Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by upgradesecret
Very likely because you are not willing to acknowledge the truth.
Huh?

and who knows what will happen medium term...right now people are forced into rouge.....habits take a while to change and longer to come back

Time will tell
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Isn't AC already operating low-J configured A321s per ac.com?

14J/169Y vs. the norm of 20J/154Y...
They are in the process of converting all of the existing 321's to 14J so the "norm" will no longer be 20J.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
They're going to have to clip almost 3" of pitch in Y to add any rows behind 3L or between 2 and 3 on the 321.

Glad they're putting J in the Rogue ships.... Despite the insistence that some routes don't deserve proper J seats, there are people who are willing/able/statused enough to buy J (and/or are unwilling to suffer in Y-). YYZ-FLL I was like #20 on the upgrade list, and the flight was full.

As to the comment that widebodies running YYZ-YVR, etc are unprofitable, they're charging more than TATL flight for those routes, the operating cost is not nearly as much.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by upgradesecret
Very likely because you are not willing to acknowledge the truth.
Huh?

Had the Euro-style J in the Rouge 319s been selling as AC clearly hoped they would why would they be ripping out these seats in favour of a proper J seat? By ripping out the Euro-style J seating they are doing away with what Ben S claimed was benefit of the layout - the ability to sell the airplane as all Y when warranted. Clearly the Euro-style J seating has not worked out for him nor for AC.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by OttawaMark
Huh?

Had the Euro-style J in the Rouge 319s been selling as AC clearly hoped they would why would they be ripping out these seats in favour of a proper J seat? By ripping out the Euro-style J seating they are doing away with what Ben S claimed was benefit of the layout - the ability to sell the airplane as all Y when warranted. Clearly the Euro-style J seating has not worked out for him nor for AC.
Originally when Rouge was announced the 319s were all-Y. Looks like euro J was a stopgap, not that it necessarily was an experiment and failed.

If it failed, AC wouldn't still be pricing it the same as the mainline J seats they replaced.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Originally when Rouge was announced the 319s were all-Y. Looks like euro J was a stopgap, not that it necessarily was an experiment and failed.

If it failed, AC wouldn't still be pricing it the same as the mainline J seats they replaced.
But if AC was consistently able to get mainline J prices for these seats, as opposed to just asking for mainline J prices, why would they rip them out and forego the benefit, as Ben S claimed, of being able to sell all Y where warranted? I'm thinking, perhaps incorrectly, that AC wanted mainline J fares and found people were not willing to pay such fares for Euro J service. After all, it's not like AC wants to give anyone a price break for being crammed into Rouge aircraft.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:19 pm
Suspended

But if AC was consistently able to get mainline J prices for these seats, as opposed to just asking for mainline J prices, why would they rip them out and forego the benefit, as Ben S claimed, of being able to sell all Y where warranted? I'm thinking, perhaps incorrectly, that AC wanted mainline J fares and found people were not willing to pay such fares for Euro J service. After all, it's not like AC wants to give anyone a price break for being crammed into Rouge aircraft.
You would be an idiot to pay J for those seats.

Even upgrades seem a waste.

And, to top it all off I have booked, say GCM, cheaper on UA, DL, or US in F/J than AC flex. Go figure.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Allvest

Even upgrades seem a waste.
Not when you would end up the year with tons of them...

OTOH, if UA P is less than AC Tango or flex...
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:36 pm

You would be an idiot to pay J for those seats.
I agree. AC, however, clearly thought there would be enough idiots out there that would buy them anyway. I think AC erred in that assumption.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:56 pm
Suspended

I agree. AC, however, clearly thought there would be enough idiots out there that would buy them anyway. I think AC erred in that assumption.
As they beleive those most adept in navigating their Altitude minefield are idiots, for the most part, as well.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 3:09 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Travelling rather often to the Caribbean, I am often amazed at the price AC can get for flights there. I guess a large portion goes to AC-Vaca, and there (must be) a bunch of people wanting directs, because I often find UA considerably cheaper and sometimes J at the same price as Y.

Downside is I often have to connect via EWR or ORD in the winter, but I guess I'm willing to prostitute myself for a low enough airfare.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As they beleive those most adept in navigating their Altitude minefield are idiots, for the most part, as well.
Uh, no.

They see them as the enemy, rather. Bottom feeders, god forbid.

Getting something for nothing, how dare they? Who do they think they are, they think they are smarter? We need to give them a lesson, show them that we are smarter.

They even bought in the the best to help them in their mission...
Old Nov 9, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Well since its rumour and palace intrigure from reliable sources. i'd bet the following. A comment on here was made by one of the Bens a while back that they were working on the rouge J thing for routes where it was warranted...

My honest guess? There are going to be a few rouge planes stay in all Y to fly the routes where that makes sense... highlighted in red on this things wiki... The rest where they're selling them as J will flip over, as obviously the revenue model makes sense.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Travelling rather often to the Caribbean, I am often amazed at the price AC can get for flights there. I guess a large portion goes to AC-Vaca, and there (must be) a bunch of people wanting directs, because I often find UA considerably cheaper and sometimes J at the same price as Y.

Downside is I often have to connect via EWR or ORD in the winter, but I guess I'm willing to prostitute myself for a low enough airfare.
Canadians seem to love directs. Most people I know won't connect if they dont have to. They'll pay a couple hundred more for a nonstop, because it allows them to maximize their time at their destination...
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:54 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by LittleYHZ
Canadians seem to love directs. Most people I know won't connect if they dont have to. They'll pay a couple hundred more for a nonstop, because it allows them to maximize their time at their destination...
And I'm happy AC can get the money from them. Like I've always said here. If they can get those fares and fill their planes (like Flex to SYD), them more power to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.