Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 838/839 Winter Changes; Air Canada drops Ottawa-Frankfurt flight for winter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC *Gold

Just received and itinerary email change from Air Canada. Was booked on the direct Ottawa-Frankfurt 838 in Dec and return in Jan with 839.

After checking ac.com, it seems like 838 and 839 have disappeared in December and January.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: AC SE
Looks like it has disappeared completely this fall already...
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:29 am

Long threatened publicly by AC brass YOWFRA was marginal and at risk if ME3 were given more access to YYZ. Now it's Suspended through Winter without anything extra given to EK and the gang. Guess that means AC won't mind if ME3 get more access to Canada now?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:47 am

Same problem here. :-(

Will there be any new routes to Europe instead? Or do I really have to go through YYZ or take LH (YUL), both of which I was trying to avoid?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
Same problem here. :-(

Will there be any new routes to Europe instead?
From Ottawa? Not a chance. Lots of recent talk about massive TATL overcapacity. Would have been great had they at least maintained 3-4w.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:30 am
Original Poster

It went seasonal according to the agent. Stops in October and resumes in May supposedly.

I can't believe this route is not feasible at least 3-4 a week as they had it before I believe.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:42 am
Flying Blue Director

AC838/839 has indeed been removed from the W14/15 schedule, scheduled to be back next year.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
AC838/839 has indeed been removed from the W14/15 schedule, scheduled to be back next year.
Thanks for the confirmation Ben
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
From Ottawa?
Not necessarily. YUL would work, too. (YQB, YHZ, YYT would be nice as well, but that's unrealistic.)
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
possibly related to government travel cuts?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:43 pm

But it looks like YOW-LHR is daily this winter.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:21 am

who provides the suggestion for alternate routing in such a case? The operating carrier of the cancelled flight, the marketing carrier of said flight, the ticketing airline, the travel agent, or...?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
who provides the suggestion for alternate routing in such a case? The operating carrier of the cancelled flight, the marketing carrier of said flight, the ticketing airline, the travel agent, or...?
All passengers are in the process rebooked by AC on another routing - in most cases, this would be YOW-YUL-FRA or YOW-YYZ-FRA.

If that routing does not meet the customers' needs, they can contact their booking source (travel agent, website customer service, the airline directly etc) to arrange alternate routings.

Indeed, YOW-LHR will remain daily all winter this year - in the past, it has been reduced to 5-6 weekly in the lower demand periods of the winter.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Originally Posted by ac-YUL
All passengers are in the process rebooked by AC on another routing - in most cases, this would be YOW-YUL-FRA or YOW-YYZ-FRA.

If that routing does not meet the customers' needs, they can contact their booking source (travel agent, website customer service, the airline directly etc) to arrange alternate routings.

Indeed, YOW-LHR will remain daily all winter this year - in the past, it has been reduced to 5-6 weekly in the lower demand periods of the winter.
That happened to my parents a few days ago for a FRA-YOW flight at the beginning of November. They got put on a LH flight to YYZ, lost their priority seating up front (they are 50k)... agent on the altitude line was very rude and said "that's life, get over it."
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by ac-YUL
Even if it the transport was booked on the LH-codeshare-part of the AC-aircraft on LH ticket stock?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.