Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by teege
Yeahp. Confirmed on my flight searches to/from most airports — but not all. Can't seem to get the "promotion" to kick in for anything domestic to EZE.

The "promotion" never worked for South America (or intra-Asia)
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
The site is up.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:04 pm

I guess I'm lucky it wasn't down, I booked two mini-RTW J class tickets for Mrs. Pettifog and me in October online, some interesting connections, but our vacation budget is shot for next year though

I'll call later and get one more stop and pay the $100 change fee, right now our stops are SGN and CPH. I was thinking about Prague or Warsaw, (or some similar place), any European suggestions?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Suggestions please

I've been trying to put together a SYD/AKL trip. I've been told I need to fly SQ from SIN-SYD because it's a "published route" and I don't have to worry about MPM.

So far, I have found:

BKK-SIN TG J
SIN-SYD SQ J
stop
SYD-AKL NZ J
stop
AKL-SYD NZ J
SYD-SFO UA F
SFO-YYZ

I can get to BKK on TG F from either FRA or MUC (ZRH and CDG not working for my dates). What's the best way to get from YYZ to FRA or MUC in F class while minimizing fuel surcharges? Or if someone has a better suggestion to get from YYZ to BKK or SIN while keeping in mind that I want to fly as much as possible in F.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
What's the best way to get from YYZ to FRA or MUC in F class while minimizing fuel surcharges? .
YYZ-IAD/ORD-MUC/FRA on UA F?

Alternatively YYZ-PHL/CLT-MUC/FRA on US J - I know US is a dirty word - but the seating is the same as Air Canada pods.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Silver
I was very closing to closing the deal but decided not to. I'll share what I found though, JFK->FRA->SIN in SQ J on Nov 5 & 6 2012. Not sure how many seats are available, but at least one is. I know how hard long-haul SQ J & F seats are to find!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:14 pm

Okay this is bull... booked flights YVR-TPE for wife (non-adventurous route, she doesn't like new things )

YVR-LAX-HND-TSA/TPE-ICN-LAX-YVR AC NH OZ J

$509.11 in YQ+Fees. $447 in fuel surcharges . Should've been more careful and choose UA. Remember the good old days where a RTW in F costs me $250 max in fees. Just trying to burn as much as I can. 75,000 is a bargain though.

It is what it is I guess.

Originally Posted by yscleo
I already have an economy reward ticket booked YYZ to TPE in mid Jan/2012.

I see some flights outbound on J available, but on the return what's available is bad connection (J TPE to PEK, then 21 hr connection from PEK to YYZ in Y).

Can I call to change my existing booking just for the outbound on the J seats, and is it $90 change fee? Or do I have to make a new completely new booking, and that'll mean on the return it's the bad connection.

If you make a J class booking now, using 75000 points, if it gives you some J flights and some Y class, can you ask for those Y class seats to be waitlisted for J? i.e. how does waitlist works?

Thanks.
1. If I remember correctly, the ticket will be reissued for any class change. so you have to cancel the ticket and then rebook in J.

2. No. no waitlisting. But you can waitlist for J on any AC flights at the airport before departure on the same day. Lowest priority however.

Last edited by Jon X-Pacific; Dec 5, 2011 at 6:23 pm
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jon X-Pacific

1. If I remember correctly, the ticket will be reissued for any class change. so you have to cancel the ticket and then rebook in J.
Normally, not if you already paid J miles. But how this will be handled with the "promo" is very unclear.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Normally, not if you already paid J miles. But how this will be handled with the "promo" is very unclear.
I don't think it will be any different. The amount of miles required for different awards probably has nothing to do with the rules and regulation, but it never hurts to try!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Jon X-Pacific

2. No. no waitlisting. But you can waitlist for J on any AC flights at the airport before departure on the same day. Lowest priority however.
Thanks.

Since the current ticket I have, has better return flights and connection times, that makes it tough to want to cancel that and rebook. I'll have to try to book the outbound flights, then to take a chance by cancelling the original booking and hope the new booking picks it up.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I've been playing with bookings off and on all day.

So far, I've managed to piece together half of an itinerary on the dates I want. Quick question though, is it a legal routing so far:

JFK-SIN-BKK (stop) -SIN-HND (destination).

I've found those legs, but is that ok to fly through SIN twice like that to my final destination?

Also, on the return can I fly out of NRT instead of HND?

Thanks for all your help!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by DavidYYC
I was forced to phone in to get something sorted out on my itinerary. ( I still obey that rule drummed into us about mistake fares....."Do NOT phone in" but judging from the other comments here about people phoning and actually get the reps to book this 'promo', I am not sure this is a true mistake anyway)

I asked about charges for changes (one of my legs is in Y) and she clearly stated that as long as there were NO flight or date changes there would be NO extra charges if I found award seats in J for that leg, even though I got the "promo", not sure if that contradicts what others have been told.

Despite the YQ scam charges this has been a great deal.
that's no change .... you are on standby and if J becomes available (EP type) you can ask to be upgraded. This is what I have in my booking. Chances of it happening may not be high. Most folks are asking what happens when a change to flight and or time occurs will the number of miles go back to levels that apply at the time of change. IMO.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I've been playing with bookings off and on all day.

So far, I've managed to piece together half of an itinerary on the dates I want. Quick question though, is it a legal routing so far:

JFK-SIN-BKK (stop) -SIN-HND (destination).

I've found those legs, but is that ok to fly through SIN twice like that to my final destination?

Also, on the return can I fly out of NRT instead of HND?

Thanks for all your help!
Nope, not OK to fly through SIN twice.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:55 pm

Question

What luggage limits apply for a mixed cabin booking? I got several legs to the destination and back with different classes? Forgot to ask the booking agent. I tried the AC web site for info could not find any. Anyone with the information, thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
What luggage limits apply for a mixed cabin booking? I got several legs to the destination and back with difference classes? I tried the AC web site for info could not find it. Anyone with the information, thanks.
Depends where you check-in.
If your first leg is in J, then 100% J cabin rules apply for that segment of the journey.
However if your first leg (at the point of check-in) is in Y, then you may have to fight the agent for your baggage allowance, although theoretically it should be the baggage allowance of the higher COS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.