Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Andrea at FCO was awesome on my recent trip - met me before I even got off the plane on arrival, helped me (and wife and son) through to passport control. Then said hello before I'd even got to the check-in counter on my return flight, helped us through fast track and later got us onto the plane first. It definitely saved us considerable time and stress.

Additional fact that I'm sure was a factor in helping us out so much - my son is disabled and uses a wheelchair, so it's not a normal travel experience. Which makes Andrea's assistance even more valuable and appreciated.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I still don't like the 1-800 call centre business. Landed at YYT at 1:30 am last night. Forgot my cellphone on the plane - not the first time. Phoned the concierge, pressed 1 for "day of travel" and left a message. This morning I woke up to find 2 phone messages. One from the concierge desk giving me detailed directions on how to use the lost luggage button on the website which, according to them, is the only way to locate lost items. The other was from the baggage guy at YYT telling me I'd left my cellphone in my seat and should come by and pick it up. YYT staff are the best!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The most intelligent cow in the world took his amenity kit out of his backpack, because he's getting TWO more this weekend!

This cow is now on a 321 SFO-YYZ without an amenity kit.

The amazing concierge, Jay, managed to get me some ear plugs.

SFO FTW.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I used the concierge's computer to book a flight the other day. (I arrived at the airport without a flight booked)
lcohen999 and canadiancow like this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:04 am

I got off at MUC, and the same concierge as two weeks ago had a sign. Not with my name though, so I just kept walking.

However, she ended up on the escalator beside me (I guess Mr. Whatever didn't show up?).

Me: Good morning
Concierge: Good morning.........oh Mr Kennedy! I saw your name on my list! One day, you'll have to explain to me why you do this.
Me: look at the cost of my ticket
Concierge: Ah we wondered if that was it.

At least concierges are interested. I practically have another "I work at the airport" story from trying to get this BP printed
jc94 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I got off at MUC, and the same concierge as two weeks ago had a sign.
Was it Sandra?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Great service at YYC

I have had great pleasant and professional sevice from Claude at YYC, checking on an ongoing frustrating luggage issue for me. Made calls for me, called back and emailed. Then in YYZ got my first BMW concierge ride between domestic and international.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Was it Sandra?
MUC Concierge is the absolute best. Remembers me every few months that I pass through there. The last person I speak german with before boarding.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Was it Sandra?
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
MUC Concierge is the absolute best. Remembers me every few months that I pass through there. The last person I speak german with before boarding.
​​​​​​​Love Sandra!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I got off at MUC, and the same concierge as two weeks ago had a sign. Not with my name though, so I just kept walking.

However, she ended up on the escalator beside me (I guess Mr. Whatever didn't show up?).

Me: Good morning
Concierge: Good morning.........oh Mr Kennedy! I saw your name on my list! One day, you'll have to explain to me why you do this.
Me: look at the cost of my ticket
Concierge: Ah we wondered if that was it.

At least concierges are interested. I practically have another "I work at the airport" story from trying to get this BP printed
I've flown on AC846/847 too many times to remember and have never met or engaged with an AC concierge there.

How. Do. You. Do. It.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Smile

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I've flown on AC846/847 too many times to remember and have never met or engaged with an AC concierge there.

How. Do. You. Do. It.
You. Book. A. Ticket.

BTW, Sandra is a very good person at pulling zone 1s out of the mess that is Munich boarding.(gate dependent)
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad

How. Do. You. Do. It.
The first time, I had emailed ahead asking what would be required to have a shower.

That resulted in a sign with my name.

This time, she just happened to get on the escalator beside me, so I said hi.

The first time I met a YEG concierge was because I said "good morning" or something when DrunkCargo and I were walking away from the lounge. She said hi, I guess looked back, saw an SE tag, and then engaged us (and immediately knew which SEs we were).

I find being friendly is all it takes.

Heck, the YYZ TB MLL agent today was a former concierge (senior enough to get the easy jobsl now). She didn't seem to recognize my face, but as soon as she took my BP, she mentioned she remembered me. And she said I was always pleasant. I'm not sure I agree with that, but I'll take the compliment
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
last week during EYW, I left my Surface laptop in the transborder connections security bin. Noticed and called while leaving YUL. I got a call an hour later from Pearson central lost and found asking me to finish identifying my property and authorize them to release it to the concierge.

When I landed back in YUL two hours later (on our second of three visits for the day), a concierge was running to a rapidair gate to pick up my Surface!

Later in the weekend my son and I were offloaded (mistake, as we gad a ton of connecting time) on the evening YYZ-LAS. A supervisor was sent to our gate to help. Despite J having boarded full before we realized, two unhappy employees were downgraded and two more had to be moved around. We got our original bulkhead seats.

THESE are reasons we will work to re earn status. Without this I am certain that both of the above issues would have ended very poorly.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
A supervisor was sent to our gate to help.
What luck that you were texting with someone at the adjacent gate with an identical problem, who was able to let said supervisor know that there was an issue on another flight!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
What luck..
Thanks again for that save! I think we inadvertantly may have answered the "what happens if a SE is offloaded yet still makes their connection in time" question.. Still slightly different circumstances than a below MCT with an oversale / probable misconnect. Fixing both of our issues at two gates was much work for the gate agents than if they had shrugged and told us: "sit in Y" or "flight closed, take tomorrow's flight."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.