Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
Concierge picked me up at arrival gate for a tight USA connection when I landed in YVR. It was useful as it would have been a long walk
DId you ask AC for this service in advance or show they up on their on initiative?
How long was your layover?

​​​
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:31 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I didn't ask for the service.
I had 56 minutes as we arrived a little late
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incidentally, one thing I noticed: when calling reservations, at least as SE, often the call is answered by a concierge.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jacquelyn Hyde
I saw a job posting for an Air Canada Concierge, and it got me wondering what kinds of odd requests the "top-tier premium customers" ask of concierges.
What would you consider as an odd request of a concierge?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What would you consider as an odd request of a concierge?
"Reticket my friend's mom into J" ?
Old May 3, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: AC SE
Toronto news is full of stories about the crazy delays and lineups to get to security. I wonder if anyone has visited the concierge to see if they can do anything to speed things up for qualifying passengers. Anyone?
Old May 3, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Toronto news is full of stories about the crazy delays and lineups to get to security. I wonder if anyone has visited the concierge to see if they can do anything to speed things up for qualifying passengers. Anyone?
YVR is having similar problems, and the concierge I spoke to the other day had clearly been keeping an eye on line lengths, and saved me a ton of time by sending me down to the Nexus line at the WestJet end.
TheCanuckian likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
DEL concierge helpful again

Neha, the pleasant concierge again did a wonderful job on a DEL transfer from Vistara. She met me at the transfer desk with AC boarding passes and dealt with Indian Customs to get my bags retrieved, new AC baggage tags attached and transfered over to AC. As Vistara wouldn't interline tag to AC this saved time, hassle and my bags arrived with me in Canada. A very lengthy difficult process became easy and pleasant.
allbrosca, vernonc and Adam Smith like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by YOWgary
YVR is having similar problems, and the concierge I spoke to the other day had clearly been keeping an eye on line lengths, and saved me a ton of time by sending me down to the Nexus line at the WestJet end.
Did you phone them when you got there or just wander down to the office and ask if they could help?
Old May 3, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
I was able to complete the doc check at the YVR concierge office for a recent trip, and then just used the Nexus line. Time from Skytrain to MLL was less than 30 minutes.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
I was able to complete the doc check at the YVR concierge office for a recent trip, and then just used the Nexus line. Time from Skytrain to MLL was less than 30 minutes.
I have had similar experience on the last few trips but in my view 30 minutes is still longer than I used to experience and expect.
asovse1 likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Did you phone them when you got there or just wander down to the office and ask if they could help?
I was in the SE line to check a bag, and they came out to see me.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: various
Concierge and SE contact numbers gone?

I can't find the concierge or SE contact numbers on "my Aeroplan" anymore....am I missing something.....
Old May 3, 2022, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy
I can't find the concierge or SE contact numbers on "my Aeroplan" anymore....am I missing something.....
Use the app. Open the menu, customer support, and you can get everything there.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and folkart like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Use the app. Open the menu, customer support, and you can get everything there.
got it thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.