Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding Frequent Flyer # to Aeroplan Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by YYT82
No, it hasn't been broken since most airports haven't had their DCS migrated to Amadeus.
What system do you think DCS validates numbers/names and status from?

Originally Posted by YYT82
And I have personally changed the AE# on a booking I made for a friend at OLCI just a few days ago.
Great news.
canadiancow and codfather like this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes, you can add it in OLCI, unless Amadeus has broken that.
Thanks guys! I will give this a try tonight, but OLCI did not work for me on Thursday for my flights up.

Let's hope that isn't the case this time!
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:58 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
I havent flowned AP tickets on AC metal since last year. I assume the DCS upgrades are completed? Will i be able to change AP# to TK# at OLCI? Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You can change it before then. The manage booking page lets you do it on any PNR.
Adam Smith and ericw like this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 9:58 am

You can change it before then. The manage booking page lets you do it on any PNR.
From my experience the system will allow you to change your FFN, but won’t allow you to delete and re-add.

A few weeks ago I was swept from P25 to 35. A few days later I had my first flight but the BP showed 25. I was unable to delete the number via OLCI (I cant recall if I tried via MMB). Anyways, at the airport I asked the check-in agent to see if they could delete and re-add - she was unable to, as were a few of her colleagues. In the end it didn’t matter, I still got an op up!
Old Jul 17, 2020, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by YEG USER
From my experience the system will allow you to change your FFN, but won’t allow you to delete and re-add.

A few weeks ago I was swept from P25 to 35. A few days later I had my first flight but the BP showed 25. I was unable to delete the number via OLCI (I cant recall if I tried via MMB). Anyways, at the airport I asked the check-in agent to see if they could delete and re-add - she was unable to, as were a few of her colleagues. In the end it didn’t matter, I still got an op up!

But "a few days" might not be long enough for the status to propagate anyway.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:16 pm

Wow, thanks! this must be new?
I don't recall the Update travel preferences was available a few weeks ago when I was booking a few flights to the Stans.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:21 pm

It has been available for many months

I don't know if it was available right after the Amadeus switch, but definitely in January.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by YEG USER

You might want to update your profile which still shows SE.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:46 pm

It has been available for many months

I don't know if it was available right after the Amadeus switch, but definitely in January.
Darn. it seems AC fixed the "bug" for AP tickets.
Even though it says successful, it doesn't get saved..
Old Jul 22, 2020, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by ericw
Darn. it seems AC fixed the "bug" for AP tickets.
Even though it says successful, it doesn't get saved..
It's not a bug, and I've done it many times for both AC and UA numbers in the past 6 months.

I believe you've reported some kind of name mismatch before - do you think it might be something like that?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 5:42 pm

It's not a bug, and I've done it many times for both AC and UA numbers in the past 6 months.
I believe you've reported some kind of name mismatch before - do you think it might be something like that?
It is so odd:
I booked 2 OWs today - YYZ-YVR-YYC - I can change it to UA (stick) -> TK (wont stick)
YYC-YYZ (A220) AC > UA (stick) > TK (stick).
I've just tried many times. Not sure what the problem was - other than calling it a bug for such inconsistent behaviours.

I had a booking to YYZ-YUL-YGR on Jazz last week and it switched fine.
I just tried a test booking on AP.com. Now I can only change between UA and AC. I tried TK, TP, A3. None worked. I wonder if UA is treated differently on AC.com because it shows your AC/UA status when you try to update.

In regards to name mismatch, I did notice that my ticket shows my name in Title Case "Eric", instead of "ERIC" as entered on AP.com during the booking process...It seem AP.com automatically does that....oh well, I guess I will try OLCI in 2 days.

UPDATE: just checked in now - now it appeared it allowed me to switch to/from AC, UA, TP, A3 and a dummy TK I created no problem. But my proper TK # was not accepted. I guess you were right - it's probably that "name mismatch" cr*p that. Maybe their IT added that in a recent release.

UPDATE2: I cancelled my original YYZ-YVR-YYC and rebooked YYZ-YYC just now since AP availability opened up. This time, I tried to update FFP immediately after the reservation was created but before the e-ticket was issued - it worked. and I just checked in and got Zone 2 boarding and TK*G.
Still, it does not work for a YYZ-YUL-YGR booking I created yesterday for late august.
One thing I am happy is that, with the new Amadeus OLCI, I finally can check in myself without AP in the PNR - the stupid DHP is gone!

Last edited by ericw; Jul 24, 2020 at 4:58 pm Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.