Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by djjaguar
I finally found a smart AC agent. I called the French line and got an agent who was able to add the FF # to the flight. Just incredible all the lies and stupidity you hear from untrained agents.
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Never had this problem. Book around 25 to 30 AE flights per year and every agents add a AE number to the flight/ticket without problems.
Just to clarify in both these cases - was it an AE ticket booked with your OWN points or booked by someone else for you?

Just good luck maybe? Haha.

I just realized I'm flying on an AE ticket Wednesday booked on someone else's points, (MAN > FRA > YUL > YOW) so wanted to try and get my AE# added to it so I get my E50k benefits.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Just to clarify in both these cases - was it an AE ticket booked with your OWN points or booked by someone else for you?

I just realized I'm flying on an AE ticket Wednesday booked on someone else's points, (MAN > FRA > YUL > YOW) so wanted to try and get my AE# added to it so I get my E50k benefits.
This was a A3 award booked by the member himself. A3 did add his Gold number to the booking, it was verified by AC. But AC initially told us that the Gold Status cannot be added to the flights as the member may get points for an "X" class fare (dumb logic), go figure.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by CanadianMike

Always the pax is flying on some else's account. If you are travelling on your own account, the AE # does not have to be put on. You always get your benefits if the AE # is on or not. Just bring your card.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: *G
Always the pax is flying on some else's account. If you are travelling on your own account, the AE # does not have to be put on. You always get your benefits if the AE # is on or not. Just bring your card.
What you are saying was true until the announced/unannounced Oct 22 enhancements. Travelling on my own miles required agent intervention at airport check-in to get status on file most recently. Getting status when flying as primary passenger on someone else's miles never used to work (god knows many agents/concierges tried often enough) and yes, the card works EXCEPT priority baggage when status is not reflected on baggage tag and any priority tag is removed.

I am about to book a new round with both my own miles and someone else's, so shall see what transpires.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Even after the so-called change I have never been able to get my own AE number onto an award ticket issued from someone else's account. Not online, not with a check-in agent, not with a gate agent.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Even after the so-called change I have never been able to get my own AE number onto an award ticket issued from someone else's account. Not online, not with a check-in agent, not with a gate agent.
Did the other person know you were using their account?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Flight needs to be associated with the FF # not only the reservation. If the FF # is associated with the flight then if there are Op Up's you will be on the list(only status passengers) even though you are travelling on an award.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Same. Called the 50K contact # earlier, guy was friendly and tried a few things but said it wouldn't let him add it. About to try and call Aeroplan for what that's worth...
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fin 645
What you are saying was true until the announced/unannounced Oct 22 enhancements. Travelling on my own miles required agent intervention at airport check-in to get status on file most recently. Getting status when flying as primary passenger on someone else's miles never used to work (god knows many agents/concierges tried often enough) and yes, the card works EXCEPT priority baggage when status is not reflected on baggage tag and any priority tag is removed.

I am about to book a new round with both my own miles and someone else's, so shall see what transpires.
It was true last weekend. Agent did not have to add any info. Bags got priority and status as on boarding card.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: *G
It was true last weekend. Agent did not have to add any info. Bags got priority and status as on boarding card.
Hopefully that indicates that they have at least restored the status quo from before the enhancements. My first clue with my upcoming booking will be the preferred seat issue.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by djjaguar
The Flight needs to be associated with the FF # not only the reservation. If the FF # is associated with the flight then if there are Op Up's you will be on the list(only status passengers) even though you are travelling on an award.
I believe status with Op Ups on AE ticket have no value, just like if you are on the upgrade list with Aeroplan ticket. On upgrade list, K25 member on rev goes ahead of SE member on pts.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:19 am
Suspended

Hopefully that indicates that they have at least restored the status quo from before the enhancements. My first clue with my upcoming booking will be the preferred seat issue.
I got the preferred seat with no problems, but I did call in for the seat.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe status with Op Ups on AE ticket have no value, just like if you are on the upgrade list with Aeroplan ticket. On upgrade list, K25 member on rev goes ahead of SE member on pts.
I have to disagree, I have been upgraded twice before on an oversold AC flight, once having status as an Elite and once as a Star Gold while flying on award tickets.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I have NEVER had a problem traveling on my own miles. My status has always showed up. This was true in December 2013, January 2016, and at many points in between.

I also may be booking a flight with my dad's miles this weekend (it's rare to find regular availability for an entire multi-city booking), and there's going to be a segment in AC economy, so I know I'm going to have to fight really hard to get my preferred seat.

Status always comes before fare class.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Status always comes before fare class.
Just confirmed with AC. Rev tickets always upgrade before pts tickets. Even if your point ticket is in J and you are seated in Y. Status does not help you on in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.