Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Asking for some intervention for a shower would have seemed strange to me, but 2 times recently I couldn't get one at YYZ when I was really quite desperate for one. Perhaps now I'll consider that tactic.
I
What about the unfortunate person who gets bumped from their arranged shower and potentially doesn't get one? Is there really a more important and legitimate need there such that one asks a concierge to intervene?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by mathemagic
What about the unfortunate person who gets bumped from their arranged shower and potentially doesn't get one? Is there really a more important and legitimate need there such that one asks a concierge to intervene?
We are entitled to our entitlements.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:32 pm

It may happen all the time and you don’t know. I do go up and ask when taking so long when I knew was next in line and is alway excused on basis no one to clean. But......😊

Life is too short for paranoia like that.

What with disappearing ice creams and jumped shower queues travel is going to be even harder if one has to sit fuming because someone got something you didn’t.

Most flights I am on are met by concierges - & virtually never for me. I just thank my lucky stars it’s not me running that day, being rebooked, getting a hotel voucher or needing a buggy.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
I always request an extra blanket via Concierge due to deflating seats

I also ask to be protected on later flights if it looks like I will miss my connection

My requests are always polite and done over email because there are times when the phone line is never answered and the lounge agents can do very little to assist

24left likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Is it because I am more important and have more legitimate needs than other pax that I get to jump most queues at the airport or get asked for my meal choice on board before others, or are these just benefits the airline chooses to give me that I'd be crazy to say no to?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by RangerNS
We are entitled to our entitlements.
Bumping a passenger from the plane is a published SE benefit.
Bumping a passenger from the shower I haven't seen published.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
While trying to request our final EYW upgrade, Mr. Bovine discovered he was short 4 eUps.

The problem, of course, is that he'd already upgraded a segment on that PNR, so I couldn't just jump in and do it from my account.

He will hit an eUp threshold such that the eUps will post before flight departure. However, we're obviously within the 14 day window, and the threshold flights are in 6 or 7 days, meaning I don't expect the eUps to post until 2 or 3 days before the flight.

I'd read reports of people borrowing a credit or two from the concierge, so I thought I'd send an email. I thought this was more reasonable than some requests I've heard about ("I want to upgrade the flight that will earn me the upgrades"), but request denied.

It's a Sunday 0620 YYC-YVR though, and I have an EF alert set for "R less than 9". I have a backup in mind (split a PNR he upgraded for 2*5 credits, and each do our own there), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's R9 right up to departure.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
While trying to request our final EYW upgrade, Mr. Bovine discovered he was short 4 eUps.

The problem, of course, is that he'd already upgraded a segment on that PNR, so I couldn't just jump in and do it from my account.

He will hit an eUp threshold such that the eUps will post before flight departure. However, we're obviously within the 14 day window, and the threshold flights are in 6 or 7 days, meaning I don't expect the eUps to post until 2 or 3 days before the flight.

I'd read reports of people borrowing a credit or two from the concierge, so I thought I'd send an email. I thought this was more reasonable than some requests I've heard about ("I want to upgrade the flight that will earn me the upgrades"), but request denied.

It's a Sunday 0620 YYC-YVR though, and I have an EF alert set for "R less than 9". I have a backup in mind (split a PNR he upgraded for 2*5 credits, and each do our own there), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's R9 right up to departure.
We used to be able to borrow some eUp credits first (I was a lucky recipient of such goodwill gesture), but it's been reported that is no longer possible since many months ago. Concierge agents were told not to do that anymore by senior management (and this was when Ben Smith was still with AC). Some people may have abused the goodwill which ruined it for the rest of us.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I asked that question recently, but it was a case of the outbound flight earning the credits (already upgraded). The return was 3 days later, so the credits wouldn't post in time (and the flight was R3 at the time of request).
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by JordanYVR
I asked that question recently, but it was a case of the outbound flight earning the credits (already upgraded). The return was 3 days later, so the credits wouldn't post in time (and the flight was R3 at the time of request).
Yeah that's why I thought mine might be "easier" to accommodate. He will have the credits before the flight, but not at the 14 day window.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:54 pm

SFO hired a few more, so they're up to 6, which is 2 more than ever before, and 3-4 more than the past few years.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
YUL concierge has now achieved new levels of absurdity. Like Kafka-esque absurdity. I have tried to find or call and speak to a concierge in YUL a couple dozen times over the years. And never had any luck. Invisible and inaudible. What is the opposite of omnipresent? And just now one shows up on a plane I had already boarded and insisted that I wanted to talk to her. She wouldn’t say why. She had a boarding pass with my name and seat (which was not an upgrade and assigned days ago at booking). So now I know they exist. I still don’t know why or what they do in YUL. Maybe they were going through voice mails from a few years ago.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've only used YUL concierge a couple of times, I think. Once they did a great job of arranging a small birthday cake for someone (although YYC concierge and I phoned them about this). The other was just a couple months ago when a poorly timed rainstorm delayed me on my way to the airport and I asked them to let the gate know I was on my way, no checked bags, etc but might be close to the cut-off. Despite concierge supposedly telling them, the gate was paging me and threatening to offload me well before cut-off. I'm not sure whether to blame the concierge for communicating ineffectively or the GA for just being a jerk. Probably was her last flight of the night and she wanted to get home.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:25 am

1030 YYC-SFO, delayed to 1100.

At 1008, right when my bin was about to go through the xray, I noticed my phone ringing with "private number". I couldn't grab it in time.

It was a call from the concierge. This is the voicemail transcript, slightly edited to fix typos.

Good morning, Mr. Kennedy. My name is Chris. I'm concierge in Calgary and I got the call from the gate agent. They just wondering if you coming because they don't see you through security yet. So your flight leaving at 11:00 this morning and departure will gate 92 and your flight is delayed half an hour so 11:00 departure e92. Thank you.
So the concierge called me at T-52. The GA called him before that.

If we wonder why it's hard to find a concierge, maybe they should stop getting called by GAs about SEs who aren't through security at T-52.
YYT82 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
1030 YYC-SFO, delayed to 1100.

At 1008, right when my bin was about to go through the xray, I noticed my phone ringing with "private number". I couldn't grab it in time.

It was a call from the concierge. This is the voicemail transcript, slightly edited to fix typos.

So the concierge called me at T-52. The GA called him before that.

If we wonder why it's hard to find a concierge, maybe they should stop getting called by GAs about SEs who aren't through security at T-52.
At Canadian non-hub airports (so that's any Canadian airport not coded YYZ/YUL/YVR), I clear security at T-35 or less. I agree that GAs calling concierge about SEs at T-40 or more is a waste of resources. Besides, often times concierge agents are already monitoring whether SEs are through security.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.