Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

Please note
This thread is meant for only posting valid and booked mini-RTW, not for general mini-RTW questions which belong in the Mini RTW Questions.

Those new to the whole mini-RTW award please post in the FAQ: The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Original List of booked/valid Mini-RTW 1.0 (before 10/29/2014)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries version 2.0 (post-"enhancement")

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Maybe PM me since it's a bit off topic Rank, but do you actually dislike the SEAT? Or is the overcrowding? The seat reviews I had read were pretty positive and it looks a bit like the Air Canada "throne" style ones. Now there's no way I'll get a throne, I wasn't gonna pay like 200Euro just to get it I just hope to get a seat in the middle section so I don't have to walk over anyone and they don't have to walk over me. It does look like the cabin is poorly divided, but I can't imagine it's that bad since I'm already an uncultured swine that doesn't usually fly J . If I could pick a seat in row 4-5 I would, but IIRC you had to pay for all seats and the costs were a bit nuts, I'll check again.

Checked again, the thrones are like $210 CAD, which I won't bother paying, unfortunately the other seats in rows 4-5 are reserved, marked with an X, and the others are reserved for HON members.
Its the overcrowding. And the lack of privacy of aisle seats.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by taurus25
Can experts chime in n see if this routing will work ? It does fall under mpm

Yul-ZRH(layover 50mins)
ZRH-BKK (lay over 5-6 hours)
BKK-SYD (destination)
SYD-BKK (layover few hours)
BKK-IXC (Stop over)
IXC-DEL (Layover few hours)
DEL-DXB (Stop over)
DXB-IST (lay over few hours)
IST-YUL (Back at the starting point)
Looks good to me.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:14 am

Booked:

YYZ-ADD
ADD-KUL (stopover)
KUL-SIN
SIN-DPS (destination)
DPS-SIN
SIN-SYD (stopover)
SYD-IAH
IAH-YYZ

90k and $275 taxes per person
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Hey guys, just so I understand, the MPM is the one-way max? These itineraries are ~28K miles on gcmap, so the MPM5 is ~14000?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
Hey guys, just so I understand, the MPM is the one-way max? These itineraries are ~28K miles on gcmap, so the MPM5 is ~14000?
Right. Each direction must be under the MPM. Unless both directions are similar in distance, a 28K mile round trip itinerary likely has a MPM that is well above 14K. If the MPM was 14K then each direction would have to be roughly 14K (for total to be 28K) for it to work, but if MPM was say 15.5K then you could do 13K one direction and 15K in the other direction.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Apologies if this is not the correct Thread but it was the best I could find.

We exploring a trip to SE Asia late this year / early next year (either Vietnam or Hong Kong / Bali from NYC) and thought about starting into DPS.

JFK > ICN > SIN > DPS prices out fine / correctly but when I try to add a stop-over in SIN I am told the routing is not valid. Does Aeroplan no longer allow (perhaps they never did) stop-overs on One Way Rewards?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
Apologies if this is not the correct Thread but it was the best I could find.

We exploring a trip to SE Asia late this year / early next year (either Vietnam or Hong Kong / Bali from NYC) and thought about starting into DPS.

JFK > ICN > SIN > DPS prices out fine / correctly but when I try to add a stop-over in SIN I am told the routing is not valid. Does Aeroplan no longer allow (perhaps they never did) stop-overs on One Way Rewards?
Never did.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Cerenity
Right. Each direction must be under the MPM. Unless both directions are similar in distance, a 28K mile round trip itinerary likely has a MPM that is well above 14K. If the MPM was 14K then each direction would have to be roughly 14K (for total to be 28K) for it to work, but if MPM was say 15.5K then you could do 13K one direction and 15K in the other direction.
Are you sure that the arithmetic is so simple? MPM has its hidden rules, no?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:06 pm

It's pretty simple. Just don't transit the same city twice in one direction.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LearningToFly

Are you sure that the arithmetic is so simple? MPM has its hidden rules, no?
The only hidden rules are that the Aeroplan MPM is not the same as any published MPM. It's their own made up number.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Booked my first mRTW:

YUL-ZRH on LX C
ZRH-HKG on LX C
HKG-ICN on OZ J
ICN-JFK on OZ F
LGA-YUL on AC J

Didn't need any stopovers and didn't want to "waste" F miles on the outbound segment, so I booked it as two separate 1-ways.

75k + 105k = 180k miles + $210.
WhisperjetYYZ and canadiancow like this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:19 pm

Thank you to everyone and to the forum for all the great information. I've managed to finalized my booking below.

YYZ-ORD in J via AC
ORD-HND in F via NH
HND-BKK in F via TG (new 747 with 9F seats)
BKK-DPS in J via TG - Destination
DPS-SIN in J via SQ - Stop
SIN-SGN in J via SQ - Stop
SGN-BKK in J via TG
BKK-HND in F via TG (new 747 with 9F seats)
HND-ORD in F via NH
ORD-YYZ in J via AC

Taxes and all come out to $497.76 + $33.90 (booking fee) and of course 215k points.

I think I could have done a bit better flying through Europe and trying Lufthansa First Class product, but I would have to wait like 15 days before flying in order for seats to be released, which of course is too risky.

Let me know if anyone have other thoughts.

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Never did.
That would explain it! Can't believe I never realized that all of these years.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by trungngo13
Thank you to everyone and to the forum for all the great information. I've managed to finalized my booking below.

YYZ-ORD in J via AC
ORD-HND in F via NH
HND-BKK in F via TG (new 747 with 9F seats)
BKK-DPS in J via TG - Destination
DPS-SIN in J via SQ - Stop
SIN-SGN in J via SQ - Stop
SGN-BKK in J via TG
BKK-HND in F via TG (new 747 with 9F seats)
HND-ORD in F via NH
ORD-YYZ in J via AC

Taxes and all come out to $497.76 + $33.90 (booking fee) and of course 215k points.

I think I could have done a bit better flying through Europe and trying Lufthansa First Class product, but I would have to wait like 15 days before flying in order for seats to be released, which of course is too risky.

Let me know if anyone have other thoughts.

Thanks
Looks good. But I would keep an eye on the TG F flights on the 747. TG is in the process of re-assigning some of those flights to A350-900 aircraft which do not have F cabins. Had my HND-BKK and BKK-KIX both changed to A359 within the past few weeks. I have a trip through Europe to Asia coming up in June with NH F and OZ F as well that I am looking forward to. Would have had the two TG F flights too but, that's life.

Last edited by ScGhost0; Mar 7, 2018 at 8:14 am
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by ScGhost0
Looks good. But I would keep an eye on the TG F flights on the 747. TG is in the process of re-assigning some of those flights to A350-900 aircraft which do not have F cabins. Had my HND-BKK and BKK-KIX both changed to A359 within the past few weeks. I have a trip through Europe to Asia coming up in June with NH F and OZ F as well that I am looking forward to. Would have had the two TG F flights too but, that's life.
Ouch, I would be quite upset in your case... But in that case, would I be entitled to some type of compensation from Aeroplan? I paid additional taxes so I can try TG First Class not their business.
Also, due to an equipment change, would I be entitled to choose a different routing and not pay any additional taxes and fees?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.