AC Onboard Compensation

Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:01 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Posts: 3,568
Question does AC follow up on complaints?

Curious to know why/who revived this 3-year old thread?

IME, the green cards are so passe. Haven't seen one in years.

Now, its all electronic. Contact customer service after your flight and - voila - a gift card/code arrives via snail mail along with a note, acknowledging AC did not meet expectations.

I asked the FA (EWR-YUL) about how AC follows up on IFE failures? She included it in her post flight paperwork - but - did the aircraft go in for overnight repair? I have my doubts............
Antonio8069 is offline  
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:21 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto - YYZ
Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Posts: 5,895
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Curious to know why/who revived this 3-year old thread?

IME, the green cards are so passe. Haven't seen one in years.

Now, its all electronic. Contact customer service after your flight and - voila - a gift card/code arrives via snail mail along with a note, acknowledging AC did not meet expectations.

I asked the FA (EWR-YUL) about how AC follows up on IFE failures? She included it in her post flight paperwork - but - did the aircraft go in for overnight repair? I have my doubts............
Format has not changed from our perspective. Green Cards (which were actually blue) are now white and address IFE service failures. All other issues (seat
functionality, SPML shortages, dry cleaning, etc.) are submitted via a green sheet.
Maintenance log entries for IFE issues are made, and where ground support exists, a datalink message is sent ahead for the flight to be met. Thales technicians will also routinely meet flights at various stations throughout the system regardless to inquire about the IFE performance.
ACYYZ/SD is offline  
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:32 am
  #78  
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE MM, FB Gold, DL PM, WS Plat, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Posts: 16,481
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Curious to know why/who revived this 3-year old thread?
Then read the posts.

IME, the green cards are so passe. Haven't seen one in years.

Now, its all electronic. Contact customer service after your flight and - voila - a gift card/code arrives via snail mail along with a note, acknowledging AC did not meet expectations.
That's not correct. I, for one, was handed a white card with instructions to go fill something out online and a claim number just three weeks ago.
Adam Smith is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:28 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 2,329
How long does it take to receive something for "green form" onboard compensation

Any experience on how long it typically takes to receive compensation for an issue on board that was documented by the SD via the green compensation form?

Had a trip to Europe in paid J (Z fare) where both seats had issues (one of the issues being no recline). Any idea on how long it typically takes to hear back on this? The reference stub says if you don't hear anything back in 60 days, contact AC, but just wondering what the typical timeframe would be.
gcashin is online now  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:02 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by gcashin
Any experience on how long it typically takes to receive compensation for an issue on board that was documented by the SD via the green compensation form?

Had a trip to Europe in paid J (Z fare) where both seats had issues (one of the issues being no recline). Any idea on how long it typically takes to hear back on this? The reference stub says if you don't hear anything back in 60 days, contact AC, but just wondering what the typical timeframe would be.
You stayed in a non-working seat?

I had a seat that recline didn't work. SD kept trying to reboot as I was asking to deplane to take the next flight as the cabin was full. After I became really insistent they moved a non-rev so I could get a working seat and sleep.
pprrff is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:21 am
  #81  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 35,223
Originally Posted by gcashin
Any experience on how long it typically takes to receive compensation for an issue on board that was documented by the SD via the green compensation form?

Had a trip to Europe in paid J (Z fare) where both seats had issues (one of the issues being no recline). Any idea on how long it typically takes to hear back on this? The reference stub says if you don't hear anything back in 60 days, contact AC, but just wondering what the typical timeframe would be.
After I receive the green form stub it usually takes eight weeks or so for a letter to arrive in the mail with an eMCO dollar figure to be used on future travel.

By the time it arrives, I typically have already forgotten about the subject flight, since the wait is so long.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:45 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 2,329
Originally Posted by yyznomad
After I receive the green form stub it usually takes eight weeks or so for a letter to arrive in the mail with an eMCO dollar figure to be used on future travel.

By the time it arrives, I typically have already forgotten about the subject flight, since the wait is so long.
Thanks for the info. Flight was about 2 weeks ago, and was looking at an AC flight for an upcoming trip and wondering whether I should wait a few days to see if something shows up in my inbox. Based on your experience, sounds like I shouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Unfortunate AC doesn't have a quicker/better system in place than paper forms and mailing out letters several weeks later.
gcashin is online now  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:35 pm
  #83  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Posts: 44,006
Originally Posted by pprrff
You stayed in a non-working seat?

I had a seat that recline didn't work. SD kept trying to reboot as I was asking to deplane to take the next flight as the cabin was full. After I became really insistent they moved a non-rev so I could get a working seat and sleep.
How was that not their FIRST suggestion?

I had a rude guy in a suit make fun of me for testing my seat on the ground once. He said nothing could be done if it were broken, so there was no point in testing it. I said they'd downgrade someone else. He said no way in hell.

I saw a seat swap on my YVR-HKG to put whom I assumed was a revenue passenger in a working seat, and moved someone else into her non-working seat.

Always test your seat, and always stand your ground.

There's almost certainly going to be a non-rev, or a gate upgrade, or a standby passenger, whom they can downgrade to accommodate you.
canadiancow is online now  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:53 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YQR
Posts: 2,723
Originally Posted by gcashin
Any experience on how long it typically takes to receive compensation for an issue on board that was documented by the SD via the green compensation form?

Had a trip to Europe in paid J (Z fare) where both seats had issues (one of the issues being no recline). Any idea on how long it typically takes to hear back on this? The reference stub says if you don't hear anything back in 60 days, contact AC, but just wondering what the typical timeframe would be.
I flew June 14th and received an email with compensation July 5th. They gave me $50 for there being no meals loaded on the flight in J.
arf04 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:02 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 2,329
Originally Posted by pprrff
You stayed in a non-working seat?

I had a seat that recline didn't work. SD kept trying to reboot as I was asking to deplane to take the next flight as the cabin was full. After I became really insistent they moved a non-rev so I could get a working seat and sleep.
Didn't realize the issue until a bit into the flight. Short answer is there were 2 seats with issues, and one empty seat.

Originally Posted by arf04
I flew June 14th and received an email with compensation July 5th. They gave me $50 for there being no meals loaded on the flight in J.
Thanks for the data point.
gcashin is online now  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:07 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: トロント
Programs: IHG Gold
Posts: 4,807
Originally Posted by arf04
I flew June 14th and received an email with compensation July 5th. They gave me $50 for there being no meals loaded on the flight in J.
What was the flight routing? I would be pretty ticked off if it was a long flight.
mapleg is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:54 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Providence RI
Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Posts: 988
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I had a rude guy in a suit make fun of me for testing my seat on the ground once. He said nothing could be done if it were broken, so there was no point in testing it. I said they'd downgrade someone else. He said no way in hell.
I was moved once because I was upgraded to J. Some ladies seat didn't have an IFE that was working, they wanted me to go back to steerage/economy so she could sit in mine. I said, I will take her seat without the IFE. Then, her husband got all ticked off, seems like he wanted the 2 seats to himself. I took the one without the IFE, stayed in J and slept.

I assumed it was how they handled it all the time.

As an aside some (obviously rich) guy on the BA boards is looking for 8000 GBP as compensation for an FA spilling a tray of drinks on his Hermes shoes and bag, whilst sitting in J. He is not getting a ton of sympathy. I wouldn't want to work in the complaints department of any airline.

Last edited by The smallest state; Jul 12, 2017 at 5:03 pm
The smallest state is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:00 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YQR
Posts: 2,723
Originally Posted by mapleg
What was the flight routing? I would be pretty ticked off if it was a long flight.
It was YQR-YYZ. The FA was very apologetic and was generously handing out as many snacks as he could. I never eat on those flights so it didn't matter to me, which is what I told him, but he wanted everyone to fill out the form and return it to him. He was quite ticked with catering.
arf04 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:59 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: トロント
Programs: IHG Gold
Posts: 4,807
Originally Posted by The smallest state
I was moved once because I was upgraded to J. Some ladies seat didn't have an IFE that was working, they wanted me to go back to steerage/economy so she could sit in mine. I said, I will take her seat without the IFE. Then, her husband got all ticked off, seems like he wanted the 2 seats to himself. I took the one without the IFE, stayed in J and slept.

I assumed it was how they handled it all the time.

As an aside some (obviously rich) guy on the BA boards is looking for 8000 GBP as compensation for an FA spilling a tray of drinks on his Hermes shoes and bag, whilst sitting in J. He is not getting a ton of sympathy. I wouldn't want to work in the complaints department of any airline.

Wow. A real DYKWIA--wanting you kicked out of an upgrade due to the IFE and hubby sounds like a dog in the manger type.

Maybe I will check out that BA topic. I glanced at it earlier and figured the guy was in for it.
mapleg is offline  
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:40 pm
  #90  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Posts: 44,006
Originally Posted by arf04
It was YQR-YYZ. The FA was very apologetic and was generously handing out as many snacks as he could. I never eat on those flights so it didn't matter to me, which is what I told him, but he wanted everyone to fill out the form and return it to him. He was quite ticked with catering.
Wow. When @philelite and I were flying YXE-YYZ due to IRROPS, we were denied Y food. 5 J pax and 2 meals.

It never occurred to me to write in for compensation or ask for a green form.
canadiancow is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.