Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YYT82
At Canadian non-hub airports (so that's any Canadian airport not coded YYZ/YUL/YVR)
Actually, those are the major hubs. Either that or you forgot to include YYC in your list, since AC also calls it a hub
Old Dec 11, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
As a new SE, wouldn't mind some input on this.

When it comes to cancelled flights or delays impacting connections, should I call the SE reservations number or the concierge number (or does it matter?)

And on a side note, do people have better luck calling the central concierge line, or calling individual airports' concierge offices?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Given normal wait times (i.e. not right now), for anything 3+ hours out, I'd probably call reservations. Res agents, in my experience, are much more willing to overbook a flight to put you on it after a cancellation. Concierges seem to want to stick with positive space.

For anything imminent ("my flight 4 hours from now was cancelled but there's one leaving in 70 minutes that would work"), you're better off with a concierge who can rebook you and check you in.

Individual airport phone numbers are no longer distributed, so the central line is your only option.
folkart likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:01 pm

Thank you, canadiancow!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:03 pm

I guess my more general answer would be "does it require access to an airport system?"

If yes, call the concierge. If no, call res.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:11 pm

Concierge email

Question for those who’ve availed themselves of the Concierge email address: is it monitored in real-time? As in, if I had a query about a connection in a couple of hours would an email suffice or is phone advised?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by andrewlawton
Question for those who’ve availed themselves of the Concierge email address: is it monitored in real-time? As in, if I had a query about a connection in a couple of hours would an email suffice or is phone advised?
Pre-Amadeus, I would have said email is fine.

These days, a call might be in order.

I generally use the email for things like "I have a flight in 23 hours and I'd like to stand by for a flight in 21 hours". Simple requests that require DCS access with plenty of time to perform the action.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I'd say you need to allow 1-2hrs for a response from the central email address.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:49 pm

Thank you both!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Make seat available?

Anyone had any luck with the concierge making a seat “magically available”?

I am trying to move into a J seat 2A so I can be behind my son in 1A, and near my wife and baby in 2D. But 2A is currently occupied

Is this within the powers of the concierge? Not having luck so far...
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dennisthemenace

I am trying to move into a J seat 2A so I can be behind my son in 1A, and near my wife and baby in 2D. But 2A is currently occupied

I would hope it's not within the power of the concierge... At least, not without the person currently booked in that seat agreeing. I could be in 2A with my wife in 3A, or the reverse.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:06 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Concierge can certainly look in to it. If the person is an employee, maybe the concierge will move them. If the person is an SE that the concierges know, they may ask that person if they would be okay moving. But as Stranger has pointed out, it shouldn't be something they can just do on a whim.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by dennisthemenace

How would you like to be on the affected end of that request? As well, let's suppose it were within their power. What if 2A is SE? VIP? Non-rev? Imagine the chaos and time spent going through a hierarchy of status, the domino effect, etc. There are better things they can do with their time.
It's unfortunate, but those are the seats. The best thing to do is wait for it to open up or ask nicely when you board.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:08 pm

Post-Amadeus, I've had cases where J seats were blocked for selection, even though they were free.

You can certainly ask the concierge, but I'd just phrase it like "I'm having trouble accessing seat selection. Is 2A free, and if so, can you move me into it?"

If it's actually occupied, ask the passenger there. If you have another A/K seat to trade, there's a reasonable chance they'll agree.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:40 pm

I flew LH 458 MUC-SFO in first class.

In my typical intelligent manner, I left my MacBook Pro in the storage compartment in my seat, and I didn't realize it until I got home.

With no way to contact LH, I phoned the central concierge, who then put me on hold, contacted SFO, and then said they'd call me.

I got a call a few minutes later. LH had already groomed the aircraft, and no computers were found. And LH is suspending SFO service tomorrow or Saturday, so there will be no staff there to talk to soon.

Crap.

I got a text from the concierge a few minutes later, saying she was going to board the aircraft and check.

Less than 10 minutes before the SFO-MUC departure time, I received a text, "Good news", followed by a photo of my MacBook.

She offered to "drop it off", but I thought that was a little over the top, so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow at SFO.

As an LH first class passenger, my laptop would have ended up in Germany, stranded for weeks.

As a Super Elite, it will be back in my possession within 24 hours.

I'm once again astonished at the different service levels one gets as a premium passenger on other airlines versus what you can get from a concierge.
Jebby_ca, zkzkz, D582 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.