Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by ChrisA330

Where are you stopping? You need that before anyone can answer your question.
SEZ, PER, ICN.

My previous iteration was YYZ-YUL-ZRH-ARN-CPH-ATH-CAI-IST-FCO-SIN-PER-SIN-DPS-BKK-ICN-TPE-YYZ and I really enjoyed having the Scandinavia, Cairo, and Athens/Rome layovers, even if the flights were just Euro-J. I feel like that was a better trip overall.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Rykoshet
SEZ, PER, ICN.

My previous iteration was YYZ-YUL-ZRH-ARN-CPH-ATH-CAI-IST-FCO-SIN-PER-SIN-DPS-BKK-ICN-TPE-YYZ and I really enjoyed having the Scandinavia, Cairo, and Athens/Rome layovers, even if the flights were just Euro-J. I feel like that was a better trip overall.
Looks valid. MPM for YYZ-PER is 18060. Your outbound is 17,882, and inbound is 17,959. Talk about maximizing your allowable mileage!
Old May 16, 2019, 8:14 am

NRT-YVR AC4 1650 0925
YVR-YYC AC228 2020 2246

Upon landing, is there a possibility that AC agents at YVR may try to get a hold of the person and see if the person wants to get on an earlier YVR-YYC flight???
Old May 16, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by seks
NRT-YVR AC4 1650 0925
YVR-YYC AC228 2020 2246

Upon landing, is there a possibility that AC agents at YVR may try to get a hold of the person and see if the person wants to get on an earlier YVR-YYC flight???
Possibility? Yes. Is this a common thing? Not even close to common.
It's the other way around - a passenger on an AP booking (ticketed in J) can SDC onto an earlier flight for free if there is positive space, otherwise, can standby to an earlier flight for free.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
It's the other way around - a passenger on an AP booking (ticketed in J) can SDC onto an earlier flight for free if there is positive space, otherwise, can standby to an earlier flight for free.
11h is a long time to wait without lounge access and such.

This person is in Y. I now see there's avaibility for 1430 YVR-YYC. Trying to decide if I should just snag it or take a gamble over next little while or take a gamble upon landing?
Old May 16, 2019, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
SDC is not free in I class. Standby is free though.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
So apparently PER-SIN-ICN-BKK-TPE-YYZ is a problem because it routes asia 1, asia 2, then back to asia 1. Is that right? I can't back-track ITA zones? I thought only backtracing airports and keeping it under MPM was the rule.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Rykoshet
So apparently PER-SIN-ICN-BKK-TPE-YYZ is a problem because it routes asia 1, asia 2, then back to asia 1. Is that right? I can't back-track ITA zones? I thought only backtracing airports and keeping it under MPM was the rule.
No, that's not a thing. HUCA
Old May 16, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Trying to find a way YVR - ICN departing June 2nd or 3rd with lower YQ as I'm currently booked YVR - YYC - NRT - ICN (TPAC on AC J).

One option I found was June 2nd NH115 YVR - HND landing @ 1830 (June 3rd) and then ET NRT - ICN departing 2125.
Probably a bit dicy / not a ton of room for any delays etc. with that timing? I'm not sure how long it normally takes between HND and NRT at that hour or what other's experiences have been.

Any thoughts?
Old May 16, 2019, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Trying to find a way YVR - ICN departing June 2nd or 3rd with lower YQ as I'm currently booked YVR - YYC - NRT - ICN (TPAC on AC J).

One option I found was June 2nd NH115 YVR - HND landing @ 1830 (June 3rd) and then ET NRT - ICN departing 2125.
Probably a bit dicy / not a ton of room for any delays etc. with that timing? I'm not sure how long it normally takes between HND and NRT at that hour or what other's experiences have been.

Any thoughts?
way too risky to do HND-NRT with only three hours. your best-case JUST transit is like 90mins by train, and that doesn't even begin leaving the plane, clearing immigration, possibly picking up your luggage, dropping it off at NRT, etc. And that's not even including possible delays.

Lucky for you, there's availability on both June 2nd and June 3rd on YVR-HND-GMP on NH, which saves you some routing (and travel time into Seoul, as GMP is much more accessible than ICN), but probably no YQ. Not sure.

GMP&ICN are co-terminals as far as aeroplan is concerned so there shouldn't be an issues with the whole RTW if you then depart from ICN.

edit: actually, YQ is only 160CAD on that, that's not too bad!
Old May 16, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by Smiley90
way too risky to do HND-NRT with only three hours. your best-case JUST transit is like 90mins by train, and that doesn't even begin leaving the plane, clearing immigration, possibly picking up your luggage, dropping it off at NRT, etc. And that's not even including possible delays.

Lucky for you, there's availability on both June 2nd and June 3rd on YVR-HND-GMP on NH, which saves you some routing (and travel time into Seoul, as GMP is much more accessible than ICN), but probably no YQ. Not sure.

GMP&ICN are co-terminals as far as aeroplan is concerned so there shouldn't be an issues with the whole RTW if you then depart from ICN.

edit: actually, YQ is only 160CAD on that, that's not too bad!
Thanks for the reply. As this is my first mRTW I didn't even consider GMP so I appreciate you pointing that out!
I do fly out of ICN for the rest of the itinerary.
Might just go ahead and book that then rather than wait until T-4ish to see if YVR - TPE on BR opens up... ANA J is supposed to be pretty decent from what I've read.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Thanks for the reply. As this is my first mRTW I didn't even consider GMP so I appreciate you pointing that out!
Might just go ahead and book that then rather than wait until T-4ish to see if YVR - TPE on BR opens up...
YVR-HND-GMP in NH J sounds just about infinitely better than YVR-YYC-NRT-ICN, so I think you should definitely do that haha

(and arguably not worse than YVR-TPE-ICN, either.)
Old May 17, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan

Any thoughts?
There is June 2 YVR-SEA-TPE(BR depart early June 3)-ICN
Old May 17, 2019, 8:12 pm

Received an email from AC about my YEG-YYZ segment. Am I able to change my flight reward tickets without penalty???

Booking reference: XXXXXX

Hello,

As you may be aware, Transport Canada has closed Canadian airspace to the Boeing 737 MAX aircraft until further notice. Air Canada supports this decision and has grounded its fleet of 24 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft. This has impacted our operations as we carry, on average, nine to twelve thousand customers per day on these aircraft.

We are taking measures to ensure we can still carry our customers safely to their destinations. We are pleased to inform you that an alternate arrangement has been made to maintain your travel plans. As such, you will now be flying on Air Canada RougeŽ* for your upcoming flight from Edmonton to Toronto.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: hahaha
Had an email this morning about a schedule change on our mRTW. I expected more of these since we're T-230 days. The YEG-YYZ segment is our final segment and got pushed back by two hours (1AM) and assigned on a 7M8 (26h layover in YEG now actually, is this okay if we're maxed out our stops already?)

We have no problem taking that particular segment but I was wondering if it was possible to use the general schedule change as an excuse to swap out our less desirable HKG-ICN (AI J) and ICN-NRT (ET J) segments earlier in the trip for HKG-HND (NH J) that I see having availability?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.