Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
By the way, does anyone have any experience/insight regarding ANA releasing F seats? I've an F reward with a leg on ANA's NRT-IAD flight on 24 Nov. There are 4 empty F seats. Does NH ever release empty F seats closer to the flight departure if they're unused?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
By the way, does anyone have any experience/insight regarding ANA releasing F seats? I've an F reward with a leg on ANA's NRT-IAD flight on 24 Nov. There are 4 empty F seats. Does NH ever release empty F seats closer to the flight departure if they're unused?
Sometimes. It's not as bad as SQ, which almost never does, but they rarely do.

That said, it depends on the route. I had F on NRT-ORD for a while before changing elsewhere because I didn't want the "bad" seats that their old F had. I believe they have, since then, upgraded the seating on IAD and ORD so you'd be fine if you got the seat - but I would urge you to consider taking OZ instead. Easy availability, same (or lower) YQ, and guaranteed no monkeying around trying to find an F seat. ICN-ORD should be relatively easy to get, although it's a loooooooooooooooooooooooong flight, hehe.

[edit] well, NRT-IAD's pretty long too, I guess.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:16 am

Thanks PN.

I'm going through ICN on the outward leg (SQ F into ICN from SFO and OZ J outward to HKG), and want to visit Tokyo too, so rather than take an indirect flight back, I'll stick with the seat I have on NH in J even if I can't get F!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:15 am

Thanks PN.

I'm going through ICN on the outward leg (SQ F into ICN from SFO and OZ J outward to HKG), and want to visit Tokyo too, so rather than take an indirect flight back, I'll stick with the seat I have on NH in J even if I can't get F!
I would keep an eye out on availability of something else and see if you can change. Hey, why not do ICN-NRT-FRA-IAD-xxx? You may very well be able to pick up a pair of F seats on the 388 on LH if you are lucky. And you can go try out the First Class Terminal in FRA
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:27 pm

'Cause that would involve backtracking on my full itinerary (which is YYZ-SFO-ICN-HKG-BKK-NRT-IAD-YYZ). BKK is the POT. Tried to do it with ICN-NRT-BKK-FRA-YYZ, but no availability on the dates I need. May check again if I have time before I depart.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:09 pm

'Cause that would involve backtracking on my full itinerary (which is YYZ-SFO-ICN-HKG-BKK-NRT-IAD-YYZ). BKK is the POT. Tried to do it with ICN-NRT-BKK-FRA-YYZ, but no availability on the dates I need. May check again if I have time before I depart.
Ahh, I see. Yeah, that would be backtracking. I was allowed to do YUL-ZRH-CDG, CDG-BKK-HKG (POT) HKG-KIX, KIX-FRA-MUC-YUL, but I guess that didn't fall into backtracking - don't ask me how. But ex-BKK to NRT that might be too far out. Did you try, though? Who knows what the rules are.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Is this legal?

NZ19 LAX-RAR
STOP
NZ61 RAR-SYD
OPEN JAW
NZ792 ADL-AKL
STOP
NZ87 AKL-HKG
AC8 HKG-YVR

I'd pay for the first hop YVR-LAX (well probably BLI but anyway)

The question comes from ADL-AKL-HKG-YVR. There is a published routing AKL-HKG-YVR; am I allowed to somehow tack on ADL-AKL first?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:43 am

You've got two open jaws there (at your start/end point and your POT). That may not be allowed. Would starting at YVR kill the MPM?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by zoobtoob
Is this legal?

NZ19 LAX-RAR
STOP
NZ61 RAR-SYD
OPEN JAW
NZ792 ADL-AKL
STOP
NZ87 AKL-HKG
AC8 HKG-YVR

The question comes from ADL-AKL-HKG-YVR. There is a published routing AKL-HKG-YVR; am I allowed to somehow tack on ADL-AKL first?
You've got two open jaws there (at your start/end point and your POT). That may not be allowed. Would starting at YVR kill the MPM?
Two open jaws are not permitted. However, if there is a published routing on AKL-HKG-LAX, you might be able to make this work ex-YVR, so you wouldn't need to pay for the first ticket. That is to say, unless you NEED a stop in LAX (which would push you over the 3 "max events"). In that case you might be out of luck. You may have better luck getting the LAX-NRT-SIN-SYD published routing on SQ (and making your paid YVR-LAX ticket a return one).... but ..... good luck finding seats on that
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by zoobtoob
Is this legal?

NZ19 LAX-RAR
STOP
NZ61 RAR-SYD
OPEN JAW
NZ792 ADL-AKL
STOP
NZ87 AKL-HKG
AC8 HKG-YVR

Why not find a cheap SYD-ADL-AKL ticket and try starting in YVR? Or make your turn around SYD and get a cheap ticket to ADL. Or tack on RAR from AKL or SYD instead. That gets rid of your OJ. The problem will be published routing seats. Have you found Tx on LAX-RAR? Remember that you get a week there.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by sp4294
Why not find a cheap SYD-ADL-AKL ticket and try starting in YVR? Or make your turn around SYD and get a cheap ticket to ADL. Or tack on RAR from AKL or SYD instead. That gets rid of your OJ. The problem will be published routing seats. Have you found Tx on LAX-RAR? Remember that you get a week there.
Half a week It's a Wednesday / Saturday flight if I remember right. Not that that's NEARLY enough in RAR.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Half a week It's a Wednesday / Saturday flight if I remember right. Not that that's NEARLY enough in RAR.
Ooops, yes of course you are correct! And no...not nearly enough time!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC, UA, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG, Hyatt
Could someone check the MPM for routing YLW-LAX-PEK-BKK for me? I would like to insert stops at PVG and / or HKG between PEK and BKK, but when I tried to book this the agent told me the routing direct from PEK to BKK was OK, but that the stopover(s) would put me over MPM?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by quickcanuck
Could someone check the MPM for routing YLW-LAX-PEK-BKK for me? I would like to insert stops at PVG and / or HKG between PEK and BKK, but when I tried to book this the agent told me the routing direct from PEK to BKK was OK, but that the stopover(s) would put me over MPM?
For travel over the Pacific you're allowed 9466mi, and over the Atlantic you're allowed 13823mi. These numbers INCLUDE your 5% over-limit allowance (5M).

Your current routing is 9413mi -- definitely living on the edge Seems the agent was right.

A stop in PVG makes it 9838mi.
A stop in HKG makes it 9640mi.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC, UA, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by arcticbull
For travel over the Pacific you're allowed 9466mi, and over the Atlantic you're allowed 13823mi. These numbers INCLUDE your 5% over-limit allowance (5M).

Your current routing is 9413mi -- definitely living on the edge Seems the agent was right.

A stop in PVG makes it 9838mi.
A stop in HKG makes it 9640mi.
Thanks very much - that's very helpful!

I changed to POT to SIN, and that gave me enough extra miles to book YLW-LAX-PEK-HKG-SIN.

The return is SIN-BKK-MUC-LHR-SFO-LAX-YLW so I still have BKK in the itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.