AC Onboard Compensation

Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Wow. When @philelite and I were flying YXE-YYZ due to IRROPS, we were denied Y food. 5 J pax and 2 meals.

It never occurred to me to write in for compensation or ask for a green form.
The FA was quite annoyed about not a single meal being loaded and he made sure everyone filled out the form. I didn't ask for the form, and frankly as I wasn't planning to eat anyway I didn't really think that I needed to be compensated.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by gcashin
Any experience on how long it typically takes to receive compensation for an issue on board that was documented by the SD via the green compensation form?

Had a trip to Europe in paid J (Z fare) where both seats had issues (one of the issues being no recline). Any idea on how long it typically takes to hear back on this? The reference stub says if you don't hear anything back in 60 days, contact AC, but just wondering what the typical timeframe would be.
Just to report back on how this turned out. We'd received two green forms for inoperative J seats from a flight at the end of June, and had both requested travel credits. My travel companion received a travel credit in early September for the issue (so a bit over 2 months after the flight). I'd requested a travel credit on the form, but AC took the liberty to credit Aeroplan points instead, despite me checking the travel credit box. The form specifically asks you to wait 60(!) business days before writing them about it if you don't receive the compensation. I wrote them back and got a response that they should get back to me within 30 business days! So, unless they turn this around much quicker than they state, it could take until October to receive a travel credit for an inoperative business class seat for a flight taken in June.

I typically wouldn't bother to make a fuss, but both of these were significant issues (one being a non-reclining J seat on an overseas flight).

I have to say I'm pretty surprised and disappointed how AC continues to use a slow, error-prone, system for onboard compensation, using paper forms that seem to take weeks/months to process. I've had a couple of minor items with UA or WS over the years, and they have been much quicker/better at making things right. AC really needs to get a better system in place for this, or at least start executing their current system better.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gcashin
Just to report back on how this turned out. We'd received two green forms for inoperative J seats from a flight at the end of June, and had both requested travel credits. My travel companion received a travel credit in early September for the issue (so a bit over 2 months after the flight). I'd requested a travel credit on the form, but AC took the liberty to credit Aeroplan points instead, despite me checking the travel credit box. The form specifically asks you to wait 60(!) business days before writing them about it if you don't receive the compensation. I wrote them back and got a response that they should get back to me within 30 business days! So, unless they turn this around much quicker than they state, it could take until October to receive a travel credit for an inoperative business class seat for a flight taken in June.

I typically wouldn't bother to make a fuss, but both of these were significant issues (one being a non-reclining J seat on an overseas flight).

I have to say I'm pretty surprised and disappointed how AC continues to use a slow, error-prone, system for onboard compensation, using paper forms that seem to take weeks/months to process. I've had a couple of minor items with UA or WS over the years, and they have been much quicker/better at making things right. AC really needs to get a better system in place for this, or at least start executing their current system better.
I was on a AC plane where the flight was delayed by hours and the entire plane was given out forms with a code on it. Went on-line, entered the code, booking ref, last name, etc and got a code for every family member within 2 weeks. Filling out a paper form seems bizarre. Perhaps the SD should do the filing out and the pax should just get a ref code to follow up online.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Wow. When @philelite and I were flying YXE-YYZ due to IRROPS, we were denied Y food. 5 J pax and 2 meals.

It never occurred to me to write in for compensation or ask for a green form.
And those two J meals went to...
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by vernonc
I was on a AC plane where the flight was delayed by hours and the entire plane was given out forms with a code on it. Went on-line, entered the code, booking ref, last name, etc and got a code for every family member within 2 weeks. Filling out a paper form seems bizarre. Perhaps the SD should do the filing out and the pax should just get a ref code to follow up online.
I only received these prior to boarding. I receive the green forms on board.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
And those two J meals went to...
Two passengers who presumably were not ML*1.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two passengers who presumably were not ML*1.
Wait, you were denied J food (since, as expected, you were ML*1), and you were denied Y food... did you ask to pay for Y BOB or were you denied it outright?

Like did the SD try to assist or just said to you to go take a hike to a 7-eleven once you land?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Wait, you were denied J food (since, as expected, you were ML*1), and you were denied Y food... did you ask to pay for Y BOB or were you denied it outright?

Like did the SD try to assist or just said to you to go take a hike to a 7-eleven once you land?
She offered to sell Y BOB.

I can somewhat understand the policy that if you're in J and have a J meal, that Y food must be purchased. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

However, this wasn't a case where I wanted pizza instead of a J meal.

I just wanted food.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Well, I guess you were ML*.

Just paid and get a discount? For sure it'll offset the cost by way more.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
Elevate/escalate. Future service levels hinge on it. Let's stick together guys! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eugeniusz Bodo
Elevate/escalate. Future service levels hinge on it. Let's stick together guys! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
Oops. Partially my fault then.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:43 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i am a united 1K (UA*G). also i am a budget rent a car Chairman's Second Favorite Mistress (AC*S)

20december2019, yyz-yyc on a 767 flying J on a latitude pass/free upgrade

ife failed after many restarts, but power worked so i was able to watch some reruns of Supermarket Sweep on my laptop.

service director was on top of it, very attentive, trying to fix the situation, then apologized personally and handed out the Onboard Compensation Request forms (that have serial numbers) to everyone after restart attempt 3. it made me forget i was in canada.

errorplan is useless (to me) so i did not put in a FF on the form.

received an email yesterday, 3feb2020, cad75 e-voucher for 12 months

slow but not unacceptable reply time. happy with outcome.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:43 am
Suspended

Cab economy class passenger get green forms to fill out a complaint inflight ? Is crew reluctant to provide it ? Is it considered confrontational or seeking trouble by FAs if an

I guess that would depend if there was an earlier altercation or argument between the passenger or FA, FA might feel that pax us escalating by asking for a green form to make negative feedback about the said FA.

What about a coach passenger requesting green form to complain about non-working IFE ir headphone plug, non-loaded meals, or lack of lavatory water

Last edited by yulsee; Feb 5, 2020 at 2:54 am
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:05 am

These are not complaint forms. You do not fill them out. The crew fills them out.

There's no free-form text area. It's just checkboxes.

If you have a complaint, write in after the fact.

If something you paid for is missing/broken, that's what these forms deal with.
cur, Dolphin2, Adam Smith and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 1:26 pm

No IFE on a recent 787 flight. I had this error when trying to pull up the map; I guess movies were timing out too. It seem

ed be a bank of 3 seats impacted. I had the exact same seat on the next leg for that plane, so I guess they did a reboot. Got a comp form.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.