Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Plumber
Anyone using the Conceirge office lately?

I assume they can print my BPs and I can skip the check in area all together. Is that still accurate?

If you have used them lately , are they understaffed ? Or over staffed? Is the office even open?
Based on what I saw in YYC and YVR a couple weeks ago (and talking to one of the YYC concierges), the offices are open, but at reduced staffing and reduced hours. YYC concierges were starting at 9AM (previously 6AM), and fewer of them around. The YVR concierge office was closed at 7PM or so when I went by there.

They can still do all of the usual things, and usually they're not busy, but with fewer of them around the airport, it may be harder to get one when you're needed.
​​​​​​
Although as ridefar pointed out, the 1-800 number seems to be well staffed at the moment.
Plumber likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:57 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Also agree about the 800 number.

I was changing a rez last week and accidentally got connected to a concierge instead of Rez. (At least, I think that's what happened since it appears my current dialing strings for the Concierge and Rez need updating for some reason due to AC IVR changes.)

Anyway, she was more than happy to process the change and said she wasn't all that busy. This was on a Wednesday evening around 19:00 PT.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I was changing a rez last week and accidentally got connected to a concierge instead of Rez. (At least, I think that's what happened since it appears my current dialing strings for the Concierge and Rez need updating for some reason due to AC IVR changes.)
Agree and happened to me couple times in the past month. Could be due to reduced call center staff and SEs directed to concierge even if it you aren't flying same day.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
This happened to be yesterday when rebooking a canceled itinerary. I wasn't sure if it was my fault though because I was distracted when they asked me to press 1 or 2 based on whether I was flying that day. I didn't enter anything and ended up getting kicked to the concierge who made the changes, though she had to put me on hold for a while to get someone in ticketing to finalize.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:28 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I popped in to the YYC office this morning. Their hours have improved recently, now 0500-1930. So back to normal in the morning, but still closing a bit earlier than usual.

They're still not very busy. Barb said they're still getting used to using Amadeus post-DCS transition - they're not getting a ton of practice given the reduced staffing and low passenger volumes. But they should be able to do all the usual stuff.
Nitehawk and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:15 pm

YUL concierge office is back to running normal hours (0500-2135). Not very busy, so staffing is very light.
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I popped in to the YYC office this morning. Their hours have improved recently, now 0500-1930. So back to normal in the morning, but still closing a bit earlier than usual.

They're still not very busy. Barb said they're still getting used to using Amadeus post-DCS transition - they're not getting a ton of practice given the reduced staffing and low passenger volumes. But they should be able to do all the usual stuff.
Good to hear she is still working. She is one of the good ones. Great lady with a good heart.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 12:11 pm

Saw Chris at YYC this morning. Alana will be back next week. Anthony is gone for a while, and Maggie took a leave of absence for a few months.

YVR concierge office was locked at 11AM. An agent at the SE check-in desk said the regular office is closed, but they have another office somewhere else, but she didn't know where it was. She said I should e-mail if I needed a concierge. I needed to get going to lunch, so I'll see whether I can figure that out tonight.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 4:11 pm

True story. My son sold my wife's bike (she doesn't use it anymore). It was bought by an AC Concierge. They figured that out while talking.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I received this email yesterday (prior to my SDC), unprompted, along with two attached images.

Hello/Bonjour Mr. Kennedy,

I hope this email finds you well.
I see that you have a reservation on AC128 to Toronto tomorrow at 2330.
Due to the Domestic Terminal closure at YVR, our Concierge Office is temporary closed until further notice. All Super Elite/Premium check-in is done in the International building and all passengers are required to go to the Domestic C security. All Maple Leaf lounges are also temporary closed until further notice.

As of April 20, 2020 per Transport Canada, all passengers travelling on board any aircraft must provide their own and wear a mask/face covering.

A quick temperature check will be conducted upon entering C security.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact the Concierge Desk at
1-***-***-****

Thank you very much for your understanding and moreover, your loyalty to Air Canada.

Best Regards,
[name redacted].

Air Canada Concierge Vancouver

Bohemian1 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Saw Chris at YYC this morning. Alana will be back next week. Anthony is gone for a while, and Maggie took a leave of absence for a few months.

YVR concierge office was locked at 11AM. An agent at the SE check-in desk said the regular office is closed, but they have another office somewhere else, but she didn't know where it was. She said I should e-mail if I needed a concierge. I needed to get going to lunch, so I'll see whether I can figure that out tonight.
Nick is also back at YYC, Anna never left AFAIK. Barb also complained about Amadeus

I missed checking this thread. From what I know there were only ~30 Concierge working at the "peak" of the pandemic. Lots working from home. Got connected a few times instead of to reservations. Have seen them around at gates now (actually even on my flights in June). Today checked in at Concierge in YYZ - very friendly and helpful - and saw a concierge at the gate for YYZ-YUL - a nice gesture. I have a feeling the MLL was staffed by Concierge too but the Plexiglas makes it hard to see... LHR concierge in June was just awful though, more concerned about small talk with the contracted colleagues than with providing service.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Nick is also back at YYC
Great
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Due to the Domestic Terminal closure at YVR, our Concierge Office is temporary closed until further notice.
No wonder I couldn't find it

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Great
Not a fan?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:25 pm

He told me to call reservations for a rebooking when I misconnected. Like what is his job exact? The wonderful MLL agent Heather helped me instead.

I misconnected by about 60 seconds. They could have held the flight and still arrived on time. If, you know, the concierge had called the gate and told them I'd be about a minute late.

And that should be proactive. But I sent an email.

He's also the guy who years later said he won't help at all with "Earn Your Wings tickets".
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Interesting experience moments ago at YYZ. I was waiting to board AC8651 to YXU in the below-ground section of the D gates and a concierge sought me out, greeted me by name and said she just wanted to let me know the concierge team was still there to help and that the lounge was open again.

Of course I had just come from the lounge but it was a lovely greeting nonetheless. She left the area after our exchange.

Has anyone else had this experience? I’m an SE but not particularly special otherwise.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.