Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Super Elite
Just reached SE for the first time. I noticed that there are two phone numbers: "Air Canada" and "Concierge". When should I use the AC number vs. the Concierge number? And, same question for the two support email addresses.

Is concierge able to help with Aeroplan issues, or do those still need to go through the regular Aeroplan call centre?

Any other tips or useful knowledge for a first-timer?

Thanks!
​​​​​
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JordanK
Just reached SE for the first time. I noticed that there are two phone numbers: "Air Canada" and "Concierge". When should I use the AC number vs. the Concierge number? And, same question for the two support email addresses.

Is concierge able to help with Aeroplan issues, or do those still need to go through the regular Aeroplan call centre?

Any other tips or useful knowledge for a first-timer?

Thanks!
​​​​​
As a general rule (with exceptions), Concierges help if your flight is within 24 hrs. Normally your call will get routed to the AC SE line if your flight is further than 24hrs.
Aeroplan for all Aeroplan flight bookings, account info stuff. Concierges will help with a AE ticket but within 24hrs.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
YYZ Black Box hours

I think this is the correct thread for this... (?)
Anyone know current YYZ Black Box hours?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Super Elite
Here's a weird question. When I use the AC mobile app and click the "Email" button for the SE e-mail, and send the email, it works and they process the email.

When I sent an email from my personal computer, I received an "Automatic Reply" that said:

Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, we’re unable to handle your request by email.
And gave me the Concierge and Aeroplan phone numbers to call. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 20, 2022 at 8:10 pm Reason: Remove non-public information
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Diamond
I just had the identical situation (automated cannot help you via email response). Then 24 hours later received a response to my email, with a CAS #, and a follow up response to resolve the issue a few hours later that day.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by Burgertime
I just had the identical situation (automated cannot help you via email response). Then 24 hours later received a response to my email, with a CAS #, and a follow up response to resolve the issue a few hours later that day.
I seem to be following this script. Sent an email yesterday, got the automated "LOL we don't do email here" response. Just now, about 20 hours later, got a "an Air Canada representative will get back to you as soon as possible" message with a case number.

If this is the case, maybe that automated email should be rewritten to say words to the effect of "We'll get back to you soon -- if this is about a particular booking, do one of these things to get help now."

ETA: Like JordanK, this happened when I sent an email from my computer, not by directly clinking on the SE email link in the app. Maybe it sorts emails based on the "expected" subject line that the app pre-populates?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
I am going to give a contrary experience to many in this thread. If the question is: "What exactly/can does the AC concierge do?" Then the answer is: not much lately. Closed their office early in YYZ the other night. Don't answer the phone. They don't have a mechanism for leaving a message and getting a call back. Basically unless you happen to be landside or willing to go back through security, and can visit their office personally, they are nonexistent/unavailable/useless. If anybody is thinking of mitigating the pain of YYZ via concierge services, I would have to say, don't count on it. And when I could speak to somebody, it was pretty clear that they knew less than the kids that replaced the experienced people a few years back. Pretty awful.

Bottom line: the concierge team is melting down as much as everything else at YYZ.

The other feedback I would have, which I did give to the conierge: is that under the present circumstances, unless you absolutely have to travel (for work), don't. Just use Zoom. I know many of us will hate that after 2.5 years of the pandemic, but really I just can't see traveling (via YYZ) on a regular basis until they get things sorted out. The failures are comprehensive. Personally, I will be doing my best to not travel until September/October. It really is that bad.
BlondeBomber, Wings100 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by ridefar
I am going to give a contrary experience to many in this thread. If the question is: "What exactly/can does the AC concierge do?" Then the answer is: not much lately. Closed their office early in YYZ the other night. Don't answer the phone. They don't have a mechanism for leaving a message and getting a call back. Basically unless you happen to be landside or willing to go back through security, and can visit their office personally, they are nonexistent/unavailable/useless. If anybody is thinking of mitigating the pain of YYZ via concierge services, I would have to say, don't count on it. And when I could speak to somebody, it was pretty clear that they knew less than the kids that replaced the experienced people a few years back. Pretty awful.

Bottom line: the concierge team is melting down as much as everything else at YYZ.

The other feedback I would have, which I did give to the conierge: is that under the present circumstances, unless you absolutely have to travel (for work), don't. Just use Zoom. I know many of us will hate that after 2.5 years of the pandemic, but really I just can't see traveling (via YYZ) on a regular basis until they get things sorted out. The failures are comprehensive. Personally, I will be doing my best to not travel until September/October. It really is that bad.
Yup...I'm still travelling weekly through YYZ and it is tough. It is now also a case of delayed flights because the previous flight didn't leave yet...so the gate is still occupied

It is rough
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:39 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ridefar

My experience with the YYZ concierge the last few times I dealt with them in the past month is the complete opposite. Each time they were attentive and competent. So it's interesting that your interaction was so different. But totally agree re YYZ it is a dumpster fire right now.
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Hello / Bonjour,

Thank you for contacting the Air Canada Concierge desk.

We are currently experiencing a higher volume of communication then usual during this time. Our most sincere apologies in advance that our response time may be longer than normal and we thank you for your patience.

Our usual turn around time is within 72h of reception of your communication.

Should you required immediate assistance, please contact us directly by phone.

We kindly appreciate your loyalty and patience.

Air Canada
Concierge Desk / Bureau Concierge
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
It doesn't help that there is a glitch in the system right now. My priority contacts tell me to contact the concierge for all Aeroplan matters. I had to call in and mentioned it to the concierge who answered and wondered why I called the concierge for an Aeroplan matter. I read out exactly what it said and he said that was wrong and he would look into it.

Aeroplan Contact Centre

For all Aeroplan inquiries, please contact the Air Canada Concierge using the numbers provided.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Good luck getting one on the phone - they are indeed overwhelmed. I had 5 flights this week, most of them were either significantly delayed or cancelled and required re-booking. Waited over 30 mins to speak with someone - one time I was given an option to press 1 and be transferred to SE Desk, which picked up in less than a minute ?

That being the case, the Concierge at YYZ (who I never actually spoke with) saved my bacon on Wednesday night on my connection from YVR-YYZ-LGA. Flights were being cancelled left right & center (including my original after being delayed 6 separate times). Last flight out was already boarded, but also delayed from departure. Gate Agent (who had no idea what he was doing) would not let anyone on (despite there being seats open on the flight). The Concierge called him and I was able to get on the flight ! Once onboard, I mentioned to the In Charge that there were still people trying to get on while we were delayed at the gate (for almost 2 hours), He advised the Captain, who left the plane to see what he could do. 20 minutes later 3 others (the last of the group unwilling to leave gate area) were allowed on.

Thank you YYZ Concierge.

CC
expert7700, anishm, YULRvR and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE (P); Marriott Plat; Accor Plat; KQ Plat
I had a series of major disruptions this week; couldn’t reach out by phone; but concierge desk by email response time was closer to 30min than 72h.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My email from the 23rd still hasn't been addressed.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE (P); Marriott Plat; Accor Plat; KQ Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My email from the 23rd still hasn't been addressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.