Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by YEGcg
I called in the other night to add my AE number to a Classic/Fixed reward for s booking this Friday. It took >30 mins on hold to speak to an agent, via the priority line. I was told to checkin online, add my AE number there, and declare I wasn't checking any bags, then to proceed to the baggage desk (technically there is none at YHZ) to have the bags checked without fee. After beng on hold another 5 mins, she changed it. There's no way I'm going to leave this to the whim of a check in agent at a station where the staff have told me (last summer) that anything under E50K doesn't get any free bags.
I get my next opportunity in a couple of weeks to see if anything has been fixed, but this is not hopeful. Traveling on spouse's miles as the secondary passenger, which used to be easy to deal with. Will start, but not complete OLCI, then get the "new" priority check-in at YYZ to deal with it. I sense that AC is given up trying to remedy this known glitch.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Well market fare rewards don't seem to allow this--think there was a post to this effect on another thread. Tried last night on market fare reward booked on spouse's account--still got the dreaded Zone 4. Gate agent was not going to allow me to priority board despite having SE MM card for 2016! ...! She relented eventually but I don't want to have to do this again on the return. (this is econo on a Q400 where space can disappear)
seems to work on online checkin today -- zone 1 displaying nicely today for market fare reward on SO's points^
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Called in to have my number added to an AE booking on a friend's points, but was not successful. The agent said that it was because the account holder's number was already on the PNR. Will it be possible to add mine at check in?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by marke190
Called in to have my number added to an AE booking on a friend's points, but was not successful. The agent said that it was because the account holder's number was already on the PNR. Will it be possible to add mine at check in?
At airport check in, yes, at OLCI, no.

This whole situation is a particular beef of mine. Last week, on my own miles as SE, OLCI wanted me to pay for bags, so of course entered zero bags, but BP showed correct zone 1.

Next week is on someone else's miles, so expecting airport check-in to get it right.

Agents seem to be aware of the fixes, but AC continues to ignore the issue.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by fin 645
At airport check in, yes, at OLCI, no.

This whole situation is a particular beef of mine. Last week, on my own miles as SE, OLCI wanted me to pay for bags, so of course entered zero bags, but BP showed correct zone 1.

Next week is on someone else's miles, so expecting airport check-in to get it right.

Agents seem to be aware of the fixes, but AC continues to ignore the issue.
Let us know how it goes next week!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: *$ Green
FWIW, I had a chance to try this (again) twice.

Same answers as a few months ago.

YUL: "I can't add it because if I would you would gain AE points on this flight and you are not allowed to gain miles on reward bookings."

YVR: "I can't override the AE number that is currently on file to put your own number. Besides, if I would add your number, you would gain AE points on this flight and you are not allowed to gain miles on reward bookings."

So, surprisingly, I am getting the consistent responses from different agents from different locations.

Both of these instances were at priority check-in counters, while the previous attempts were done at the MLL.

I am starting to wonder if there is a way to gain miles on reward bookings... Any IT pros feel like digging in?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

YUL: "I can't add it because if I would you would gain AE points on this flight and you are not allowed to gain miles on reward bookings."

YVR: "I can't override the AE number that is currently on file to put your own number. Besides, if I would add your number, you would gain AE points on this flight and you are not allowed to gain miles on reward bookings."

So, surprisingly, I am getting the consistent responses from different agents from different locations.

Both of these instances were at priority check-in counters, while the previous attempts were done at the MLL.

I am starting to wonder if there is a way to gain miles on reward bookings... Any IT pros feel like digging in?
Although I'm not an IT genius I don't think there is. Like I said a while back in the thread I had my AP number added to a ticket booked on someone else's points during checkin at YHZ. Didn't earn any points. As well the person who booked the AP ticket doesn't get any points either when they are the ones with their AP number on the PNR.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Although I'm not an IT genius I don't think there is. Like I said a while back in the thread I had my AP number added to a ticket booked on someone else's points during checkin at YHZ. Didn't earn any points. As well the person who booked the AP ticket doesn't get any points either when they are the ones with their AP number on the PNR.

I am thinking the same way, but can't seem to understand why this same line is used over and over again, by different agents, and at different locations.

Doesn't seem to me (after my personal experiences) like the agents know anything about this situation at all.

Edit: HOWEVER, one agent did add "oh but you are J so you get ZONE 1 boarding anyway". So I guess they are aware of zone privileges issues with regards to AE redemptions, but not about fixing AE numbers.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond

Consistent but incorrect. No one gets points on Award travels. They are all dumb.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
I think it was mentioned by canadiancow somewhere in this thread that there are two fields in an AE booking.

To receive Altitude benefits (not AE miles) on a AE reward ticket booked by someone else (on someone else's points), your AE number must be added to the FQTR field. Not the FQTV field as this would lead to mile accrual.

This was officially announced by AC in October 2015 http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/151022.html

Maybe a simple reminder from AC to the front line agents could prevent this from happening over and over again.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:37 pm

We want every trip you take to be a smooth one. To ensure that you’re able to get the most out of your AltitudeTM status when travelling on an Aeroplan® Flight Reward redemption ticket, please be sure to include your Aeroplan number when completing your web, mobile or kiosk check-in.

Well, as far as I am concerned (and by my personal experience), this has not been in effect since December.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DNAwizard
I think it was mentioned by canadiancow somewhere in this thread that there are two fields in an AE booking.

To receive Altitude benefits (not AE miles) on a AE reward ticket booked by someone else (on someone else's points), your AE number must be added to the FQTR field. Not the FQTV field as this would lead to mile accrual.

This was officially announced by AC in October 2015 http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/151022.html

Maybe a simple reminder from AC to the front line agents could prevent this from happening over and over again.
What about Star Golds?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:02 pm

So what am I supposed to do?

Walk up to a gate agent and say "please add this number to the FQTR field"?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So what am I supposed to do?

Walk up to a gate agent and say "please add this number to the FQTR field"?
And they will probably say that does not exist, i know cause i work at the airport. ha ha
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by DNAwizard

The Oct 2015 announcement represents the genesis of all these recently reported problems. Whatever AC IT did at that time to "enhance" the capability of having one's status recognized, it had the opposite effect. AFAIK, AC is aware of the issue, but no improvement is in the offing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.