Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Rouge A319s getting 2*2 J seating

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 10:02 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by yvr76
Layout 3 seat map now online
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-100rouge.html

I suspect that Layout 1 and 3 will be merged once all the fleet is retrofitted.

Seat pitch is only 35", but there simply isn't any more room if the new seats aren't slimline.

Also, per the seat map, no power ports in J. Disappointing - some of the flights on this aircraft are ~4 hours.
rouge planes are getting power ports - can't confirm yet if just in J or all throughout (don't know off hand), but I will check.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
I can confirm this... same spot as AC Airbus J. Facing forward on the center console of the armrest.
And there's even a USB port there
Old May 14, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
rouge planes are getting power ports - can't confirm yet if just in J or all throughout (don't know off hand), but I will check.
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
And there's even a USB port there
Very cool! Although these days USB ports are only useful if they're ~2A. The ones from the original XM project are very low power. Not sure about the 787s. And over the next few years everything will switch to the USB type C size.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So the fancy pillows are gone in the old 3x3. A family in 1DF 2F just asked if anyone was in 1E.

Looks like they're all going to sit there.

It was interesting boarding. I was third on, and the SE in front of me walked back to Y.

Took a while for the next J passenger to board.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So the fancy pillows are gone in the old 3x3. A family in 1DF 2F just asked if anyone was in 1E.

Looks like they're all going to sit there.

It was interesting boarding. I was third on, and the SE in front of me walked back to Y.

Took a while for the next J passenger to board.
I also noticed the lack of the middle pillows on Tuesday and today's Rouge flights to / from LAS.

Any idea what routes have the new J 2x2 configurations?
Old May 14, 2015, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just talked to the FA about it. There are two fins right now, and they rotate around.

She said she thinks they'll all be reconfigured by end of year. But she said the all-Y fins won't be (obviously).

In other news, 5 empty J seats.
Old May 30, 2015, 12:33 pm

Pleasant surprise, Rouge prem A319 with 2x2 seating

Was expecting the blocked middle seat ( last rouge flight was in Dec) on last nights YVR-SFO , but I guess the change outs are progressing. Makes flying Rouge a pretty decent flight in Prem, plus very attentive FA, kept my wine glass full ( it's all I really want )

Side note 6 empty prem seats out of 12, just shows AC has point about what people will pay, regular seats 80% full.

My wife was paid, ( personal) I upgraded company ticket.
Old May 30, 2015, 12:34 pm
Flying Blue Director

Glad you liked the new product!
Old May 30, 2015, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
This is something that we have already posted on here about. However, how was the experience? There isn't an experience thread yet that has been started about the new 2x2 seating!

How's the legroom and how is it vs mainline?
Old May 30, 2015, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Glad you liked the new product!
Only one minor issue no where to hang iPad off back of seat in front of you on new seats, I did think that was odd since Rouge is bring your own pad or rent AC's
Old May 30, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
This is something that we have already posted on here about. However, how was the experience? There isn't an experience thread yet that has been started about the new 2x2 seating!

How's the legroom and how is it vs mainline?
Leg room distance is biz class CRA/E90 like, a little tight for window passenger to get past centre power / mini table / arm rest separator. Seats wider than the CRA/E90 Similar to A3** AC seat

power outlets newer design, they actually work and plug stays in ( unlike older biz class AC mainline planes, they really need to update them)

As mentioned above no hanger slot in back of seat for iPad, a little odd since regular seats have it.

Service was good, same sort of menu as mainline, had the pasta. They offered same Viki's chips/pretzels / Lindt chocolate for snack.

Wine was same selection as the biz class on E90 we had just flown from YEG-YVR
Old May 30, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The seat pitch is 1" less than the E90s (36" on rouge 319 vs 37" on the E90s). Marketing info. says that the USB is high powered. I'm assuming this means 2 amps?

The rouge 767s don't have an iPad holder either, which I find strange. Especially on a short flight (YVR-SFO), if I can't watch the IFE while I'm eating, you don't even make it through a short movie.
Old May 30, 2015, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by xLuther
Only one minor issue no where to hang iPad off back of seat in front of you on new seats, I did think that was odd since Rouge is bring your own pad or rent AC's
Aren't they free in J?
Old May 30, 2015, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Aren't they free in J?
Yes but I surmise now there's no place to put them easily..
Old May 30, 2015, 2:27 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yvr76
The rouge 767s don't have an iPad holder either, which I find strange. Especially on a short flight (YVR-SFO), if I can't watch the IFE while I'm eating, you don't even make it through a short movie.
What's the cover like though?

I have the standard Apple one and it fits nicely on the dinner tray when in stand mode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.