Wiki Posts
Search

AC Onboard Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

AC Onboard Compensation

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Wanted to reach out to you guys to test the reasonableness of this compensation offer. I recently completed a leisure trip to Europe in executive first on an eupgrade. Before the flight took off, two of the flight attendants bumped into each other, and the one carrying the pre departure drinks dropped the entire tray on to him, my pod, and my shoes/pants. They were very apologetic, weren't able to do much for the sticky pod(full flight)/clothes/shoes, and offered a green compensation form. I elected for miles, having complained once a long time ago and receiving a generous compensation offer. This time all that was provided was 1000 miles. This seems incredibly weak, all things considered.

Has anyone else dealt with something similar? What have you been offered for compensation? Any suggestions for better resolution?

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by cjavan
Long time lurker, first time poster...

Wanted to reach out to you guys to test the reasonableness of this compensation offer. I recently completed a leisure trip to Europe in executive first on an eupgrade. Before the flight took off, two of the flight attendants bumped into each other, and the one carrying the pre departure drinks dropped the entire tray on to him, my pod, and my shoes/pants. They were very apologetic, weren't able to do much for the sticky pod(full flight)/clothes/shoes, and offered a green compensation form. I elected for miles, having complained once a long time ago and receiving a generous compensation offer. This time all that was provided was 1000 miles. This seems incredibly weak, all things considered.

Has anyone else dealt with something similar? What have you been offered for compensation? Any suggestions for better resolution?

Thanks
i think you'll find the general consensus is that you would have either gotten the miles you did or a 5% discount code so if they credited you with an additional 1000 status miles than you probably got the better deal.

that said, i wouldn't expect much more than what you've been given
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE
I would argue that, at the very least, you should be compensated for the cleaning bill for your clothing. I don't know how likely this is to actually get paid, but I would send them a polite letter, along with copies of the recipts etc for getting everything cleaned properly, asking for adequate compensation for that.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Just to clarify. All that was provided was 1,000 miles - non-status.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:08 pm

escalate it
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
In the past 60 days I had a partially functioning J pod (seat wouldn't go flat with controls, had to be done manually) on a TPAC flight I rec'd 5000 AE points.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

I am. But I wonder what people would consider fair compensation, or have received in the past.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Dorian - I wonder if they discount for the fact that I used eupgrades for this flight. Also, a wet and sticky pod is way worse than manual operation in my opinion.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Something similar happened to me many years ago (i was AC E at the time), and they gave me a $250 voucher and some miles...
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:35 pm
alc

Originally Posted by cjavan
Dorian - I wonder if they discount for the fact that I used eupgrades for this flight. Also, a wet and sticky pod is way worse than manual operation in my opinion.
I have eUpgraded J POD that was not working for the entire flight and I got 5000 AEROPLAN.

As others had said, you should at least get the cleaning bill for your clothing. But question is, do you have your bill to send to Air Canada?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Itīs really quite telling of an airline when it offers a mediocre 1000 miles as compensation for a whole tray of sticky drinks being spilled on the pax.

IMO a good CS response would be to send a bottle of decent wine/champagne, an apology letter and some generous compensation (e.g. 15k miles or even some upgrade credits) - this would take care of the issue and actually leave a good impression.

IMO an acceptable response would be an automated response and some sort of compensation in the $100 range, e.g. a $100 travel voucher or 7500-10000miles.

1000miles compensation is just offensive IMO and would turn my opinion from "**** happens, bad luck" to "AC really sucks".
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I wonder if the green forms always give out standard compensation? Does AC know why you're sending it in or do they just chalk it up to another 'IFE not working', here's 1000 miles.

Once you're in Exec First, how you got there (paid, e-upgrades, LMU, Aeroplan) shouldn't matter. I would escalate this and get something meaningful. Posting to AC's toptier twitter or FB account might be a good option at this point.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:30 pm

2 months ago I got 3,000 miles for IFE unit not working on a 4 hour flight ( in J )

Green form, took 6 weeks to show up
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
1000 miles is insufficient. any airline worth its salt would go further esp for a J pax.

i had non-functioning AVOD on a YYZ-GRU flight and got 5000 miles.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Once I got $100 voucher for future travel just because they didn't have my vegetarian meal onboard (J Class). I didn't even have to say anything, the flight attendant came to me and apologize. I thought it was very good customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.