Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I flew LH 458 MUC-SFO in first class.

In my typical intelligent manner, I left my MacBook Pro in the storage compartment in my seat, and I didn't realize it until I got home.

With no way to contact LH, I phoned the central concierge, who then put me on hold, contacted SFO, and then said they'd call me.

I got a call a few minutes later. LH had already groomed the aircraft, and no computers were found. And LH is suspending SFO service tomorrow or Saturday, so there will be no staff there to talk to soon.

Crap.

I got a text from the concierge a few minutes later, saying she was going to board the aircraft and check.

Less than 10 minutes before the SFO-MUC departure time, I received a text, "Good news", followed by a photo of my MacBook.

She offered to "drop it off", but I thought that was a little over the top, so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow at SFO.

As an LH first class passenger, my laptop would have ended up in Germany, stranded for weeks.

As a Super Elite, it will be back in my possession within 24 hours.

I'm once again astonished at the different service levels one gets as a premium passenger on other airlines versus what you can get from a concierge.
So glad you were able to get your laptop back! I actually had a similar situation on FRA -> ORD in LH First. LH has a special group of people just for First Class flyers who are kind of like our concierge. I had left my iPad in the seat storage and called the First Class dedicated number and they actually coordinated with the Concierge in Toronto since the plane had already left. It was shipped to my house and arrived 2 days later. Amazing!

This is the number I was given by Lufthansa for any issues when travelling in First (they do verify your ticket before they help).
zkzkz, mileageking and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That wouldn't be useful. LH staff said it wasn't there. Concierge went and found it.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
That wouldn't be useful. LH staff said it wasn't there. Concierge went and found it.
Ok... in your post you said you had no way to contact LH. Just giving the info for others as it did help me since the plane already left.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm once again astonished at the different service levels one gets as a premium passenger on other airlines versus what you can get from a concierge.
It just takes that one time (if more, then bonus) when they come through like this.
It was 15 years ago when I had a similar experience and that's when they truly won me over, despite AC hiccups along the way.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:52 pm

Laptop is in my hands.

Another amusing thing a concierge can do ... I was flying LH MUC-SFO, and my cousin was AC MUC-YYZ. I walked her to the gate, and she apparently needed a doc check and bag tag check. Gate area was empty since the loads were so low, and boarding was otherwise complete.

While the GA was dealing with her, an employee with an AC pin (not a concierge, so maybe station manager?) looked at me and said "You're going to San Francisco?"
Me: Yes....how did you know?
Him: I can see the LH45 on your boarding pass, so the next number must be an 8. Why, are you a movie star or something? Should I know who you are?

Just then, a concierge comes over, says, "Mr Kennedy, right?" and shakes my hand.

I hadn't flown AC from MUC in about 2 years, but wow that timing was impeccable.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Why, are you a movie star or something? Should I know who you are?
I must be missing something. If one flies MUC SFO, they are a movie star?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I must be missing something. If one flies MUC SFO, they are a movie star?
I think it was him being snarky in the sense that I'm not important enough to through any means other than him seeing my BP (which, for the record, was in my passport, hence not even showing the whole flight number, and I was holding it by my side, not on the counter or anything).
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I think it was him being snarky in the sense that I'm not important enough to through any means other than him seeing my BP (which, for the record, was in my passport, hence not even showing the whole flight number, and I was holding it by my side, not on the counter or anything).
Both ends of BP have some mark related to class of service iirc, and if 2 digits of a flight number are readable then an F in the same font would be too? I find the concierges at the smaller AC volume stations remember me, and I suspect the ones at the larger ones pretend to not. It makes a world of difference when it happens... being remembered that is.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Anyone using the Conceirge office lately?

I assume they can print my BPs and I can skip the check in area all together. Is that still accurate?

If you have used them lately , are they understaffed ? Or over staffed? Is the office even open?

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Plumber

I assume they can print my BPs and I can skip the check in area all together. Is that still accurate?

If you have used them lately , are they understaffed ? Or over staffed? Is the office even open?

Thanks
i would say that it seems like AC is trying to retain concierges and they are over staffed (on purpose). It is just a single data point but I bought a latitude fare for next February and wanted to upgrade and ended up making some changes and it was a concierge that took my call (calked into the SE line as it was definitely not normal to use concierge for this).
Plumber likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:48 am

I have had the same experience.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
The one in Ottawa is open - just send them a heads-up email and all your issues should be resolved. Safe travels!

Thanks
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by qrctraveller
The one in Ottawa is open - just send them a heads-up email and all your issues should be resolved. Safe travels!
Thanks qrctraveller .

First flight tomorrow in just over 4 months...
mileageking and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:22 pm

First flight tomorrow in just over 4 months...
Make sure they are also aware its your first flight since your last few miles qualifying for 3MM through stay at home promo and you are still in 3MM honeymoon period with AC
Plumber likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking
Make sure they are also aware its your first flight since your last few miles qualifying for 3MM through stay at home promo and you are still in 3MM honeymoon period with AC
Nice.... I have a feeling I will get more recognition here on FT than from AC lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.