Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Onboard Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:21 am

A319 Western triangle last month.
No IFE. My J seat only. f/a offered me to change seat with non rev.
I declined.
Filled out the online form and got a 20% off code.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by tracon
A319 Western triangle last month.
No IFE. My J seat only. f/a offered me to change seat with non rev.
I declined.
Filled out the online form and got a 20% off code.
I was on YYC-YYZ back in Feb - the entire J cabin (or maybe plane) had no IFE. We received a code for 15% off. Crew handed out pre-printed cards directing you to go on-line to get your code/offer.
I guess with only a few affected they offered a better deal?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
$75 credit voucher for no IFE screens YUL-YVR
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by james dean
$75 credit voucher for no IFE screens YUL-YVR
Same here in J in the other direction. About a month's time for turnaround.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:10 pm

Just had entire J cabin without IFE and I was sitting beside someone who I would guess to be a SE. I am not SE nor did I engage in a lengthy conversation with the gentleman - Oh you SE!! Great seat mate though, nice and quiet... but the FA practically ignored me the whole flight when frequently asking him and filling up his drinks but just taking my glass without saying a word. I had to make a point to get her attention. She then comes by and says to him "Sir, don't you worry I will get you a compensation card right away". Doesn't say a thing to me. lol. It was a short flight and it actually became hilarious at one point. Honestly, probably the worst service I have ever received.
...The service was fine coming home but yet again the IFE would not work. The movie would start for a few seconds then go back to the main screen to choose again. These were older birds too so even giving them a kick was not working anymore. It still kept showing on the map I was going to EWR which I was not.
I wrote in today.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:16 pm

$50 eCoupon for no J SS meal on YYZ-YVR. The form only had a "meal shortage", but it wasn't a case of wanting beef but getting chicken. I had my order taken and asked to have it served later in the flight so I could sleep first, as per the menu. I was pre-warned that the meal cooks for 30 min, and they won't serve at 1.5 hours before landing. At 2 hours before landing, I asked for the meal and for all the cold items immediately (specifically asking for the appetizer and dessert). I was given a cheese and fruit plate with a single multi-grain bun... not what I was expecting. I ate a bit and asked where the rest was. That's when I was told that there weren't enough meals loaded and blamed the weekend catering crew. Interesting considering it was a Monday night, J was full days before and the equipment never changed. And every J pax without a special meal is given the exact same cold portions. I still got the main meal I ordered but I'm not a cheese and fruit person so there wasn't much more to eat.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by guessaaa
$50 eCoupon for no J SS meal on YYZ-YVR. The form only had a "meal shortage", but it wasn't a case of wanting beef but getting chicken. I had my order taken and asked to have it served later in the flight so I could sleep first, as per the menu. I was pre-warned that the meal cooks for 30 min, and they won't serve at 1.5 hours before landing. At 2 hours before landing, I asked for the meal and for all the cold items immediately (specifically asking for the appetizer and dessert). I was given a cheese and fruit plate with a single multi-grain bun... not what I was expecting. I ate a bit and asked where the rest was. That's when I was told that there weren't enough meals loaded and blamed the weekend catering crew. Interesting considering it was a Monday night, J was full days before and the equipment never changed. And every J pax without a special meal is given the exact same cold portions. I still got the main meal I ordered but I'm not a cheese and fruit person so there wasn't much more to eat.
This isn't quite clear to me. You had pre-ordered a special meal, but you ended up having to have a regular meal? Just with none of the other courses that go along with the SPML?
Old Nov 7, 2023, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
This isn't quite clear to me. You had pre-ordered a special meal, but you ended up having to have a regular meal? Just with none of the other courses that go along with the SPML?
No, my regular meal consisted of a cheese/fruit plate followed by the hot plate. No appetizer, no dessert.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 5:13 am

Programs: AC SE
if you dont get onboard compensation what route are you taking? the online form?
Moostekk likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 8:00 pm

Programs: 🛫 AC 75K
What’s the process to escalate?

Sitting in J-pod that is non functional. No recline, so I’m sitting bolt upright on the overnight YYZ to ZRH right now.

I’m a too tired to think straight after a long day and flight attendants (super kind) are encouraging me to escalate because apparently it was a known issue and they should have informed me before I was boarded. Flight is full.

Any guidance would be really appreciated. I’m 75K and honestly never bother to complain, but this time after upgrading myself for the first time in over ten years to international J (usually just pay the J fare) I’m annoyed that I’ve burned through a pile of eupgrades, $200 and … yeah, most of you get it.

Flight attendant has recorded the issue but wants me to escalate. Simply, if you were in my shoes what would you do next?
Old May 30, 2024, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Moostekk
Sitting in J-pod that is non functional. No recline, so I’m sitting bolt upright on the overnight YYZ to ZRH right now.

I’m a too tired to think straight after a long day and flight attendants (super kind) are encouraging me to escalate because apparently it was a known issue and they should have informed me before I was boarded. Flight is full.

Any guidance would be really appreciated. I’m 75K and honestly never bother to complain, but this time after upgrading myself for the first time in over ten years to international J (usually just pay the J fare) I’m annoyed that I’ve burned through a pile of eupgrades, $200 and … yeah, most of you get it.

Flight attendant has recorded the issue but wants me to escalate. Simply, if you were in my shoes what would you do next?
tl;dr - ask the SD to complete an OBC request on their ipad.

I've had deflated seats a couple of times in the past month. First time, the SD said there were no onboard comp forms, but wrote out the details on a card so I could submit a request via the website. Ironically, the day I submitted that while on a flight, my connecting flight had exactly the same issue (deflated seat back). After giving me pillows, the SD came with his ipad for me to enter my email address on a form. Within minutes, I received a code for this: https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...en/ecx-25.html. Based on my booking patterns, that is worth more to me than the $300 credit I would have expected for a TCON deflated seat. Not sure if there are new compensation standards or if it's selectable by the SD on the app (it appeared selectable but I obviously didn't try to change it).

In both cases, the SD and crew were great and made sure I had pillows, and one had a memory foam pad for me. But that's easier to hack mid flight than non-recline. (I also had one flight last week where I received a seat change notification shortly before boarding to a middle seat from a window. The SS agent grabbed me the only free window seat, then came back a few minutes to inform me that both my new and original window seats were marked non-recline, so I had the choice to take a middle but operational seat. Sorry, that doesn't help your situation.)
Moostekk likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club

Not sure why they are telling you to 'escalate'? The SD should be filling in an On-Board Compensation form and giving you a little slip that has a case # on it so that you can follow-up when AC doesn't process it in a timely manner.

You can search this thread or the "Deflate-gate" thread for the standard compensation for this, but if memory serves me for a TATL it should be $600 which they give in the form of a voucher.

I had a 'deflate' situation not too long ago (TCON) which resulted in a $300 voucher...after about 3 weeks and no action, I wrote in with my little code and had the voucher the next day.
Moostekk likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 10:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs

I had exactly the same issue. Plane came in. Seat was inop. Maintenance did not flag it to either the GA or cabin crew. Crew called maintenance who said that were unable to fix it. Full flight.

I would have pushed to downgrade one of the gate e-ups, but SD assured me that there was manual way to recline the seat after takeoff. Turns out that was technically true, but Maintenance had disabled it for some reason. So I flew YVR-LHR bolt upright. Cabin crew tried to make me as comfortable as possible.

In my case the SD filled out the form, and gave me a reference number which is what they should have done for you. I think I got a $500 or so voucher for my troubles. But they really shouldn't make it your problem to escalate. In your case, you will have to go through the normal Customer Support webform. But be sure to let them know the back story, what the SD didn't do, and how it made you feel as a customer.
Moostekk likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 11:01 pm

Programs: 🛫 AC 75K
Seat motion controls disabled J Pod

Very grateful for the quick replies and especially for the web form to submit a complaint. Which I have done. Can’t sleep sitting bolt upright so may as well be productive lol

note was also told they could manually work the seat after take off and as above, that was a no go. Didn’t even try. Plus got into the 333 seat controls and “seat motion” has been disable and cannot be re enabled.

Quick trick on the 333, hold the Air Canada logo icon button on the seat controls for around ten seconds. A numerical keypad will appear and key 3 2 1 ENTER

seat motion controls appear for the flight crew. But inoperable as the whole seat functions aren’t working.

** update about five hours into the flight. Most sleeping soundly in J, except .. there are in fact three inoperative J pods in this cabin. Both my wife and I (how’s that for luck?) plus one other poor woman who looks ready to pull the emergency eject chute. The biggest shame is I’m not even surprised. Seen so much of this over the decades.

Last edited by Moostekk; May 30, 2024 at 11:42 pm Reason: Clarity
Old May 31, 2024, 10:31 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
** update about five hours into the flight. Most sleeping soundly in J, except .. there are in fact three inoperative J pods in this cabin. Both my wife and I (how’s that for luck?) plus one other poor woman who looks ready to pull the emergency eject chute.
That's just really shocking.

At some point you have to question both the reliability of these seats and AC's ability (or desire) to service them in a timely fashion.
Moostekk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.