Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Reasonable accomodations to make it work.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Leaving a small object in their office for a day is well within my expectations.

I left a paintball gun with them once when the check-in agent informed me of the extra requirements to check something like that (clearly I had only read a small portion of those details). My dad went over later to grab it.
I have had a few great experiences over many years with Concierge service doing what they could to make it work when there was some difficulty. I've had a lost ebook reader kept for me for a week. Another trip at security I found a bag of jewelry from a previous trip that I didn't want take across multiple borders held in their safe for my return. I've also had the Concierge (in HKG and DEL) talk with their counterpart at another airline and make sure tight connections worked or could be adjusted. These were a big part of my value of the program.

We have come a long way from the days when the program was a member of the Clef d' Or Concierge Guild and would coordinate reservations and event tickets and act almost like a personal assistant. There are major constraints in staff resources now and the program has greatly changed.
I do think reasonable expectations for reasonable accomodations in extraordinary situations is fair.
To keep something of not great value in the concierge office safe for a while is fair. If staff availability allows them more it can be done sometimes but not when they are swamped.

Last edited by folkart; Feb 27, 2024 at 10:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.