Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, they clarified it. Paid J and SEs are entitled. You won't be.

That being said, a simple rebooking can be handled by any competent agent.
Alas. With a 75min connection something is always likely to go amiss.

Thanks for confirming though!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Stupid question from a fresh SE.

75 minute connection in FRA. Normally doesn't stress me out because I know the airport and there's always another flight to where I'm going. This time however, there aren't many options AND it is critical that I make it to my scheduled meeting on time which means I CANNOT miss this connection. It would only take a small delay out of YYC to really screw me.

SO

Am I allowed to request that a concierge meet me when I de-plane to help me make my connection faster?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Am I allowed to request that a concierge meet me when I de-plane to help me make my connection faster?
Yes, even for connecting flights that aren't AC metal, but YMMV.

I've had such assistance at LHR and they were of great help. I also made such a request at FRA but was denied by the concierge - granted it was big time AC IRROPs at FRA that day, but I forgot the specific details...
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

75 minute connection in FRA. Normally doesn't stress me out because I know the airport and there's always another flight to where I'm going. This time however, there aren't many options AND it is critical that I make it to my scheduled meeting on time which means I CANNOT miss this connection. It would only take a small delay out of YYC to really screw me.

SO

I've had numerous concierges walk me to connections, but they have never made anything faster.

If you know where you're going, do it yourself.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've had numerous concierges walk me to connections, but they have never made anything faster.

If you know where you're going, do it yourself.
Had a concierge meet me in YYZ going intl to dom in December ... she ran with me, called ahead and also had a talk with the OSS bus driver that resulted in us leaving right away instead of hanging around for 5 more minutes. Certainly made sure that I made my flight.

If you know where you are going I agree it is usually faster by yourself, but sometimes the concierge can help move things along.

That being said in FRA there is probably not much they can help with. I’d be prepared to run.

Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:31 am

Yes. I've done this when needed, including in FRA. They can't let you bypass customs, but with AC agent accompanying you there are fewer glares when they usher you to the front of the line (if it's really necessary and you're bold enough to ask).

Much depends where you're flying from. If you get to park at a gate, fantastic. If they park you on the tarmac and bus you in, it adds 20 minutes.

Two other pieces of advice:

1. The big problem for me is always the customs clearance at B gates. If you see chaos at the top of the escalator, there's another option. Facing the customs counters, to the right of the e-kiosks you'll see a long hallway. Take that hallway and it leads to another queue. There are far fewer agents, but far fewer travellers also. I believe it's the for passengers coming from other terminals.

2. I've heard about, but never tried, this "gate-to-gate" service at FRA: https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...e-service.html. If things are as important as you say they are, the price seems reasonable. Let us know if you try it.
Bohemian1 and 24left like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:39 am

Thanks for the input all.

I'm familiar with FRA and if we don't have to use the bus I'll likely be fine - but we probably will.

I'll just roll the dice. Fair point that the concierge isn't going to speed anything up and I will run faster without company.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Thanks for the input all.

I'm familiar with FRA and if we don't have to use the bus I'll likely be fine - but we probably will.

I'll just roll the dice. Fair point that the concierge isn't going to speed anything up and I will run faster without company.
You should ask for concierge assistance anyway. The one time I was helped at FRA, the concierge took me through a much faster way, also taking different elevators not accessible by the general public.

It definitely shaved some time in my instance.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Had a concierge meet me in YYZ going intl to dom in December ... she ran with me,
Likewise, but in her heels the concierge could not run as fast as I could, and she slowed me down.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by FreddyBe
1. The big problem for me is always the customs clearance at B gates. If you see chaos at the top of the escalator, there's another option. Facing the customs counters, to the right of the e-kiosks you'll see a long hallway. Take that hallway and it leads to another queue. There are far fewer agents, but far fewer travellers also. I believe it's the for passengers coming from other terminals.
Oooh, thanks for this tip. Last connection via FRA, the concierge met at the gate and told me connecting gate, and asked if I knew the way. I said yes, and that I was fine. Got to Customs only to see a huge crowd (more than what I'd ever come across) and more people joining the crowd by the second. (I wish the concierge had alerted me to the Customs chaos and I might have asked for assistance.) It took more than an hour to get through to Customs, and I had to hustle to make my connection (had 1:45 connection time). Will definitely explore this long hallway next time!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Sometimes the difference in making it and not making it really is minutes, @WaytoomuchEurope, so ask for the help. The flight crew might have 10 or 15 minutes of messing around to do with the A/C still at the gate, and a call ahead would keep the GA from closing the flight.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:50 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by FreddyBe

2. I've heard about, but never tried, this "gate-to-gate" service at FRA: https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...e-service.html. If things are as important as you say they are, the price seems reasonable. Let us know if you try it.
I have tried the gate to gate service and it is great - when you can actually get a confirmation. The last time I tried was totally shambolic and they not only failed to deliver the service, they also charged me any way (CC company resolved this). So much for German efficiency.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Last year I was flying YYZ-FRA-AMS and the flight to FRA was delayed before we left and pressured the connection. I asked at the concierge office to have someone meet me to help. Upon landing there was a concierge there helped 3 of us SEs with connections (all travelling separately), we went to one customs line that was very long, she walked us to another shorter one - then took us through a priority security line (not sure if could have anyways) and got me to the gate in time. This was nice as FRA can be a confusing madhouse I find.

On the FRA gate-to-gate service, tried to book once, saw a credit card charge but apparently it wasn't totally confirmed and was a cluster when I landed that involved a few calls to sort out and to summon them. Another time I tried to book but they were too busy.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last time we arrived late at FRA, we managed to make it to our next gate before it closed. Only to be told we had been offloaded and if we wanted back on that flight, there would be no business class meal for us... To add insult to injury, our next leg, one of these booked by AC in Y on a P ticket but upgraded using AE miles, disappeared in the rebooking process. Took me two hours on the phone until the issue got fixed.
Last time we asked for assistance (my wife had difficulty walking far at the time) and the YYC flight got late a concierge was waiting for us but it took so long to get the wheelchair folks to take care of us that it became clearly impossible to make our connection (in my case on a separate ticket...) Which we could have made if walking quickly on our won.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:03 am

So it seems, as with most things around here, YMMV.
canadiancow and smallmj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.