Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I'm actually surprised that this is still alive....
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
+1. It's Monday already... Hmmm.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jlisi984
+1. It's Monday already... Hmmm.
Maybe the people at Aeroplan are like us, only that they are actually 'justified' in their own way for sleeping in.....

Then again, it is only 6:53, and I have nothing better to do on the bus than to go on FT.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriot Silver Elite
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Do you think this is some sort of IT glitch, or are you surprised they haven't stopped the promo yet?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Stussi613
Do you think this is some sort of IT glitch, or are you surprised they haven't stopped the promo yet?
I bet it started as an IT glitch, they saw that there was nothing they could do, and knowing all the bad blood they already generated with higher mileages and YQs, they threw in the towel and honoured the bookings up to whenever it gets fixed.

Then again..... that assumes a certain level of love to the customers that AP has not been particularly famous for, so I don't know if the above makes sense. :P
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:12 am

Definitely an IT glitch... but they knew it would take long to fix, so they probably just said let it roll.

Will definitely lighten up AE's points liability assuming their FY ends in December 2011.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Too bad I can't take any advantage this time. Assume the AP rules stay pretty much the same for 2012, I need to spend my only reminding week of vacation on paid ticket (status mile).

But then if the announcement for 2012 really sucky, I might just jump to A3... And I can use that week on AP reward travel....
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I bet it started as an IT glitch, they saw that there was nothing they could do, and knowing all the bad blood they already generated with higher mileages and YQs, they threw in the towel and honoured the bookings up to whenever it gets fixed.

Then again..... that assumes a certain level of love to the customers that AP has not been particularly famous for, so I don't know if the above makes sense. :P
I guess we've all become accustomed to assuming the worst from AP...I'm just glad that I finally got to use most of the miles I've been hoarding for the last two years
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Too bad I can't take any advantage this time. Assume the AP rules stay pretty much the same for 2012, I need to spend my only reminding week of vacation on paid ticket (status mile).

But then if the announcement for 2012 really sucky, I might just jump to A3... And I can use that week on AP reward travel....
Same here I already have a RTW booked for Q2, and I can't reasonably get another 3-4 weeks of vacation on top of that - and it seems like a waste to RTW for anything less than that. I keep pulling my hair out over not being able to book this, but it isn't helping things in any way

I wish someone had confirmation that they will honour the mileage levels for a later date change!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:17 am

[b]I guess we've all become accustomed to assuming the worst from AP...[/b[I'm just glad that I finally got to use most of the miles I've been hoarding for the last two years
ROFL. That is very true maybe we should lighten up a bit.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I wish someone had confirmation that they will honour the mileage levels for a later date change!
I was told in no uncertain terms that changes to itineraries after the promo would increase the mileage requirements by the agent that booked my tickets on Saturday night.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by concol
Just booked --- for April 2012 -- using the multi-city option on the web

YUL-ZRH - LX87 -- J Class
ZRH-FRA - LH1185 -- J Class
FRA-SIN - SQ25 -- J Class (shows as SQ's A80)
SIN - STOP

SIN-BKK - SQ972 -- J Class
BKK-FRA - TG922 -- J Class
FRA-MUC - LH122 -- J Class
MUC - STOP

MUC - YUL - LH474 -- J Class

75,000 points
Fuel Surcharge $379.30
Other Taxes(Airport Fees) $267.99
Total $647.29

I live in YYZ but could not find any pure J Class on the out bound (all Y class to PVG/PEK then J to SIN) also the return to YYZ was on AC which ended costing another $225--$250 in fuel surcharge. Will most likely end up paying $250 for YYZ-YUL but at least I will get a few status miles out of it.

I hope SQ doesn't pull the A380 off the FRA-SIN SQ25 service.

Good Luck to all -- be creative, keep searching.

Had a chance to sleep on this and was thinking is there a way to add YYZ-YUL-YYZ to this if I call AP

Do not mind playing the $90 change fee.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:26 am

I was told in no uncertain terms that changes to itineraries after the promo would increase the mileage requirements by the agent that booked my tickets on Saturday night.
I hear you. The problem is, different agents will say different things. For instance, when it came to COS changes on existing bookings, I had SOME agents tell me that a COS change (w/no routing/schedulle change) WILL incur YQ and others said it WOULDN'T. Same for when the point levels went up - I was making a change and had an agent insist that I will be billed more, only to find that in fact, no additional redemption was required after checking with a supervisor.

Massive confusion. Although here it's a bit more clear, I guess, seeing as the points levels aren't changing - CLEARLY we are booking at the "wrong" point level, so changes MIGHT require additional redemption. Sigh.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by concol
Had a chance to sleep on this and was thinking is there a way to add YYZ-YUL-YYZ to this if I call AP

Do not mind playing the $90 change fee.
I tried adding YOW to the flights that I booked (YUL-MUC-ZRH-MAD-MUC-YUL) and it couldn't be done, the system tried to force the YOW-FRA AC flight and wouldn't show the LH segs anymore, so I went ahead and booked because I needed 4 tix and didn't want to risk not getting them.

We also tried adding YOW to the end of the itin and it wouldnt work either...I'll either buy the positioning flights, or take the train.

You should call and ask though, they won't charge you unless they can change it and assuming the promo doesn't end in 4 minutes it should be the same number of miles and potential the taxes and fees for the AC segments.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:35 am

As long as the "promo" is still on... and changes are in same zone, you'll just pay the diff in taxes/YQ and the $90 change fee.

Did a booking on Friday night, I changed into a much more changeable schedule and added another stop last night... ticketed this morning. Just an extra $100 + change fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.