Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
So it looks like YEG-FCO is 6457 and YEG-CPH is 6073 for MPM+5 based on expertflyer..

how can I even make this possible? Based on YEG-ORD-AMS-CPH-FCO, one of the most direct routes I can take, GCMAP says 6888, which is 431 miles above YEG-FCO MPM...

Since YEG-SFO-LHR is published on UA(so is YEG-ORD-AMS and YEG-ORD-BRU), would they only count YEG-LHR/YEG-AMS/YEG-BRU and not the connection since I'm not forcing the connection and it is scheduled?

Any thoughts? Is Europe rules different for Aeroplan(only redeemed for Asia MPM)? Would like to know as it seems like a 3 stopover Europe trip will always go over MPM from YEG...

Last edited by SKYEG; Aug 5, 2013 at 9:17 pm
Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
are you saying if you book YYZ-LAX-NRT-SIN, SIN-SYD, SYD-AKL-RAR-LAX-YYZ on dec 31 for sep 2014, then change dates to, say, nov 2014 and maybe change SYD-AKL-RAR to SYD-RAR, this will not incur new points?
Correct. No award zone or cabin change means the award doesn't need to be exchanged for the new higher award mileage level. These were the rules that AE applied after the last mileage increase.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
Correct. No award zone or cabin change means the award doesn't need to be exchanged for the new higher award mileage level. These were the rules that AE applied after the last mileage increase.
Very interesting. I thought it was no cabin change only. Crap - I missed out, then, as I didn't bother booking because I knew it'd be a waste of a change fee to just have it refunded ... but I guess not, eh. Thanks - good to know!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:08 am

Very interesting. I thought it was no cabin change only. Crap - I missed out, then, as I didn't bother booking because I knew it'd be a waste of a change fee to just have it refunded ... but I guess not, eh. Thanks - good to know!
And SE's now get the first change free
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:09 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
I don't know what I'm more impressed by - the fact that it's even published or the fact that there are SO many flights into it. I thought everyone just took the ferry...

Code:
YTOMFM-YY 05AUG13

TICKETED POINT SURCHARGES APPLY.
    GI      M        5M       10M       15M       20M       25M

MPM AT  12241     12853     13465     14077     14689     15301
MPM PA   9385      9854     10323     10792     11262     11731
Thanks! I have a quick follow-up question. If I use a published routing to get me MFM-HNL, how does the remainder of the trip work in terms of getting it to be a valid routing?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by mattking2000
Thanks! I have a quick follow-up question. If I use a published routing to get me MFM-HNL, how does the remainder of the trip work in terms of getting it to be a valid routing?
This I've always wondered. I would suspect the rest has to fit into MPM5 HNL-YYZ, but this seems awfully idealistic and naive of me.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:15 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
I'll call the centre and try to wrangle the answer out of an unsuspecting agent. Be back in a few hours, hopefully!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by mattking2000
I'll call the centre and try to wrangle the answer out of an unsuspecting agent. Be back in a few hours, hopefully!
An optimist, I see Please report back.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Hi All, I'm trying to build the following trip for next summer:

YYZ-SIN (or HKT)-IST-YYZ

Can I tack on 1 of the bolded city pairings below by calling the Aeroplan booking centre?

YYZ-SIN/HKT (stop for 2 weeks)
SIN/HKT-TPE/HKG (stop for 1 week)
TPE-HKG-IST (stop for 1 week)
IST-FRA/CDG (stop for several days)
IST (or FRA/CDG)-YYZ , if successful here

I have no preference towards specific carriers or routings. Either additional stop in Asia 1 or Europe 1 is fine.

I've done a similar itinerary before (YYZ-YUL-CDG-PVG-SIN-IST-YYZ, but that was simple, and only featured long-ish transits as opposed to a full stop.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
No guarantees as to availability but the following would be a nice route and is definitely legal in terms of mileage:

YYZ-TPE (Eva)
TPE-SIN (Singapore) (stop)

SIN-IST (Turkish/Singapore) (stop)

IST-CDG (Turkish) (stop)

CDG-WAW (LOT)
WAW-YYZ (LOT 787)

Last edited by lowside67; Aug 6, 2013 at 12:21 pm
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by lowside67
No guarantees as to availability but the following route is definitely legal in terms of mileage:

YYZ-TPE-SIN (stop)
SIN-IST (stop)
IST-CDG (stop)
CDG-YYZ
Just be careful that CDG-YYZ would be *very* expensive because of AC scamcharges. On the other hand, your only alternative would be CDG-ZRH-YUL-YYZ, and that may simply not be worth the time. Or US transit - which is even less so. So scamcharges it is!!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Thanks for the suggestion. I will call in over the next few days and feed the agent each segment and see how that goes. I figured as long as there is no back-tracking, either add-on would definitely satisfy the mpm.

You are right; from my searches, I've seen excellent BR availability, lots of TKs, even ANA 788s. Heck, I even caught sight of TK's operated by 9W somewhere (might have been out of KUL or BKK).

*** yeah, this far out, many AC-operated flights out of LHR, CDG, FRA, and MUC. In fact, anything TATL is only AC or LH from my searches. I suppose I can reverse the trip and go towards Europe 1 + IST first, before heading to the Far East. There are plenty of good TPAC routings now (BR from TPE-YYZ, or ANA from NRT-ORD-YYZ), but the last leg is flown by, yup... AC.

No guarantees as to availability but the following would be a nice route and is definitely legal in terms of mileage:

YYZ-TPE (Eva)
TPE-SIN (Eva/Singapore) (stop)

SIN-IST (Turkish/Singapore) (stop)

IST-CDG (Turkish) (stop)

CDG-WAW-YYZ (LOT, incl 787 for WAW-YYZ)

Last edited by yqtyyz; Aug 6, 2013 at 12:25 pm Reason: Additional Sentence
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
I have updated my post with a suggestion for connection... LOT has some charges but they are pretty reasonable and it's way fewer connections than via Swiss to get back to YYZ.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Hi All, I'm trying to build the following trip for next summer:

YYZ-SIN (or HKT)-IST-YYZ

Can I tack on 1 of the bolded city pairings below by calling the Aeroplan booking centre?

YYZ-SIN/HKT (stop for 2 weeks)
SIN/HKT-TPE/HKG (stop for 1 week)
TPE-HKG-IST (stop for 1 week)
IST-FRA/CDG (stop for several days)
IST (or FRA/CDG)-YYZ , if successful here
You've got too many stops there. You can only have 3 total (your point of turnaround, plus two other stops). You can add more <24 hour "connections", but not more stops.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Thanks for the suggestion. I will call in over the next few days and feed the agent each segment and see how that goes. I figured as long as there is no back-tracking, either add-on would definitely satisfy the mpm.

You are right; from my searches, I've seen excellent BR availability, lots of TKs, even ANA 788s. Heck, I even caught sight of TK's operated by 9W somewhere (might have been out of KUL or BKK).

*** yeah, this far out, many AC-operated flights out of LHR, CDG, FRA, and MUC. In fact, anything TATL is only AC or LH from my searches. I suppose I can reverse the trip and go towards Europe 1 + IST first, before heading to the Far East. There are plenty of good TPAC routings now (BR from TPE-YYZ, or ANA from NRT-ORD-YYZ), but the last leg is flown by, yup... AC.
If the last leg is transborder, no (or low) YQ so no problem.

I have updated my post with a suggestion for connection... LOT has some charges but they are pretty reasonable and it's way fewer connections than via Swiss to get back to YYZ.
ack I keep forgetting LO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.