm not sure how much I trust the seat map yet. The new version (Version 1) still lists the seat width at 18", same as the old seats. We all know AC's lack of attention to detail when posting information on the website.
Old May 10, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by YEGTigger
We all know AC's lack of attention to detail when posting information on the website.
Well it's definitely more accurate than seatguru! I'm pretty impressed at how quickly they update the fleet page with aircraft changes. However, as you point out, it usually takes them a couple tries to get it right!
Old May 10, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
i did a survey this week (one of the travel advisors ones) where an airline asked a bunch of questions about blocking the middle seats in 'preferred' seats. Q's dealing with methods of blocking (cushions on seat, physical barrier, sign) and of course, "how much would you pay extra for that section". ranged from $250 to $175
Old May 13, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Seat map on my LAX - YVR flight tomorrow is showing 2x2 - I have been having trouble bringing up the seat map for a week now, until online check-in opened. Will update this thread after my flight tomorrow...
Old May 13, 2015, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm still seeing 3x3 for my YVR-SFO tomorrow. The fact that both exist looks promising for you!

For me, not so much
Old May 13, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
This config is now showing up for all my MCO flights into next month. I had row 4 booked for all of them, so of course the system reassigned me to some random seat. Row 12, which is now the front row of preferred seats, is showing fully occupied
Old May 14, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
The new premium rouge seats have power!
Old May 14, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
The new premium rouge seats have power!
I can confirm this... same spot as AC Airbus J. Facing forward on the center console of the armrest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.