Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canada’s Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by jc94
I think DC's file is more like a filing cabinet
And yes, this being AC it's probably paper.
I'm trying not to inflate my ego that much... =)
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Concierge left me a voicemail while I was in the SFO UC (no T-Mobile service), informing me that the flight was almost fully boarded.

I got there before T-15 though
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:46 am

Received a helpful proactive notification of delay this morning. Got to sleep for an extra hour and was able to have them sort out my son's ticket in advance, as it had turned into a mess somehow.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
DEL concierge Lucky helpful

Lahkwinder (Lucky) in DEL has been very pleasant and helpful on previous trips through DEL. I booked my trip for next month and sent an email with questions about connections and going into the city on my return. She responded right away with suggestions and advice.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Actually, this is an interesting point. Would this not fall under PIPEDA disclosure as well?

I have no problems posting what I find. But at this point, nobody has furnished such data to me. I really don't feel like complaining about AC's failure to oblige PIPEDA requirements... *sigh*
I believe that would be the case only if your name was used in the communication instead of something like PAX in 2A or something similarly ambiguous.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by jaysona
I believe that would be the case only if your name was used in the communication instead of something like PAX in 2A or something similarly ambiguous.
Correct, but any comments about his name need to be handed over and reported, period end stop, so even the asking of the PNR is not the correct procedure, so Drunk Cargo has already accepted an amendment to the procedure from AC.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
From the YYZ runway delays thread:

Originally Posted by sram
3 hr delay on 7408. CLE UA ground crew were great rebooking pax and dealing with some elderly passengers missing TATL connections in YYZ. Called Concierge for options, which was a waste of 20 minutes. Perhaps YTZ and BUF are better options for the foreseeable future.

I highlighted this line as it seems to now be a regular occurrence.

Given the challenges at YYZ right now, along with the ongoing GDPs at SFO and LAX (and not yet including any other mayhem that may come up), I'm wondering how many people will now miss their flights or connections because they can't get through.

Did they reduce the number of concierges?

Do they no longer answer the phone?

Are other people who are not SEs MMs using the line instead?

Is it a benefit if you can't get through?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by 24left
From the YYZ runway delays thread:

I highlighted this line as it seems to now be a regular occurrence.

Given the challenges at YYZ right now, along with the ongoing GDPs at SFO and LAX (and not yet including any other mayhem that may come up), I'm wondering how many people will now miss their flights or connections because they can't get through.

Did they reduce the number of concierges?

Do they no longer answer the phone?

Are other people who are not SEs MMs using the line instead?

Is it a benefit if you can't get through?
The wait time has certainly increased on the concierge line, but also with AC's major hub being impacted by daily GDP's, the concierge really can't help me.... rerouting me via BOS, EWR or ORD doesn't solve my problem as those inbound flights will get delayed too, perhaps more significantly. The Concierge suggested avoiding YYZ altogether. The Concierge has become a grief counselling line during runway construction
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sram
The wait time has certainly increased on the concierge line, but also with AC's major hub being impacted by daily GDP's, the concierge really can't help me.... rerouting me via BOS, EWR or ORD doesn't solve my problem as those inbound flights will get delayed too, perhaps more significantly. The Concierge suggested avoiding YYZ altogether. The Concierge has become a grief counselling line during runway construction
Shhhhh. Now they will ask for a raise as their job description has changed.

(Rest of my reply is back in the YYZ Delays' thread)
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Has anyone contacted the Director of the Concierge program to ask about the wait time?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wings100
Has anyone contacted the Director of the Concierge program to ask about the wait time?
Possibilities are:

1. No one contacted the Director of the Concierge Program
2. Someone did and didn't get an answer
3. Someone did, but got a fluffy answer
4. Someone did, but isn't going to post what the answer was
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by 24left
Possibilities are:

1. No one contacted the Director of the Concierge Program
2. Someone did and didn't get an answer
3. Someone did, but got a fluffy answer
4. Someone did, but isn't going to post what the answer was
How about:

Someone tried, but the email bounced back marked undeliverable
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: AC*SE,MM
I had an awesome Concierge experience yesterday.

Walked off a flight at EWR only to realize that all of our Nexus cards had slipped put of my coat pocket in the overhead bin. I was landside at that point.

Called AC Concierge, only 2 minute wait time, and someone came out with the cards 15 minutes later.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
On a positive note, Concierges at YVR worked proactively. Our AC inbound was late. AC concierges met myself and family right after Canada customs, walked us thru to dom security and handed us over to another concierge who met us with two golf carts. They also called the gate to tell them we were coming and we were the last ones to board. A colleague on board did say that the GA was closing the flight to push back till the concierge asked them to wait. Well done and even more so because I did not call asking for assistance.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I received a call from reservations that my flight YGK-YYZ tomorrow was cancelled.

This was within 24 hours, but I couldn't check in because I'm flying YYZ-YGK-YYZ-SFO tomorrow.

I called the concierge, she tried to oversell a later YGK-YYZ, couldn't, but offered me a VIA train for YGK-YYZ.

I'm waiting for a callback on that, so I don't have a conclusion to this story yet.

I'm a little disappointed that a flight cancellation within 24 hours doesn't trigger a concierge alert. The res agent was useless. "What do you want to do?" etc. I had to ask what my options were, which basically became "Monday". So this was not proactive on the part of the concierge team, but was proactive by AC.

I assume I'll get my UPX fare reimbursed.

Anyone know why 7257 on May 14 was cancelled though? Given how far out it was cancelled, I assume controllable, but what I ask for, and from whom, is going to depend on this. I'll ask when the phone rings, but the res agent didn't know (or wouldn't tell me).

Edit:
Concierge says it was due to runway construction.
I have a VIA package waiting for me in the concierge office, and I'm protected on 759 in case I don't make 739.

Last edited by canadiancow; May 13, 2017 at 7:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.