Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by aleks77
SEZ - NBO - CASH
NBO - ADD - ET - J
ADD - DXB - ET - J
DXB - FRA - LH - J
FRA - LHR - LH - J
LHR - YVR - AC - J

Also do i technically still have a "STOP" i can use somewhere? If i do not sure how i can to my advantage....
Can you not do SEZ-ADD-NBO(stop)-FRA/ZRH/IST-xxx-YVR? Ideally Swiss or TK to save about $600 per person?
Old May 4, 2019, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I still have not booked my honeymoon as we have been super busy with the wedding! So pretty much everything has changed since last time i looked for flights, here is what i currently have;

YVR - SFO - AC - Y
SFO - KIX - UA - Y *stop*
KIX - PEK - CA - J
PEK - SIN - SQ - F (older first class suites!)
SIN - JNB - SQ - J *open jaw*
JNB - SEZ - CASH
SEZ - NBO - CASH
NBO - ADD - ET - J
ADD - DXB - ET - J
DXB - FRA - LH - J
FRA - LHR - LH - J
LHR - YVR - AC - J

Now Is it worth the extra 65k per person in points to try SQ first class suites? I am also going to try to book LH first class 2 weeks out, for the dxb-fra and fra-lhr segments, but those arent guaranteed. The YVR-KIX segment im still looking for a J flight, but only one available goes through PEK and that cant happen since the flight from KIX-SIN goes through PEK.

Also do i technically still have a "STOP" i can use somewhere? If i do not sure how i can to my advantage....
Is there anything available flying through TYO and then taking the train to Osaka and back to explore Japan?
Old May 4, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Can you not do SEZ-ADD-NBO(stop)-FRA/ZRH/IST-xxx-YVR? Ideally Swiss or TK to save about $600 per person?
Can do SEZ-ADD-NBO, forgot about that, but it adds an extra flight and we get into NBO at 01:20am instead of 8pm but save a good amount of money. Will have to think about that one!
Cant find much availability from NBO-YVR, the flight segments i found with LH seem to be best/most direct.

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Is there anything available flying through TYO and then taking the train to Osaka and back to explore Japan?
YVR-NRT via YYC
J to YYC and Y to NRT

then NRT - SIN is available in SQ J Direct which is nice.

Now the SQ F older first class suites, would it be worth the extra points and an extra stop in PEK....maybe not especially since i cant book any other F flights.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now the SQ F older first class suites, would it be worth the extra points and an extra stop in PEK....maybe not especially since i cant book any other F flights.
I wouldnt, but if you never flown F, and have the points.. why not.
I would worry more about the Y segment on what will now be an F award, and the >$1000 per person in fees you will be paying for this itinerary (while having TPAC in coach!)
Old May 4, 2019, 8:21 pm

Just checked the fees on the DXB-FRA-LHR-YVR segment and its $1530 for 2 people
Old May 4, 2019, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can do SEZ-ADD-NBO, forgot about that, but it adds an extra flight and we get into NBO at 01:20am instead of 8pm but save a good amount of money. Will have to think about that one!
Cant find much availability from NBO-YVR, the flight segments i found with LH seem to be best/most direct.

YVR-NRT via YYC
J to YYC and Y to NRT

then NRT - SIN is available in SQ J Direct which is nice.

what dates are you looking at? Hard to give specific advice without knowing, since you seem to have very limited dates available (and didn't jump on what was available last time )
Old May 4, 2019, 8:39 pm

what dates are you looking at? Hard to give specific advice without knowing, since you seem to have very limited dates available (and didn't jump on what was available last time )
Haha man lesson learned gotta get on this stuff ASAP!

Depart YVR - July 18 (after 7pm) or July 19
Depart Japan - July 27
Depart SIN - July 28
Arrive SEZ - July 29
Depart SEZ - Aug 3
Depart NBO - Aug 9 or 10
Have to back at YVR on Aug 11 by midnight
Old May 4, 2019, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haha man lesson learned gotta get on this stuff ASAP!

Depart YVR - July 18 (after 7pm) or July 19
Depart Japan - July 27
Depart SIN - July 28
Arrive SEZ - July 29
Depart SEZ - Aug 3
Depart NBO - Aug 9 or 10
Have to back at YVR on Aug 11 by midnight
There's quite a bit of availability on YVR-PEK, and flying YVR-PEK-TYO-SIN-JNB is within MPM. (also KIX). YVR-PEK-KIX/TYO won't show on ac.com because it's not a valid routing for that itinerary, but it's valid within a YVR-JNB trip so that might be why. Here's what's available for 2 in J:

Jul 19th:
AC29 YVR-PEK, 12:00 departure, 14:05 arrival July 20st, connect to
CA161 PEK-KIX, 16:25 departure, 20:30 arrival

July 20th
CA998 YVR-PEK, 2:30am departure, arrive 4:00am July 21st, connect to
CA924 PEK-KIX, 8:40am departure, arrive 12:40 (also CA161 16:25 departure if you want to spend time in Beijing)

If you can leave early on the 18th, there's also J availability on the AC flight to ICN
Old May 4, 2019, 11:17 pm

There's quite a bit of availability on YVR-PEK, and flying YVR-PEK-TYO-SIN-JNB is within MPM. (also KIX). YVR-PEK-KIX/TYO won't show on ac.com because it's not a valid routing for that itinerary, but it's valid within a YVR-JNB trip so that might be why. Here's what's available for 2 in J:

Jul 19th:
AC29 YVR-PEK, 12:00 departure, 14:05 arrival July 20st, connect to
CA161 PEK-KIX, 16:25 departure, 20:30 arrival

July 20th
CA998 YVR-PEK, 2:30am departure, arrive 4:00am July 21st, connect to
CA924 PEK-KIX, 8:40am departure, arrive 12:40 (also CA161 16:25 departure if you want to spend time in Beijing)

If you can leave early on the 18th, there's also J availability on the AC flight to ICN
Ya this was my original plan but i couldnt get from KIX to SIN on the F SQ because it routed through PEK again. But now that i think im gonna skip the F, looks like this is an option;

YVR - PEK - AC - J - $494 fees for this segment
PEK - KIX - CA - J -
KIX - PVG - NH - J
PVG - SIN - SQ - J

I think getting to NBO I have some options, but struggling to find a good flight back home. I think i might do the following since i have an extra stop;

NBO - ADD - ET - J
ADD - IST - ET - J *STOP 28 hours*
IST - ZRH - TK - J
ZRH - LHR - LX - J
LHR - YVR - AC - J

$750 fees for the IST-YVR leg for both, its high but i dont think i have any other option, going through DXB was $1500+ in fees for 2.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ya this was my original plan but i couldnt get from KIX to SIN on the F SQ because it routed through PEK again. But now that i think im gonna skip the F, looks like this is an option;

YVR - PEK - AC - J - $494 fees for this segment
PEK - KIX - CA - J -
KIX - PVG - NH - J
PVG - SIN - SQ - J

I think getting to NBO I have some options, but struggling to find a good flight back home. I think i might do the following since i have an extra stop;

NBO - ADD - ET - J
ADD - IST - ET - J *STOP 28 hours*
IST - ZRH - TK - J
ZRH - LHR - LX - J
LHR - YVR - AC - J

$750 fees for the IST-YVR leg for both, its high but i dont think i have any other option, going through DXB was $1500+ in fees for 2.
If you do an open Jaw you don't have an extra stop.

And yes, avoiding Y in TPAC is infinitely more valuable than F vs J on a short SQ flight...
Old May 5, 2019, 12:54 pm

Been a while since I've booked a mini-RTW. Will this OJ work:

BKK-TPE-YVR-YYC (stop)
YYC-YUL (stop)
YUL-YYZ (drive)
YYZ-YVR-TPE-BKK
Old May 5, 2019, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seks

BKK-TPE-YVR-YYC (stop)
YYC-YUL (stop)
YUL-YYZ (drive)
YYZ-YVR-TPE-BKK
a mini rtw? Isnt this just a simple roundtrip ticket with an open jaw and a stopover? No reason why this shouldnt work
Old May 5, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by seks

BKK-TPE-YVR-YYC (stop)
YYC-YUL (stop)
YUL-YYZ (drive)
YYZ-YVR-TPE-BKK
It would work - I'm assuming you *want* to drive YUL-YYZ, yes? Personally I'd try and use BKK-ZRH-YUL (LX) for part of this (or the opposite) - though that would put your YYC stop after YUL/YYZ.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:51 pm

If you do an open Jaw you don't have an extra stop.

And yes, avoiding Y in TPAC is infinitely more valuable than F vs J on a short SQ flight...
Right keep forgetting about the open-jaw basically taking away Destination + Stop.

Any other ideas of getting home from NBO? I dont even mind the high surcharges, might have to go with Dubai segment, at least get a full day to explore Dubai.

NBO - ADD - ET - J
ADD - DXB - ET - J
DXB - FRA - LH - J
FRA - LHR - LH - J
LHR - YVR - AC - J

Are the chances decent to get an LH First class on one of those flights T-14?
Old May 6, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
a mini rtw? Isnt this just a simple roundtrip ticket with an open jaw and a stopover? No reason why this shouldnt work
Originally Posted by opentag
It would work - I'm assuming you *want* to drive YUL-YYZ, yes? Personally I'd try and use BKK-ZRH-YUL (LX) for part of this (or the opposite) - though that would put your YYC stop after YUL/YYZ.
It's based on availaibility. Also prefer TPAC since I haven't looked into whether a thai passport holder and do a layover at some of airports in Europe without a visa.

I did a YYC-YUL (stop)-YVR (layover)-YYC multi trip online and that seem to work. But YYC-YUL (stop), YYZ-YVR (layover)-YYC doesn't. Anyone know why? Would YYC-YUL (stop)-YYZ (stop)-YVR (layover)-YYC work?

I could have sworn you can add more than 3 legs online before on AP website when building multi-city.

Last edited by seks; May 6, 2019 at 10:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.