AC Onboard Compensation

Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
I am going to start complaining when the IFE is broken.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
These mysterious green forms... must you request them if you have an issue then?

Just ask the FA for a green compensation form?
I notice at times that crew are reluctant to offer one, so I always ask for one explicitly even if I think they might offer one.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: Several
A few weeks ago I was flying YYZ-YYC and my pod was completely dead. No lights, no IFE, no recline, no ports to charge. Flight was oversold and they bumped some people up to J. The air hostess apologized that there was nowhere for me to move to but they might have to separate someone in the J cabin so I can have a working seat. I refused and told her not to worry about it. Now for the best part. The young lady seated in the pod behind me was on her mobile talking to a friend. She and her newlywed husband were flying home from their honeymoon. She was almost hysterical as she was telling her friend that she and her husband got bumped up to 'First Class' - she was soooo excited and that made my day. There was no way I was going to allow the air hostess to swap her seat with mine. I offered to use her mobile to snap some photo's of her and her husband and they were thrilled. That made my flight.

The air hostess did give me a green paper and asked if I wanted miles or dollars. I said dollars as I was curious to see what they would offer and it's hard enough spending these million miles with Aeroplan as it is. A week later I never heard anything and I suspected it never got processed because I could not read the writing on my portion of the green slip so I am sure they could not read the other copy. The seat number was not legible. So quickly contacted AC and they said to fax in my information and the green slip. I always get a chuckle at this request because I am still surprised that FAX machines exist in this day and age and that some businesses insist on using them. But I faxed in my information. 1 week later I received a letter from AC and $150.00 credit.

I rang AC today to book a flight and use the $150.00 credit - in about 3 minutes the transaction was complete. Super easy and a nice little price reduction is always appreciated.

I should mention that the instructions on the letter were that should I wish to book online I had to pay full price then submit a request for the credit to be paid back within 90 days of completing my flight - very odd. It said to ring for service and it could be applied immediately and that is the process I followed.

Oh - one more thing to mention! I rang AC at approximately 10:30 this morning and the message indicated my hold time would be...... get ready for this.....yes I was shocked when I heard it.... 3 to 6 minutes. I was on hold approximately 2 minutes and the agent was absolutely delightful to work with.

You have to love a sweet surprise!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by WestonC
A few weeks ago I was flying YYZ-YYC and my pod was completely dead. No lights, no IFE, no recline, no ports to charge. Flight was oversold and they bumped some people up to J. The air hostess apologized that there was nowhere for me to move to but they might have to separate someone in the J cabin so I can have a working seat. I refused and told her not to worry about it. Now for the best part. The young lady seated in the pod behind me was on her mobile talking to a friend. She and her newlywed husband were flying home from their honeymoon. She was almost hysterical as she was telling her friend that she and her husband got bumped up to 'First Class' - she was soooo excited and that made my day. There was no way I was going to allow the air hostess to swap her seat with mine. I offered to use her mobile to snap some photo's of her and her husband and they were thrilled. That made my flight.

The air hostess did give me a green paper and asked if I wanted miles or dollars. I said dollars as I was curious to see what they would offer and it's hard enough spending these million miles with Aeroplan as it is. A week later I never heard anything and I suspected it never got processed because I could not read the writing on my portion of the green slip so I am sure they could not read the other copy. The seat number was not legible. So quickly contacted AC and they said to fax in my information and the green slip. I always get a chuckle at this request because I am still surprised that FAX machines exist in this day and age and that some businesses insist on using them. But I faxed in my information. 1 week later I received a letter from AC and $150.00 credit.

I rang AC today to book a flight and use the $150.00 credit - in about 3 minutes the transaction was complete. Super easy and a nice little price reduction is always appreciated.

I should mention that the instructions on the letter were that should I wish to book online I had to pay full price then submit a request for the credit to be paid back within 90 days of completing my flight - very odd. It said to ring for service and it could be applied immediately and that is the process I followed.

Oh - one more thing to mention! I rang AC at approximately 10:30 this morning and the message indicated my hold time would be...... get ready for this.....yes I was shocked when I heard it.... 3 to 6 minutes. I was on hold approximately 2 minutes and the agent was absolutely delightful to work with.

You have to love a sweet surprise!
Good story and good for you for not bumping them ^
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by WestonC
I refused and told her not to worry about it. Now for the best part. The young lady seated in the pod behind me was on her mobile talking to a friend. She and her newlywed husband were flying home from their honeymoon. She was almost hysterical as she was telling her friend that she and her husband got bumped up to 'First Class' - she was soooo excited and that made my day. There was no way I was going to allow the air hostess to swap her seat with mine. I offered to use her mobile to snap some photo's of her and her husband and they were thrilled. !
Sweet karma dude. I'm sure some is on its way.^

Lorna
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Gold, DL PM, WS Plat, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I flew LHR-YYC a few weeks ago and my IFE didn't work despite several resets. I was given the white business card-style compensation card, which has an online address at which to go fill out the details.

I tried a few times in the days immediately following the incident and it kept telling me my claim number wasn't valid. I thought maybe their system hadn't been updated and it needed a bit of time to show up, but it still doesn't work. Has anyone else had this happen and, if so, how was it resolved?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I posted this a couple of weeks ago.

Just resolved this and someone "higher up" in the Exec office left me a voicemail and a working code. AC is back in my good graces again.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...e-avenues.html

Originally Posted by adam.smith
I flew LHR-YYC a few weeks ago and my IFE didn't work despite several resets. I was given the white business card-style compensation card, which has an online address at which to go fill out the details.

I tried a few times in the days immediately following the incident and it kept telling me my claim number wasn't valid. I thought maybe their system hadn't been updated and it needed a bit of time to show up, but it still doesn't work. Has anyone else had this happen and, if so, how was it resolved?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
I remember back in December 2011 I was on 872 YYZ FRA and after meal service in J, as we were about to approach the pond the moving map on my IFE went from "Toronto -> Frankfurt" to "Toronto -> Toronto".

Uh oh.

Some sort of faulty part warning and pilots made the decision to go all the way back to YYZ.

We all got a claim form. My code never worked. I guess I should have said something here on FT.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I have had non-functional codes on more than one occasion. Always sorted the issue out by calling in to AC who said they needed marketing to reissue the code The Resource Desk had to get involved but it was taken care of in a telephone call.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I remember back in December 2011 I was on 872 YYZ FRA and after meal service in J, as we were about to approach the pond the moving map on my IFE went from "Toronto -> Frankfurt" to "Toronto -> Toronto".

Uh oh.

Some sort of faulty part warning and pilots made the decision to go all the way back to YYZ.

We all got a claim form. My code never worked. I guess I should have said something here on FT.
Maybe we were on the same flight or this stuff happens somewhat regularly. I was on AC872 (IIRC) sometime in the winter of 2011/2012 and exactly the same happened (IIRC an engine was causing issues and needed to be shut down). As a SE pax seated in J I was given a $250 MCO, but only after complaining to CS.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Nov 11, 2015 at 12:15 am
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Maybe we were on the same flight or this stuff happens somewhat regularly. I was on AC872 (IIRC) sometime in the winter of 2011/2012 and exactly the same happened (IIRC an egine was causing issues and needed to be sut down). As a SE pax seated in J I was given a $250 MCO, but only after complaining to CS.
We were on different flights.
We still had our engines all running.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: AC E50K; *G; VIPorter Priority; HHonors Gold; Fairmont President's Club Premier; Nexus
This summer, I was booked on a Porter flight from YOW to YQT. There was fog or something at Billy Bishop and so my flight was delayed and then delayed again. I cancelled my Porter flight for a full refund and got on the next AC flight which had no delays because there were no issues at YYZ. Porter sent me a voucher for $50 off of a future ticket. It was unexpected but appreciated. I wasn't upset with Porter because it was a weather issue.

I've had the exact same thing happen but with AC on multiple occasions and never received anything. I guess some airlines are more eager to please and build loyalty.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive Club, Asia Miles
A couple years back both my wife and I had the same problem with our IFE and were given the cards with codes.

I promptly went online with both. My wife got $100 credit....I got nothing! At first I assumed mine would be coming shortly after....unfortunately I pulled a rookie mistake and threw BOTH cards away once my wife's credit came through and so had nothing to prove that they 'owed' me...moral of the story - hold on to your paper trail!

On a similar note - last time flying LHR - YVR (on BA) there was an empty seat beside me so my dad came and sat beside me, and the IFE wasn't working. He reported it and after they couldn't fix it the head FA came by with an iPad and promptly gave him 5,000 Avios (he had the option for $50 e-cert). Even as she was doing it she noted it wasn't his seat, but by that time said 'well we're sorry we had to disturb you anyways...'
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: SE100K - Air Canada, WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by islandcub1
I am going to start complaining when the IFE is broken.
In Y they usually do not care. In J, the white form is often distributed.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: AC E50K; *G; VIPorter Priority; HHonors Gold; Fairmont President's Club Premier; Nexus
I'm flying YOW to YYZ this afternoon. Just got an email from AC with a link to this webpage. http://www.aircanada.com/en/flights/ife2000.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.