Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by asovse1
If I was planning one of those crazy 16-segment mRTW itineraries, I can't put all 16 flights into ITA Matrix. Would I get the same YQ results if I just did quoted the YQ for Origin to Stop 1, Stop 1 to POT, POT to Stop 2, and Stop 2 to Origin?
Not quite.
Lets say you fly YUL-ZRH on Swiss. Then ZRH-YUL on AC.
First segment is not subject to scamcharges. 2nd is.
Now, if you search ZRH-YUL on AC on ITA, you will see lets say $200 - because YQ ex-Europe is lower.

However, AC will calculate your YQ for the return segment as originating in Canada as half of round trip $500+
asovse1 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Realize I've clearly given some erroneous YQ calculation info - sorry! I'm still unclear on how it IS calculated though.
Say I go YVR-YUL(AC)/YUL-ZRH(LX)/ZRH-IST(TK) and then return the same way - I understand those in the know are saying YQ is calculated for a origin and destination of one YVR-IST flight; but on which airline?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by opentag
Realize I've clearly given some erroneous YQ calculation info - sorry! I'm still unclear on how it IS calculated though.
Say I go YVR-YUL(AC)/YUL-ZRH(LX)/ZRH-IST(TK) and then return the same way - I understand those in the know are saying YQ is calculated for a origin and destination of one YVR-IST flight; but on which airline?
In this case, there should be no YQ, except for the domestic YVR-YUL (usually between $25-$50). Most of the time this is not charged when combined with a longhaul non-YQ leg (like LX/TK)
The origin-destination formula applies if a longhaul leg is YQ'ed.
opentag likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Hi I've been doing a ton of research for the "Big Trip" we are planning next year, can those wiser than me let me know if this is a valid itinerary
TK J ORD-IST (8hr layover do TK sight seeing trip)
TK J IST-DPS - STOP
SIN J DPS-MLE - Destination
SIN J MLE-SIN -STOP
EVA J SIN-ORD
We are looking at May so can't book yet but I played with dates on the ANA site and they seem to work. We will buy a separate ticket to ORD unless I can find a way to begin and end in YYZ that avoids Scam charges.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MME2YYZ
Hi I've been doing a ton of research for the "Big Trip" we are planning next year, can those wiser than me let me know if this is a valid itinerary
TK J IST-DPS - STOP
SIN J MLE-SIN -STOP
EVA J SIN-ORD
We are looking at May so can't book yet but I played with dates on the ANA site and they seem to work. We will buy a separate ticket to ORD unless I can find a way to begin and end in YYZ that avoids Scam charges.
DPS is your destination, its further than MLE. The outbound is perfectly fine, the return would have to continue west from MLE via the Atlantic.
You can do ORD-MLE-DPS and then go via Pacific, but the way you have it wont work.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AC 75K
TK J IST-DPS - STOP
SIN J MLE-SIN -STOP
EVA J SIN-ORD
As already mentioned, this won't work - but not for MPM reasons. DPS is your destination/point of turnaround. You can't transit SIN twice on either side of DPS.

If you change up the sequence of your stops, you may be able to get it to work. Unfortunately the only Star Alliance option to SE Asia from MLE is SQ.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Thanks I played around a bit more and got this - will it work?
YYZ-TPE
TPE-DPS - Destination
DPS-SIN
SIN-MLE - STOP
MLE-BLR
BLR-YYZ
Unfortunately I think I'm going to either have to pay Scam charges for the last leg or hit SE. Side question if i book then hit SE can i call in and get the scam charges waived?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: AC SE
Thanks I played around a bit more and got this - will it work?
YYZ-TPE
TPE-DPS - Destination
DPS-SIN
SIN-MLE - STOP
MLE-BLR
BLR-YYZ
Unfortunately I think I'm going to either have to pay Scam charges for the last leg or hit SE. Side question if i book then hit SE can i call in and get the scam charges waived?
How do you intend to fly BLR-YYZ? There is no *A (or even non *A!) non-stop option on this route. Did you mean DEL instead of BLR?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BLR-YYZ
If you are including LH segments, SE wont help you. That will only waive YQ on AC itineraries.
If you hit SE after the ticket issued , you can get scamcharges refunded upon paying the change fee,
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I was doing some planning and came up with this itinerary:

YYZ- BOS AC J
BOS-IST TK J stop
IST--SIN TK J
SIN-MEL SQ J destination
MEL - SIN SQ J
SIN - KIX SQ J stop
KIX - NRT NH Y
NRT - ORD NH J
ORD - YYZ AC J

I think it's within MPM (13,800 on the return and 14,397 on the way out and I think YYZ-MEL is just over 16,000), but will I be able to transit through SIN twice?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I was doing some planning and came up with this itinerary:

YYZ- BOS AC J
BOS-IST TK J stop
IST--SIN TK J
SIN-MEL SQ J destination
MEL - SIN SQ J
SIN - KIX SQ J stop
KIX - NRT NH Y
NRT - ORD NH J
ORD - YYZ AC J

I think it's within MPM (13,800 on the return and 14,397 on the way out and I think YYZ-MEL is just over 16,000), but will I be able to transit through SIN twice?
You're allowed to transit SIN twice if they're in opposite directions (once outbound, once inbound), so you should be fine!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Thanks. If it was an issue I could have fixed it by transiting through PEK on one of the legs, but wanted to avoid it. A few hours ago I could have went through TPE on BR on the way to KIX but that seems to have disappeared.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: AP Silver, Marriott Platinum, BA
Valid routing?

Working on a few weeks away next year. I think Cape Town is throwing me over MPM?

YYZ-ADD
ADD-CPT Stop 5 days
CPT-IST
IST-MLE Stop 6 days
MLE-SIN
SIN-TPE
TPE-YYZ

I went with this route for a few reasons; low YQ, less hops between stops, and I wanted to fly BR home. I'm open to whatever else works if I need to adjust.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by mack96
Working on a few weeks away next year. I think Cape Town is throwing me over MPM?

YYZ-ADD
ADD-CPT Stop 5 days
CPT-IST
IST-MLE Stop 6 days
MLE-SIN
SIN-TPE
TPE-YYZ

I went with this route for a few reasons; low YQ, less hops between stops, and I wanted to fly BR home. I'm open to whatever else works if I need to adjust.
Your outbound is way over MPM of 13095, your outbound adds up to over 21000 miles. Even getting to MLE is over.

CPT and MLE May not be possible on one reward. What are your priorities?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: AP Silver, Marriott Platinum, BA
Originally Posted by ChrisA330

Your outbound is way over MPM of 13095, your outbound adds up to over 21000 miles. Even getting to MLE is over.

CPT and MLE May not be possible on one reward. What are your priorities?
Thanks for the help!
I've gotta give MLE the priority (wife wants to go back), maybe I'll make IST a stopover and nest a roundtrip to CPT... Or am I still over?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.