Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tng11
Just got off the phone again:

PER-SIN-NRT-IAD-YYZ is valid! (SQ/NH/NH/UA). SIN-NRT is on the new 787, but IAD-YYZ is in Y. I think this routing is worth it to try out NH 787 and TPAC.
By chance, do you know if it is valid because under MPM5 ? (which could be possible as PER is quite far from SYD and closer to SIN)
Old Aug 11, 2013, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
By chance, do you know if it is valid because under MPM5 ? (which could be possible as PER is quite far from SYD and closer to SIN)
I would guess so, since it's definitely not a published routing (I've tried some other combos out of PER with an extra connection in ICN/PEK, and the online system accepts them.)

Is the MPM YYZ-SYD over Europe insanely high or what? The online system even allowed me to book:
YTZ-YUL-ZRH-DME-MUC-IST-SIN-SYD (AC/LX/LX/LH/LH/SQ/SQ)
YTZ-YUL-ZRH-DME-VIE-CPH-SIN-SYD (AC/LX/LX/OS/OS/SQ/SQ)
YYZ-CAI-DME-MUC-IST-SIN-SYD (MS/MS/LH/LH/SQ/SQ)

I actually would prefer to visit DME over IST, so it doesn't seem crazy to me. But having 7 segments to get to SYD would make my PER-YYZ routing more difficult.

EDIT:

Strangely enough, when I plug in YUL-DME-SYD, or even say YUL-ZRH-SYD, the system says its invalid. If I change YUL to YYZ/YTZ it can be booked online. I wonder why that is?

Last edited by tng11; Aug 11, 2013 at 3:09 am
Old Aug 12, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Is us-Asia-Europe-Asia-us a valid routing?

Something like lax-tpe-bkk-ams-cdg-tpe-lax

Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Is us-Asia-Europe-Asia-us a valid routing?

Something like lax-tpe-bkk-ams-cdg-tpe-lax

Thanks
No.

You can make it valid by losing one of the Asia stops, like this:

LAX-TPE-BKK-AMS-CDG-LAX
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by echino
No.

You can make it valid by losing one of the Asia stops, like this:

LAX-TPE-BKK-AMS-CDG-LAX
Are you sure about that?

In principle, there should be nothing wrong with LAX-NRT-CDG-NRT-LAX, twice over the Pacific. The question is how many stops there are, what the MPM is, etc.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:46 pm

(Oops)
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:53 pm

Update: LAX-CDG is not allowed over the Pacific. No MPM is published. Only a published routing would work. This is not USDM

Just looked up published routings and only KE publishes TPAC routings for LAX-CDG.

NZ does, too, but it's LAX-LON-PAR.

So unfortunately, you're out of luck! As echino said, though, all you need to do is make it Asia1 destination and you'll be fine.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:56 pm

Is there MPM for YVR-MOW via Pacific? I know CA has YVR-PEK-SVO published routing, but how about MPM?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by echino
Is there MPM for YVR-MOW via Pacific? I know CA has YVR-PEK-SVO published routing, but how about MPM?
Nope - only AT is posted.

[edit] are you sure CA has a published routing? I am not seeing it.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Update: LAX-CDG is not allowed over the Pacific. No MPM is published. Only a published routing would work. This is not USDM

Just looked up published routings and only KE publishes TPAC routings for LAX-CDG.

NZ does, too, but it's LAX-LON-PAR.

So unfortunately, you're out of luck! As echino said, though, all you need to do is make it Asia1 destination and you'll be fine.
thanks for the update. so it should work if there's a published lax-euro city mpm?

let me clarify the stops/dest:

lax-asia(stop)-eur(dest)-asia(stop)-lax

OR

lax-asia(stop)-eur(stop)-eur(dest)-asia-lax
Old Aug 13, 2013, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
thanks for the update. so it should work if there's a published lax-euro city mpm?

let me clarify the stops/dest:

lax-asia(stop)-eur(dest)-asia(stop)-lax

OR

lax-asia(stop)-eur(stop)-eur(dest)-asia-lax
Yes, it would work. Unfortunately, though, I couldn't find any carriers on LAX-CDG except KE, which is not *A. Maybe another city pair? Who knows - maybe NH serves SJC-CAI or something, haha
Old Aug 13, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yes, it would work. Unfortunately, though, I couldn't find any carriers on LAX-CDG except KE, which is not *A. Maybe another city pair? Who knows - maybe NH serves SJC-CAI or something, haha
Found lax-tpe-bkk-ams on br. This seems legit unless over mpm? What tool do you check mpm with?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Open jaw question

Is YYZ-LHR; CPH-HKG; HKG-YYZ bookable with 125000 miles in J?

Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by conglomerate
Is YYZ-LHR; CPH-HKG; HKG-YYZ bookable with 125000 miles in J?

Thanks.
It is not, because you are not allowed to open-jaw in the middle of the itinerary.

Something like YYZ-LHR, LHR-FRA-CPH, CPH-HKG, HKG-YYZ would be bookable, though. I.e., you must fly between LHR and CPH (and make a >24 hour stop there to avoid the APD for ex-LHR departures).
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:12 pm

Tough decision to make:

For my YYZ-SYD mini RTW in April I´ve been debating whether to change my J award to an F award.

What would happen is I lose the connections in VIE/IST/SIN and no longer get to fly SQ long-haul, and route through FRA/BKK with TG F (A380 to FRA, 747 to SYD). I would then upgrade my NH segment from NRT-ORD in F.

Then, I would gamble on getting LH F to MUC through one of the US hubs where new F is available. It would also seem easy to switch FRA-BKK from TG F to LH F looking at the availability 2 weeks in advance (would get FCT usage!).

So the question is: is it going to be worth many hundreds more in scamcharges plus 50K points to move from SQ J (both flights with the new lie flats) to TG F for 1/2 flights, NH F for 1 flight (and possibly LH F 1/2 times). Plus it would cost me 2/3 change fees to move the flights around (once to the current itin, once for YYZ-FRA, once for FRA-BKK)

Last edited by tng11; Aug 15, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.