Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by YQMer
Just booked a couple of biz class tickets to LAX for next Sept. When I spoke with the agent, he said that sched changes would not require new mileage calculation; however, that any voluntary change would... i.e. if you pay for the change, you'll need to cough up the extra miles.
So effectively my example above is not going to work, as I know for a fact I'll be making the change, so I'd just be needlessly locking up the miles, eh.

Oh well, doh.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
This "promo" is pretty interesting... is there any consensus on change fees though? I'm thinking of booking it for November 2012, but in reality, I can't travel until early 2013, so I'm thinking of booking, then paying the change fee to change - but I wonder whether that'll imply extra mileage to change. Any consensus on that?
Generally agents say that if you make any change later you'll have to pay miles. But what will happend exactly, we don't know...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:08 pm

Thank you FLYER TALK

Just booked --- for April 2012 -- using the multi-city option on the web

YUL-ZRH - LX87 -- J Class
ZRH-FRA - LH1185 -- J Class
FRA-SIN - SQ25 -- J Class (shows as SQ's A80)
SIN - STOP

SIN-BKK - SQ972 -- J Class
BKK-FRA - TG922 -- J Class
FRA-MUC - LH122 -- J Class
MUC - STOP

MUC - YUL - LH474 -- J Class

75,000 points
Fuel Surcharge $379.30
Other Taxes(Airport Fees) $267.99
Total $647.29

I live in YYZ but could not find any pure J Class on the out bound (all Y class to PVG/PEK then J to SIN) also the return to YYZ was on AC which ended costing another $225--$250 in fuel surcharge. Will most likely end up paying $250 for YYZ-YUL but at least I will get a few status miles out of it.

I hope SQ doesn't pull the A380 off the FRA-SIN SQ25 service.

Good Luck to all -- be creative, keep searching.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by concol

SIN - STOP

MUC - STOP

75,000 points
Fuel Surcharge $379.30
Total $647.29

I live in YYZ but could not find any pure J Class on the out bound (all Y class to PVG/PEK then J to SIN) also the return to YYZ was on AC which ended costing another $225--$250 in fuel surcharge. Will most likely end up paying $250 for YYZ-YUL but at least I will get a few status miles out of it.

I was just toying around with SIN as a destination and actually saw open J seats on LH779 SIN-FRA (A388!) for more than just seat... actually quite surprised, but I'm not going to fly that just to try business on the 380 with four of my closest buddies... Oh yeah, Y to get there

Now, if it could match up with 787 service to HND...

Whitey
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by WhiteYUL
I was just toying around with SIN as a destination and actually saw open J seats on LH779 SIN-FRA (A388!) for more than just seat... actually quite surprised, but I'm not going to fly that just to try business on the 380 with four of my closest buddies... Oh yeah, Y to get there

Now, if it could match up with 787 service to HND...

Whitey
Just FYI, the J seats on the LH 388 really suck!!!

SQ J on the 388, or LH F on the 388 are, of course, a different story...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: AE
AC 136 YVRYYZ J
AC 416 YYZYUL J (stop)
LX 087 YULZRH F
LX1484 ZRHPRG J (stop)
LH1693 PRGMUC J
TG 925 MUCBKK F
TG 217 BKKHKT J (stop)
TG 208 HKTBKK J
TG 640 BKKNRT F
AC 004 NRTYVR J
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Will this put to rest complaints about devaluation of AE? I'd be delighted if I could book these kind of deals on my home *A carrier
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriot Silver Elite
Originally Posted by Joshua
Will this put to rest complaints about devaluation of AE? I'd be delighted if I could book these kind of deals on my home *A carrier
Running a promo that they never officially announced and only "until it's over, which could be in 5 minutes" doesn't make up for the devaluation of the AP program, but it's a good start
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by concol

SIN - STOP

MUC - STOP

75,000 points
Fuel Surcharge $379.30
Total $647.29

The multi-city option does not allow me to do as much as this. Only three segments, plus the known problem with booking LX flights on The AP website.
This is why I ended up today with a real person (who refused to acknowledge a published routing I was seing on the site..).
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:55 pm

I couldn't read all 26 pages of the thread. Can someone answer two quick questions?

1. Is the deal available on the phone with two stopovers?
2. Can I upgrade an existing booking from business to first and pay no additional miles (since first is sold for business mileage now)?

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by echino
I couldn't read all 26 pages of the thread. Can someone answer two quick questions?

2. Can I upgrade an existing booking from business to first and pay no additional miles (since first is sold for business mileage now)?

Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. I don't know, I strongly doubt it.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by echino

Thanks!
1. Yes
2. No. I have tried. New bookings only. You could try cancel and rebook but there is no way to make sure the canceled seats would be released back into inventory for you to rebook.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba
1. Yes
2. No. I have tried. New bookings only. You could try cancel and rebook but there is no way to make sure the canceled seats would be released back into inventory for you to rebook.
The seats don't need to be released back as he's looking at booking into F instead.

It would definitely make sense to spend the $90 to change to F if you can find availability.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by Stussi613
Running a promo that they never officially announced and only "until it's over, which could be in 5 minutes" doesn't make up for the devaluation of the AP program, but it's a good start
+1

W.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Half-full - you can still do a decent business itinerary to Asia with a stop or two in Europe with $150 in tax for 75.000 points using the 'promo'.. That is excellent value.
you must be joking $150 in taxes.... do not post such nonsence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.